Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sister Grimes

Well after a few weeks of stressing, excitement, anticipation the call letter finally came!!
It arrived in the mail on Thursday afternoon, and I decided to wait until Saturday so that my family could be there for the big moment. I loved every second of it and couldn't have been more excited. Saturday morning was insane the family arrived around noon, and I had so many friends there to support as well.

The Video of the Big Moment...due to excitement and shock it only caught the first little bit.
" Dear Sister Grimes, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Washington Seattle Mission. You should report to the Provo MTC on Wednesday, June 22, 2011. You will prepare to preach the gospel in Spanish language!!"


I am so excited!! This really was the best feeling, and I just enjoyed every second of it.
I am so blessed, and I know that this is exactly where the Lord needs me to be.
Thank you so much for all of your love and support.

"Many young women are serving missions, or are preparing to serve missions, not because they aren't married or have nothing better to do, but because they have a desire to serve and therefore are being called to the work. The reason so many are going is because in the next generation, Heavenly Father will be sending his priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send them to mothers who have been trained and taught the gospel and what better training can a young woman have than that of serving a mission."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley

SEATTLE HERE I COME!!!

5 comments:

  1. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Congrats! Taylor told me the news this morning. So SO happy for you. Love ya girlie---Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO WOO!!!! I'm so excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be so AMAZING!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Linds, that is so so so so fabulous! I have lots of fam up there that aren't members so I sure hope you happen to be in their area at some point:) I love your guts and look up to you so greatly for your decision to sacrifice and serve the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you!!! YEAH!!! After reading this post I just realized something! You are going to be able to see seattle grey's hospital!!! hahahaha jk! Gotta love Grey's! You are going to be an amazing missionary and I am so so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete