Friday, December 9, 2011

Hola from Bellevue

Buenos Dias from Washington!!!
It sure sounds like you all had an amazing Thanksgiving!!! I don't have tons of time to read about my emails until I get home so I will finish reading about your exciting weekend. I will begin to fill you in on how another week went in Bellevue!!! I seriously love this place, and I couldnt be more excited to spend the Holidays here. Obviously its no home, but the branch has really taken us under their wing. Every day some one is telling us how grateful they are to have sister missionaries.
Ok first thing on Tuesday night we were gone all day pretty much, and it came to be about 5 we were starving. We didnt have time to run home so we figured we would just stop and grab something. I like going out to eat...sometimes, but Hermana Baek choose Red Robin which I love. Really but I did not want to spend the money on food, but since I am just a go with the flow kind of person we went with it. Anyway we finished our dinner, and our waitress brings over the receipt and said "someone from your Church already paid for you meal." Oh my gosh I wanted to cry. We have no idea who it was and probably never will, but isnt that just the sweetest thing!! Its all the little things that mean so much.
Now on to the Thanksgiving festivities. On Wednesday night we had a service project to go and help out at the salvation army. Our whole zone was there, and we got to debone turkeys and get them prepared for the next day. Which actually was quite fun. I attached a picture. Now for Thursday in the morning we had a mission activity with just 2 of the zones. Which was so much fun!! It was for 3 hours in the morning so from 9-12, and we got to just hangout!! It was so fun, and I felt kind of like a real person. Not that I dont every other day, but you know what I mean. I played airhocky, crud-a game on the pool table, and Foosball!!! Its always so much fun when you are able to get together, and hang with other missionaries. Then after we had to weekly plan-gag me!! I hate planning!! Some weeks its not bad whats the worst is when your so dang tired all day, and you have to plan for a half hour at night. Really I wont miss that!! Anyway for dinner we were invited to eat at the Barrios home, the family Perez, and Calles were there as well. One day I will send pictures so you can try to put name to a face. Anyway we walked it, and the table was decorated all festive. They are amazing guests, and we weren't allowed to help with anything. I was about to get up and take my plate to the sink after dessert, and Hermana Barrios screamed and scared the crap out of me. She was such an incredible host, and treats us so well. One more side note a dinner calendar was passed around yesterday in church for the month of December and her name was written on 5 out of the 10 days!! Oh that woman makes me laugh. You of all people know how much I love pie. Really that's the only thing I cared about all day. Before we walk into the house I say "watch us have flan." Which you know some Mexican dessert not my favorite at all, and different. Anyway we started the meal with potato soup, then we had some of the traditional menu items such as turkey, cranberry-the one I like, rolls, some apple fruit salad, and some spaghetti casserole-made with some type of chili and cheese- kind of different but so good. I did manage to stay away from the mashed potatoes!!! All in all very yummy. So right after dinner guess what they bring out FLAN!! I just smiled, and ate it. Little did I know it was more of a cleanse your pallet type thing becasue later they brought out pie!!! We only had one pie, and guess what kind it was? Homemade CHERRY with a criss cross crust!!! I seriously freaked out it my chair, and wanted to cry!! It was so special, and such a tender mercy. Mom it wasn't as good as yours, but it was a piece of home away from home. It was a good day, and holidays feel a little different on missions but it was a good day.
The next day I was in a super weird mood. Not bad just weird in the since that I wanted to be home because everyone is home for breaks, and I wanted to go black friday shopping, or actually sleep past 6:15, but yep nope. Then we got a call for the Cadana's family who I love. They invited us over for breakfast. It was great!!! Dont worry it ended up being a good day.
We have such an amazing support from the branch, and all the members. I really do LOVE THEM!! They have made us feel so welcome, and they take such good care of us. Last night we had dinner with the Bassett Family and had homemade pizza. Everyone just makes us feel part of their family. Which is a tender mercy especially this time of the year.  I have gotten so close to everyone, and it has only been 2 weeks. They really are more than willing to help us out. We are still trying to build up our teaching pool. We are doing tracting, asking for referrerals, and really trying to work hard. Which I actually quite enjoy tracting for some odd reason. Its not always the most effective, but you gotta have fun while doing it. We are still trying to figure out who is ready, and who is not. I have to have the faith that the lord has others prepared for us to teach. Angelica is a very strong catholic but at this moment she is very confused about both churches. She doesnt think is ok to be baptized twice and she is confused because she has grown up catholic her whole life. Don't worry as missionaries we figure all sorts of ways around this type of thing so hopefully she will come around. Who knows. We are teaching her sister sara who seems very intrested, but she hasnt been able to come to church because of work. She is reading, and she really does want something more in her life. We just keeping pressing forward, and know that the lord will bless us. Some days it can be discouraging because we are working hard, but we have such an amazing branch who is very missionary minded. We have been blessed in so many ways. Yes the bellevue temple is in my Area we do get to go sometime this month!! I am not exactly sure when, but sometime. Also this week they are having a nativity thing by the temple so we get to go and help with that this week, and another night some elders asked if we would go with the single lady investigator. As I drive around we see all the christmas lights on house, and it really is such a fun time of the year. Oh and for our christmas tree since there is billions of pine trees all over washington we pick up looks pine tree branchs off the ground. Kind of pathetic, but hey why not as of now we have about 2 which we have sitting in a bucket a home by christmas it will be full!! We are even going to decorate our little tree.
 
Your chirstmas plans sound amazing!!! I wont lie I may or may not have teared up while reading it!! Only because I want to be with all of you!!! I know its just not the time right now, but it makes me appreciate the holidays with family that much more!! Not that I didnt, its just different in the field. Your going to have so much fun, and I am so exited that you all decided to enjoy the sun!!! Plus I get to talk to you all on Chirstmas and honestly thats really they only thing I want. Dont even worry about me!! It will be a christmas I will never forget, and I will be excited to hear all about it!!! I am sure we will be more than taken care of.
 
Linnea and Dad- as for tights I dont really think they can have crazy designs. I mean maybe something little, but not argyle or anything crazy. Color YES!!! I need all the color I can get.
Well time is running out, and I want to attach more pictures!!! I love you all, and I cant thank you enough for all of your support. I pray for you always!! Enjoy every moment.
 
Love Always, your favorite missionary
Hermana Grimes ( Linds)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey... It was fun reading what you are up to. Really liked the story about the church member picking up the check! Sounds like you are doing great!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Love, Michelle C.

    ReplyDelete