Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Buenos Dias to my Amazing Family,
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I cant even believe it is the end of October!! Where the heck did it go? I hope you all have something fun planned. Halloween has never been on the top of the list for favorite holidays, but its not so bad as a missionary. I really don't have to worry about dressing up since my costume choice is a little limited this year.  Which every year I always tell myself at the beginning of the month I am going to be something cool an then on Halloween I end up just throwing something together not a problem this year. Actually Hermana Heywood and I are borrowing some Elders clothing, and yep we are dressing up as "Elders." I think we think its more funny than anyone else will. Really it will just be to take a few pictures. So stay tuned for next week!! Also since its P-day we are having a zone party at the corn maze. Which we be super fun, but we are going to freeze our little butts off. Then tonight we have Dinner with the Franco's, and they always make us the best stuff!!! Which we will be something Mexican. Then we cant be out past 7 unless we are in members homes so its going to be an early night, and since we have 2 other sets of missionaries that live in the same apartment complex we will probably have a little party in the lobby until about 9. Halloween actually hasn't been to shabby this year. On Friday Night we had our Branch party which was combined with another ward so us missionaries decided to switch name tags... oh man aren't we cleaver!! All the kids were dressed up so cute, and we even had a truck or treat so we passed out candy for that. Now I have to tell you the funniest story. I attached a picture of my friend I think its the third one. I didn't ask him his name so you can just make one up for story purposes. I was standing in line by a bunch of kids, and I see this one little boy. I start talking to him, and I ask him what he was for Halloween.
He made a little grunt noise "You don't know what I am for Halloween"
Bud, your just dressed up so good. Are you Batman? Vampire?
" NO, nobody ever knows what I am"
Well can I have a hint?
"The first word is Halloween, and the second word starts with a P"
In my head I am thinking, freak I don't have the slightest idea. Once again I say really bud your just dressed up so good.
His voice gets increasing louder by this point it time " I AM A HALLOWEEN PRINCE"
Really who would have guessed that. This ten year old boy was seriously angry with me, and it was quite funny.
So he walks away to go play some doughnut game. In the meantime I was telling the one of the elders this story.
After he is done playing he comes up to me like we are best friends, and starts telling me all about the game. The Elder who I just told the story to said "Hey, can I guess what you are for Halloween. Are you a Halloween Prince?" He smiles, and then looks, points his finger at me and says "Did you tell him?" Well, of course not buddy. ( yep I lied)
By this point me and him have become the best of friends. He is giving me hugs, and we are just have a great conversation. I told him when he goes out to truck or treat he had to come find me. Then about 30 Min's later I am sitting in the back of the truck, and this little boys yells " There you are!!!" Runs up to the car, and gives me a hug. He is so funny, but he hated me just one hour prior now all of a sudden its like we have been life long buddies.
 
Well this week has been pretty uneventful. Hermana Heywood has been sick so that's never fun. We did have some great lessons with members. Remember how I said last week we are on repair duty for the branch. We went to visit with the Mercado Family, and I LOVE THEM!!! I have gotten to know them so well!! The mom was headed to the Dominican Republic for about 6 weeks, and by next summer there going to probably be moving there. Which is  super sad, but on the upside she said we could visit anytime. Yep, I have hook ups in the Dominican Republic!! We went to visit with her before she left because who knows if we are going to be here when she gets back with transfers and all. Anyway we ended up talking to her about for about 2 hours, and she just opened up about her life, and kids. I love getting to know people on that level, and having them really trust you that they do tell you everything.  
 
Yesterday evening we had our baptism!! I love Marixa, and she was so prepared. Its amazing how the people I think are the most prepared really aren't, and then the Lord has someone completely different in mind. She is amazing, and she looked so happy last night. It was beautiful. Of course we had a nice little dinner after the baptism the castillo family is amazing. I attached a few pictures for the baptism. So enjoy. Well I love you all. I hope you have an amazing week!! Just know I am thinking about you, and praying for you always. Its sounds like you have had some fun with having Grandpa, and Uncle Rog in town. A small part of me Mom wishes I could be curled up by the fire place watching Lion King with all of you, but I know thats not where I am supposed to be yet. Keep doing whats right, and enjoy every moment. Know that someone in Seattle Loves you!!!
 
Love Always, Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment