Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hello from my new AREA

Good Afternoon to my Amazing Family,
 
Well I got transferred!! Listening to the transfer call is the most stressful thing ever!! So i am glad that is over with it is always hard because you hear names on the phone call of friends who have become so close through out the transfer. Of course the call doesn't come until about 10:00pm so you are anxious all day long!!! Well obviously my name was mentioned, and it was sad. Hermana Heywood and I got along so well. Of course I had my days, but that happens no matter who you are with. These past 12 weeks really have been a blast. We both think we are pretty cool, and we like to have fun. Not to mention leaving a area is never easy!! Its like leaving home all over again as you say good-byes, and not even realizing what is in store. Its amazing the amount of charity you have for people within just a few months of knowing them. I guess the Lord just needs me somewhere else which I will tell you where as soon as I fill you on what has been going on. So this past week felt super long for some reason, but it went by fast!! Its crazy!! Well Hilda and Lulu Franco taught hermana heywood, and I how to make chocolate flan. Flan is some custard type thing then we made it with a chocolate cake mix. Really its not my favorite dessert of all time, but is super Mexican so you kind of have to know how to do it. Then we had a spanish meeting for all the Spanish missionaries so that was a fun little reunion. Its always fun when you have times to get together with other missionaries. On Saturday we had an appointment set up with Enrique, and Lily who were a referral from the elders. The elders found them tracting one night. Anway a few weeks ago we were driving at it was about 8:30 and we had to be back to our apt by 9:00 so we didnt have tons of time. We drived past the apartment complex, and I mentioned hey lets just quickly go stop by the referral. That day we had set up the appt for the following saturday. Well the next sat the appt we weren't able to meet with them because of some mis communication with time. We ended up having the appt this past saturday. They are so nice, and humble. They had mentioned something about seeing an ad for the finding faith in christ DVD so we ended up making that the lesson. Then at the end of the lesson we asked it we could kneel in pray to close the lesson. We asked lily to be the one to say the prayer as she prayed the spirit was so strong, and half way through she started crying. It was an amazing lesson, and they have such a desire to learn more. Obviously I am not in kent, but its moments like that on the mish that make it all worth it. The on Sunday we had our zone fireside which was a testimony meeting since it was the end of the transfer. That is always bitter sweet. Then monday we went to visit with quite a few people as I had to say my good-byes. You never know maybe one day I can come back to serve in Kent, but thats not something you can predict. We went and saw Marixa at the pupesaria and she made us lunch. I had to go say good-bye to my one of my favorite families Laura Nunoz, and her children. She made us dinner that night, and we had a good talk with her. She has been on the focus 5 families for the branch, and she has been through a lot. I love them so much, and she treats us so well. I cried leaving there house it was awful. Her kids are my favorite, and the whole night they just kept saying "Hermana Grimes we love you, and we are going to miss you." Of course tons of hugs and kisses as well. I got some cute pictures so I will make sure I send them your way very soon. Then I had to go see the Mercado Family another on of my favorites, but i know that they will be a family that I will keep in touch with after the misson. Then of course saying goodbye to elders that have become my good buddies. Even though you have so many changes, and it something I am just going to have to get used to. You quickly realize that there is something one else who needs you, and other things you need to learn. Even though things change every 6 weeks. What never changes is the Gospel or the testimony I have of the Restored Gospel. So for the new area..... I am in BELLEVUE!!! Its the craziest thing because there has been elders in bellevue before, but never sisters. I am in a 3 some with Hermana Stout, and Beak!!! Who would have thought that we would have been together this soon!!! The three of us get to rock Bellevue!! It will be fun because since we are the first spanish sisters to serve here we dont know what the heck is going on, and all of us our new to the area so we have a lot of learning together. Hermana Beak is only one transfer ahead of me and H. Stout so we are all pretty new still in the mission so like I mentioned a lot of learning. It will be fun for the branch, and everyone keeps telling us they are going to love us because we are sisters. Other than that we are opening the area up for sisters so here it goes!!! I was a little nervous for the 3 some at first, but it is going to be a blast!! I love Hermana Stout already, and who knew she would be such a big part of my mission!! Its funny because at our spanish conference we were joking about how me and her were going to open an english area together. Little did we know that we are going to be white washed spanish sisters!! Hermana Beak is Korean from LA California she went to school at BYU!! She is a very hard worker and very on the ball, and smart like most asians. She seems super sweet, and I can usually get along with everyone so its just meeting new friends!!! I will have to fill you in on the people next week as soon as I start to meet them. Yep this is where I will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! Oh and Guess what Dallin H. Oaks is coming to speak to our mission this Saturday!!! I am stoked for that, and whats else is nice is i get to see all the mission buddies again!!! Its amazing whenever you have a group of missionaries together there is always such a special spirit. I didnt have time to read your emails before i wrote this but I will get a real letter in the mail soon!!! Just know I love you all, and I hope you are doing well. Know I pray for you always. Enjoy every moment!! Love you. Oh mom I met Tammy Son Elder parsons!! He is serving in Bellevue so we are in the same zone!! Oh and i have run into Elder White a few times as well so thats kind of fun.
 
Love Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment