Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Another week in Federal Way

To the people I love the most,
 
I hope you all had the best week ever, and are enjoying the Christmas Season. I was thinking that you should all watch a its a wonderful life in behalf of me sometime this month just because its my favorite so someone needs to enjoy it for me. It sounds like Ron made it in town safe, and I am sure you all have tons of things planned. Well this week has been pretty dang good. We had our zone meeting this week which always stresses me out, but there are so many amazing things that we want to accomplish before the end of the year. I still have the added stress of having two new companions to the area who still don't know much of what is going on. So when it comes to planning at night I pretty much do it on my own. I am trying to just the best I know how, and not freak out to much because there really is no point. Of course like a normal part of missionary work you have to do sifting of people who really are prepared vs. the ones who aren't. Then we are always working on keeping up are teaching pool. We have been able to see a lot of miracles this week, and I just have to trust that things will work out how they are supposed to. Well first of all we got into see this lady Fanny who I might have mentioned before. Anyway the first time we met her we taught her the message of the Restoration. She said she had a desire to learn, but wasnt really doing anything about it. So we lost contact with her, and decided to spend our time focusing on other people. That was about a 2 months ago something well when stopped by her house this week to find alma and sent something up with her. Well Fanny wanted to set an appt up as well so we did. When we got into her house she basically just apologized for being so busy and distracted when we stopped by a few months ago to teach her. She has been reading in the book of mormon, and she really likes it. She was telling us how its like the bible. Funny how no matter how many times you say that to people you have to let them figure it out on there own. She has been reading, and marking it. I am hoping that we will be able to have more contact with her, and that she will progress. Then there is another girl named Noriko who has been investigating forever. I mean she has been through tons of missionaries had baptismal services set up, and something would always happen. Well a few weeks ago we have been getting contact with her and her husband. Her husband Mitchell is a member, but less active. I think she has a fear of becoming that way after she is baptized which makes sense. Anyway yesterday she came to church!!! I don't even know when the last she was at church, so that was pretty amazing. Then earlier this week we had a lesson with Luis. You know how I said he had plans to move out well I think those plans changed. Which breaks my heart, but I know one day he will be baptized. Then there is Serigo who loves church, but is getting a lot of family opposition. His family in Mexico is hard core catholic so he is afraid of that. Then he has adopted american parents who are against the church as well. He descibed it to us as just being pulled between us the angels and the adversary. He did come to the our Christmas Party on Saturday Night so that was good for him. Another thing that I also know was a huge hold up he family was going to come from mexico for Christmas, but he told us yesterday that they wont be making it. Which I felt really bad, but then again at the same time god works in mysterious ways. Then we also had an amazing lesson with a lady named Guadalupe who I am praying will progress, and be baptized in the next few weeks. She is such sweetheart, and we had such an amazing lesson with her. She also has a little 4 year old daughter who is disabled, and there is a Hermana in the group who also has a son has some mental disabilites. When I was telling Guadaulupe about this in the lesson her face just lite up. I talked to Hermana Maribel at the Christmas Party and she called Guadalupe, and they just had a really good connection. I am praying that everything works out. That is pretty much the main stuff of what is happening here, and really that is just a glimpse. As far as everything else this week Saturday we had the funeral in the Morning for Danielle's sister. Since Danielle called us when have been helping her put that together, and that was the first funeral I have ever been to. It just makes me really appreciate how much knowledge we have in the Gospel. The chapel was full of non-members so it was such a great moment for Danielle to step up, and want to put it together at our church. Its moments like that, that really allow you to realize the things that are the most important, and to just fall in love with everything. It also makes me grateful the plan of salvation so that we really can catch the eternal perspective doesnt mean its easy, but it gives it way more meaning.
Then Saturday night we had our ward Christmas Party with a dinner, program, and even santa came. Hermano Garcia comes up to me and says I know what your asking Santa for. I just said a hug from my family, but thats going to come a little late for Christmas this year. Then he says No... your going to ask for a boyfriend. We had quite a laugh joking about it. You got to love this time of year there is always so many fun things going on, and memories that will last forever. Well Family just know I love you all so much, and I couldnt be more grateful to have each of you in my life. I pray for you everyday!!! Have the Best Holiday Season. Love Always Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment