Tuesday, November 1, 2011

4 Months out

Buenos Dias to the Best People in the World,
 
This week went so fast!!! I can't even believe it.

This week has been amazing, and we have had some amazing lessons. Of course we always manage to have fun. 
We have been fighting against Satan for our investigators, and it really is a fight!!  Sara was our on date investigator who we had two lessons with last week. One we talked about the importance of a prophet, and we watched his latest general conference address. Then Saturday I was on exchanges with Hermana Stout, and Beck. We went over to stop in we shared 2 nephi 31:20, and talked about the blessings of enduring to the end. Both lessons were very uplifting, and her bearing her testimony. She told us all week long she was coming to church. The lesson on Saturday she was even counting down the days to her baptism. Well we had member who was willing to give her a ride to church, and called her about an hour before church to just finalize plans. She had mentioned that her Husband didn't have to work, and he would be taking her to church. I know we should have a little more faith in people, but we were skeptical so we even called her 20 minutes before church started just to make sure. She had told us that she was on her way, and would see us soon. We even made sure she new how to get there.  Well she didn't show up to church-SURPRISE, SURPRISE for reasons that I still don't know. I mean she has a testimony, and when we asked her the baptismal interview questions it was amazing to hear her testimony. Which means since she didn't come to church she fell off date. During Sacrament I was not going to let it get me frustrated because it was the Primary Program. It was perfect, and I even Cried during the program. Yep, Cried during the primary program. The kids were adorable saying their cute testimonies in Spanish as the teacher whispered it in there ear. You have the cute kids who are so shy, and you can barely hear. Then you have the ones who are practically eating the microphone. Then you have the parents sitting in the congregation smiling from ear to ear. I know a little pathetic that I cried, but the spirit was so strong. Who knows whats going to happened the day I actually have kids in the program. I guess just plan on bringing tissues.
 Then it hit me during Sunday School about how I was so disappointed that she didn't come to church.  I was getting really down on myself. Asking what am I doing Wrong? We have so many people who are so close, and I don't know what else I can do. I was getting really discouraged, and started to wonder why the heck I decided to do this. I mean its a sacrifice to pay the money to be here. I could just be working saving money, and finishing up school. Then I started to get to the point where I didn't care. You know if there not coming to church I don't know what else to do for them. They have to gain their own testimony, and they only way they can do that is by reading, praying, and attending Church- you know keeping commitments. I know its awful that I was thinking that, but really I have had it. I had done everything in my power that I knew how. I mean these are people that I am constantly studying for, and praying for as well. They are just not keeping any commitments. I have to continually work on having faith, but I have faith. Faith in Jesus Christ, and Faith knowing that with God all things are possible. I am working on having the confidence that it will happen Church did get better because we ended teaching the Young Women's lesson which I loved.  Sunday afternoon we had a correlation meeting, and our branch is hanging on by a thread. The members need some serious strengthening. We have detected a plan, and I am all for changing the way we are working things because as of now what I am doing is not working. After Sara coming to church was just a reason to change and really work on building the members then having them do the member missionary work. Obviously what we are doing know is not working so why not change. Since we are in a Hispanic branch, and they know how to party. We get to go party it up with the members, and do missionary work. Sounds like the best of both worlds. It really is what this branch needs!! The spirit was so strong during this meeting. We talked about how we are anonymous servants of the Lord sent to do his work. A lot of the times we are just pushing a wall not knowing if your ever going to have success. Or even being able to see the results of things you do, but you just somehow keep pushing, and your the one who gets stronger, and stronger.
  Later Sunday night we had an appt. with Marixa. We had received this referral from some elders, and she works with a strong LDS family (Castillo's)  at a restaurant the Pupuseria. Which is so good!! Anyway all of our appts we had set up with her throughout the month had fallen through. To the point we decided one day we would go in and find her at work. We set up the appt for wed. well she called a few days prior to cancel, but she did reschedule for Sunday. Not only that the Castillo family would be present for the lesson. The spirit was so strong, and the Castillo family is amazing. They even participated in the lessons, and were bearing their testimonies. We taught her lesson one, and she has been attending Church with the Castillos for the whole month of October. We taught her the doctrine of Christ, and asked if she would be baptized. She Accepted!! We didnt even do anything. The Castillo family has played a huge part in this, and of course the Lord. She is READY!!! She is getting baptized Sunday October 30th, and it is a Miracle!! She told us she had received her answer, and doesn't want to wait any longer. To end the lesson we sang I'll go where you want me to go with everyone. It was such an amazing experience. The castillos have 4 kids 3 boys and 1 girl. The little girl is 7 and she lead us in the hymn with pencils, and then the rest of us sang. Of course the boys sang at the top of their lungs, and it was so off pitch. Probably one of the little but best moments!!! Marixa has been reading the book of Mormon, and we gave her all the pamphlets yesterday. Today we had a lesson with her, and she has already ready almost all of them. We went over the interview questions, and she has such a strong testimony. She is on fire. The lord truly blessed us, and I am so grateful. It was exactly what I needed!!! Then you have moments like this, and it makes it all worth it.
I love you all so much!!! Thank you for all the emails, and letters. I pray for you always. Have an amazing week!!! Any big plans for Halloween?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment