Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome to November

Good Afternoon to the Best Family in the World!!!
 
Can you believe that it is November!! Want to know something kind of sad? Yesterday in our ward correlation meeting our ward mission leader was talking about how the week of thanksgiving his family was headed to visit family in Wyoming, and he would be gone the whole week. It hit me for a second that everyone has work off, school, and that's when everyone heads home for Thanksgiving, but for me this year that won't be the case. This is home for the next little while. It was super weird. Good thing I am loving my mission more and more everyday. Not that it didn't love it from the get go or anything, but the more time that passes the more I love it. By all means that doesn't mean that I don't have hard days because I do that's pretty much expected. Really some days are hard no matter what your doing. Yesterday morning we got to attend Marixa's confirmation, and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong, and she just looked radiant!!! Also the member work that we have been doing has been paying off because we had over 100 people in our little branch yesterday which is HUGE!!! It was such a great day. I am loving spending time with members, and they are a huge part in working with the investigators. Every convert needs a friend has been the big push the last couple weeks. The members treat us so well. We had a fun lesson with Mercado family, and we played the candy bar game. We have had some amazing dinners with members. I am going to come home an AWESOME Mexican cook so be excited!!! Also I decided I might be turning into a little bit of an "Apple Snob" because you see Washington is the state of apples, and the have the honey crisp apples which are so delicious. They taste exactly how their name describes them...crispy!! One other thing I love about washington the SKY!!! I probably have already mentioned that, but i wouldnt be the Lindsey you all know and love if I didnt saythings a few times.. Right? I can't even get over how amazing the sunsets are, and pictures just dont do it justice.
I hope you all had a awesome Halloween. You know how I said we were going to dress up as elders well we didnt. I know I am way disappointed because you see these elders have known we were borrowing there clothes for a good solid month. Then for what ever reason something happened they totally fell through, oh but they managed to have time to show us there awesome costumes...Punks!!! Maybe next year. We did still go to a corn maze as a zone which was pretty fun, and I did attached a picture of that as well. We had zone conference last week!! Which I loved it was my first offical one, and I think what is so great about it is being surrounded by so many missionaries. There is such a powerful spirit when your all united together, and its fun to see some other people in different zones. Not that I don't love my zone I do, and we get along so well. Plus they are stupid if the dont get along with the sisters because lets face it we are pretty dang cool. Anyway we talked about our "Mormon Moment" right now in our mission we are having a mormon.org campain. Where we have signs on buses, billboards, and even TV commercials. Its going to be sparking a lot of intrest over the next few months in our mission. Which is pretty dang cool if you think about it. We talked a lot about the support the church is getting right now, and how we are having people defend the church that never before would. President Larkin showed a video clip in zone conference where Anderson Cooper was defending us(church) against some Pastor. It was so legit, and it is such an amazing time to be spreading the news of the Gospel. Obviously I am a little out of the loop, but its happening all over the world that people are hearing about who we are.
Just so you are aware we have transfer calls this week!!! I am freaking out!!! It makes me quite up tight, and I am super nervous to see what happens. I Love my area, and I dont want to leave!!  Where ever we are headed next transfer is where we will spend the holidays which is freaky because its all about the unknown. The reason I am telling you is becasue P-day will be switched until tuesday so I will let you know what happens. I hope you had fun spending time with everyone!!!
I love you all, and pray for you always. Enjoy every moment. Have an awesome week. Know I am thinking about you, and couldn't do it with out your support.
 
LOVE ALWAYS
 
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment