Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Crazy week

Hola to my Amazing Family!!!
LES AMO MUCHO!!!
 
Well Here we are again!! I LOVE email day because I get to tell you all about my crazy up and down week!! This week was just that. You know its a good thing I like Roller coaster's because I am in one for the Next 14 months. Let me just fill you in on how it all went. The Rainy Season is officially in full force which means I use my Rain coat every day. I will probably start to look a little scary because you know I am getting WET!! So don't judge, and I promise I am still trying to be the cutest sister missionary ever. Yesterday we took our Culture day and went into the City!! I Love the City. Of course we did it all the Space Needle, Pikes, the Gum Wall, and some Troll thing under a bridge. I will attach a few pictures, and a video so hopefully it works, but its just a sneak peek because I will have a CD of pictures coming next week sometime. I loved the view from the space needle. Pikes was so fun, and I probably could have spent hours there, and of course I had to go put a piece of gum on the famous gum wall.
 
As for updates on my investigators. We had a Lesson with Carolina on Thursday, and it had been a few days since we have seen her. Anyway it was such a spiritual lesson we basically just told her how it is of course with Charity. We read in Mosiah 18 and talked about the importance of Keeping the Sabbath day Holy, and Baptism. She said the closing prayer, and cried. The spirit was so strong, and I love her so much!!! She was all ready to be baptized today, and was supposed to have her interview on Sunday. We went over on Saturday, and had a lesson with her kids. We talked to each of them about the importance of baptism, and had them answer some questions for us. I LOVE children they are so cute!!! They come up with the cutest answers. Well anyway at 6:35am on Sunday we get a call from Carolina telling us she was so sorry, but she got called into work. Not only that she will be working double shifts all week long. She couldn't come to church which means her baptism will be pushed back a few weeks once again. Remember that roller coaster ya so exacted so excited ...then back down. We are going to visit her sometime this week, and I know she will be baptized. Her testimony is not even a question for me at all she is so ready. Dang Satan!!! Just keep them in your prayers.
 
Next we have Sarah. Who we hadn't visited in a few weeks basically we just needed to figure out what was holding her back. She lived in Utah for a year and attended Church, and pretty much knows it all. For some reason we couldn't get her to be baptized, and she was hard to get a hold of. Well Saturday night we had such a good lesson. Once again we shared Mosiah 18 because it was perfect for her as well. Basically we walked in the lesson not knowing what to share, but I had been studying Mosiah 18 during personal study it was just perfect for both. Anyway she told us how she reads every day, and needs to be baptized. What was holding her back from being baptized in Utah was she was not married, and living with her boyfriend. Well she got married over the summer so that's not an issue anymore, and she has the support from her Husband. So we committed her to baptism on October 29, 2011, but guess who didn't come to church!!! Once Again Roller Coaster!!! Which blows my mind because less than 24 hours earlier she told us how she needed to be there, and right before church started she called us to tell us her husband was going to take her an she would see us soon. We even had a ride set up for her and everything. I am not sure what happened there, and she is still ok to be baptized at the end of this month but she has to come to church.
 
Then Alejandra. Who is a single mom, and is in the process of going through a divorce. She used to work on Sunday's so I had only met her once up until last week. She called us and said she no longer works on Sunday's, and wanted to come to church. That was right before general conference. We arranged to have someone pick her up, and we watched the Sunday afternoon session of conference with her. We had two visits with her last week, and they were so good. Basically I feel like a counselor, but she needs someone to talk to and someone to listen to her. She was supposed to come to church too, but GUESS WHAT she didn't. Her ex- husband was supposed to come, and pick up her son but he never showed. I mean she had a good reason I guess, and we went to visit her last night she felt so bad. Its hard because I see how much each of these people need the blessings of the Gospel, and they are all so close!!! So needless to say Saturday night I was so excited just to go right back down on Sunday. I think I figured out that's why they have P-day on Monday. Its so hard not to get disappointed, but my mission president said it best. "Disappointment leads to a lack of faith....(so true) Godly Sorrow leads to an increase of Charity." Its hard at times to keep the faith, and stay strong especially because we are going to feel disappointed because we love these people. That's where we just have to trust in the Lord. The upside Joel attended church so hopefully sometime soon we can get him committed to baptism. In the meantime I guess I will just enjoy the ride!!! As for the ward we have been visiting a Less Active Member Laura Nunez, and her Children. She has quite the story, and it has been fun getting to know her. She had us over for dinner on Sunday, and then over for a birthday party thing yesterday. She is so sweet, and I love playing with her kids. One of the pictures is her daugher Alessia (4) and I. Oh man that kid is crazy, but I love her so much. She always comes and gives me hugs, and kisses (more like sucks my face off)  I love them so much, and we have so much fun!!
  
Thank you for your amazing support, encouragement, and prayers.  Be good, and know that some missionary in Seattle Loves you!!! Enjoy every moment.
 
LOVE ALWAYS
 
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment