Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's a beautiful day in Washington

Hola to my Amazing Family!!
Les Amo Mucho!!!
 
Well here we are again. Guess What it is a beautiful day in Washington!!! Not even a cloud in site!!! Gotta Love it. I am beginning to have a love for the rain, and cloudy skies but maybe because its only the beginning of many months ahead. Washington is beautiful, and I could see my self living here one day in the future. I guess I should just get through this crazy thing I would like to call a Mission!!! Not much has really happened this week its been a little uneventful. Of course I am still doing missionary work, and working my little butt off. Carolina has had to work a double shift this past week oh so guess what she didn't come to church. Maybe one day in the future she will be baptized. I pray that I get to be here for it. The Lord is really testing my patience, and faith especially at this moment in time. Its amazing how this is a time for you to completely forget yourself and go to work, but I am going to be the one who does the most growing. A lot of times people say that if the only person you change is yourself than that's enough, but the more I think about it. For me that's not enough. I know all I can do is my best. At this moment in time there really is nothing better I could be doing, but yet your always feeling like your not doing a good enough job. Its hard because we have about 5 people who are just one step away from being baptized, and for some reason something always comes up. For instance Sara we went over the baptismal questions with her Friday night, and she answered them perfect!! She has such a strong testimony, and knows so much about the church. For some unknown reason she didn't come to church even when she told us she was going to be there. The Lord is testing my faith right now and its really working. There are a few lessons I am learning. 1. Its his time frame and 2. People have the wonderful gift of agency. On the other hand Alejandra came to Church. We had a lesson with her Saturday and read Alma 32. She said she wants to be baptized, and just feels like she needs to learn more. We are trying to help her strengthen her testimony, and trust in the Lord.
Now I have a few funny stories. Lets face it you have to have fun, and I think I am pretty funny. Ok so there is an elder in my district who is way negative all the time, and very quite serious. He is nice don't get me wrong. Anyway he was asking me if I had a good birthday a few weeks ago, and I said yes of course. Then asked when his Birthday was, and he wouldn't tell me. Which is so dumb because I love birthdays, and Like to know things. So every day we text him and wish him a Happy Birthday. One hand he probably gets annoyed, and on the other hand he probably likes the attention. He always responds. Its not my Birthday!!! Then of course me having a little sassy side always says Prove it. Its so funny. Next we received a referral from some elders who ran into a "spanish" lady had a doorstep lesson, and left her a book of Mormon. So Saturday we go and check up on the referral, and guess what she speaks English from Hawaii. So technically she is still there investigator. Me once again being the funny person I am figured I would just joke with them. About 15 Min's later I called them, and had them put the phone on speaker. Then I went on to tell them that she had read the introduction to the Book of Mormon, and the first 7 chapters of 1 nephi & committed for baptism. They were so excited, and then I had them tell me about the lesson they had with her, and what they taught. Then told them to keep up the good work then after about 5 Min's I had to tell them I was kidding. What really happened is we get up to the door and say HOLA, and she is say "I don't speak Spanish" so then I had to joke with the elders about the difference between English and Spanish. Classic, and the next night at zone fireside they gave me props for getting them good. One more thing we were leaving are apartment on saturday, and realized some guy was fixing his car. I got out to ask if he needed some assistance my comp stayed in the car and was making some phone calls to see if we could get someone to help him. Anyway I ended up talking to him for a little while. He is from turkey, and has been in the united states for about a year and he works at a gas station. Well he ended up figuring out the problem before we could get anyone to help. He expressed his gratitude to me for stopping to talk to him and help. He mentioned that many people have come int he parking lot, and know one asked if he needed help. So then he proceeded to them me that he wanted to do something. Of course I said No, thanks I was just seeing if you needed help. Then he offered to buy me coffee, and me being a missionary just said you know I dint drink coffee, but I do have a book for you to take. Yep he took the book of Mormon, and then made me take his phone number. Kinda Funny!!! Thats ok because I am going to give the referral to the elders because I managed to figure out where he lives. We will see what happens. Not only do we teach the gospel, we are detectives, stockers, and counselors.
The Life of a Missionary!! Love it
Well family I love you so much!! Thank you for all your love, and support. Keeping doing whats right, and know that I am always praying for you. Seriously I don't stop praying. Have an amazing week, and know that a missionary in seattle LOVES YOU!!!
 
Love Always
 
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment