Monday, June 18, 2012

Basically...life is the same

Good Morning Family,
 
I hope you all had a good trip I am sure I will get details about it soon. Glad to hear you made it home safely. Happy Father's Day Dad. I know it was yesterday, but at least you have a little shout out. I did send a card nothing crazy, but just know I was thinking about you.
Also mom thank you so much for your email this morning, and making an extra effort to make sure I had it in my inbox in time!!! Your the best.  Mom really thanks again because I would have bursted into tears if nothing was in my inbox so thank you so much, and really you have now idea how much it means. Also could you please attach Stevens emails because for the past few weeks I haven't been getting them. Linnea Grimes good thing your email just came in!! Dad and B so did yours!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
 
Well some weeks I feel like my emails are just super boring because everything is just going. Which I should be grateful that its at least all still going. You know I have never been on the biggest emotional roller coaster in my whole entire life. You know there are so many things I love about missionary work really, but one thing I am not going to miss is feeling like I am walking on egg shells. I feel like everything I do nothing is really right or the way it should be done. I try to be exactly obedient, but somehow I am human- imagine that, and that doesn't always happen. Some rules don't make sense, and some times I just wish I could just get a break or some slack cut you know.  Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself because really there is only so much I can do, but emotionally some times I just wonder how I have ever made it this long. You know and soon I will have some great things to tell you, and be able to go into more detail. You know missions are just hard which means they wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't hard. Or somehow I would grow the way I needed if it wasn't hard. I was talking to crystal yesterday after Relief Society. She turned to me and said you have a lot of patience i can see it in your eyes. I told her you know before my mission yes I would have considered myself a patient person, but now not so much. She just said no know now your getting to know more of the meaning of patience. I don't know why I loved that so much, but really I had a light bulb turn on in my head!! Sure I knew a certain level of patience or maybe the definition, but now I am getting to know it personally.  Which by the way Crystal and Misa were in church yesterday!! I love them, and they are the biggest tender mercy this transfer. On Wedensday they pulled out their wedding rings that they had bought. On Sunday the wedding was announed in sacrament meeting. Before Relief Society a cute lady who likes to make cakes hermana Maurn comes up and says I will be making your wedding cake. Next Monday is the big day!!! I am so Excited for them. Keep them in your prayers the baptismal date might have to be pushed back another week, but dont worry they will make it. I have never met a couple like them my entire mission, and it has been so fun to just watch them learn and grow. Not only that to establish a relationship with them in the gospel as missionaries, but also as their friends. Everytime we go over there Hermana Peak and I always walk out just thinking how the heck did we spend so much time in there. The lessons are that solid it just goes from one gospel topic to the next and so many good questions. Not only that they make me laugh so much, and I seriously just love them. Also victor came to church. We are still working on the word of wisdom well he is working on it, but its coming. Also with Lynda we are to the point we just don't know what to do anymore. I mean really there is only so much we can do. She told us all week long how much she wanted to come to church, and then didn't make it. She is just going through so many things right now she still smokes, and takes so many medications because of mental/ anxiety problems. We just need a little more effort you know the relationship here has got to work both ways. Same with Alex I mean all we can do is invite, but they have to be the ones that really want to change their lives. I was reading a scripture in Mosiah 5:2 where they people are talking about a change they had in themselves because of the change they had in their hearts. It has to be that way because our desires have to be linked to actions and eventually that is what is going to make us change, and want to change into the person we are or who we want to become. Basically I know so many people want to change they just don't realize that we are more than just two girls to help them feel good on a bad day. We are the way we are because of the gospel.
 
Speaking of that just in case you forgot guess who hits one year on FRIDAY!!!! I am almost to the point where I can say this time last year I was a missionary. Crazy. Oh man it sure has been quite the ride full of good and bad times. This somehow better make me a better person. Good thing I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Well family go out and celebrate for me. Also little tatum HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!!! Family I love you all so much, and I am glad you loved the vacation. Have the best week ever, and enjoy every moment. Love you, and a big hug from Seattle.
XOXOXO Love Always, Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment