Thursday, March 3, 2011

They're In

I hope they call me on a mission when I have grown a foot or two. Well guess what kids I have grown a foot or two so its official my mission papers are in!!
Yes, its true I am going to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It seems that the Lord has different things in mind for me right now then getting into hygiene school. I am not going to sit here and say that I wasn't disappointed because I was more than qualified. There are just people who are better than I was maybe its the timing. I have always thought about going on a mission, and lets face it for those who know me I always said it was something I could picture myself doing. Lets just say that I meet with my Bishop about the same time I turned my hygiene application in so I was doing what I could in my power to leave it up to the Lord. Of couse we all have been blessed with the gift of agency, and so yes I had the right to choose to serve a mission. I think that is what makes it so much better. Well I got the letter from dental hygiene saying I wasnt accepted, and lets just say that was the answer. Within a week of getting that letter I finished up my papers, got all of the medical appoinments done, and had the final interview with the Bishop and the Stake Presdient so this is the Real Deal!! I am not saying that one day I wont do hygiene, but today I am 100% committed and willing to give everything I have to the Lord for 18 months. I am not going on a mission because things in my life didn't go according to plan, but really when do they ever go according to "our" plan. I am going because things weren't supposed to work out so I could go on a mission. Jacki said it best "Linds you deserve the best, and that'ts exactly what the Lord has in mind for you: The Best!!" Of course everyone has told me "Linds the Lord just needs you somewhere else right now." I have spent more time on my knees with strength to know whats right.  Lets just say its been quite the emotional rollercoaster I cry on a whim now its crazy. I cry at the thought of my family dropping me off at the MTC or saying good bye to Family, and Friends. At times I feel more inadequate than ever before, but I just have to put my faith in him knowing that everything will work out.
So let the guessing game begin because I am hoping my call will be here in a few weeks!!


10 comments:

  1. My guess is somewhere in Europe! Definitely Europe. I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess . . . Taiwan! Haha, that would be hilarious because then I would probably run into you! =)Or Texas! Okay, either way I guess I just want to run into you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing state-side...east coast. Let's go with New Hampshire for fun! I'm so excited for you no matter where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Everyone was so excited for your news! You are so great!
    I am excited to follow you on your journey. I need to think about my guess for your call for a little while, though...
    Love your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grant says, Japan or Idaho
    Olivia says, Stockholm, Sweden
    Ethan says, England or Spain
    Anna says, New York or Tennessee
    Axel says, Chicago or Michigan
    I'm thinking a temple mission somewhere

    Where ever it is, you'll be a fantastic missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to cay Chile Santiago:) I am so happy for you!! I didn't know that you were doing this. It is the greatest experience opening your call:) I was very emotional when I did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey, I admire your faith to serve the Lord. Your life and the many lives of those your meet will be greatly blessed by your example and faith as you teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. LINDSEY!!!! I am so happy to read this post!! You have no idea!! This is all happening so fast!! I was just with you last week when you finally came to the solid conclusion that you're going to serve a mission, and now your papers are IN!!!! That's so cool!! I am so so so happy for you and you can definitely count me in on being there at your farewell!! Just tell me the time and place and I will be in the congregation with my box of tissues... because that's what us preggo people do!! Haha. I love you Linds! You're going to be such an amazing missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard my "temple mission" guess got boo'd So I'm officially putting in Nauvoo, Il.
    That's my guess.

    Can't wait to hear.

    Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's awesome! Sorry about hygiene school..it's hard to not be accepted...I know...it took me 2 tries to get into nursing :). I can't wait to hear where you go! I say Texas!

    ReplyDelete