Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hello!

Here we are again!! I can't even believe that we only have about 2 more weeks until Christmas!!! I am so excited to call home I can't even handle it. Mom and Dad your packaged arrived and I am so excited to open it and start counting down!!! I am going to do that as soon as I get home. Also, just a heads up you all know me way to well so I already have a package on the way...opps!! Its nothing crazy big just a little something, but DO NOT open until Christmas!!!
This week went by so fast. My email is arriving a little late because we got to go to the temple this morning. Which I love!! Its so nice to be able to escape and forget about everything for just a few mins. Once again I apologize for last weeks email, but it was so needed. I just had to vent, and I knew you would still love me if I vented to you all. After I sent it I took a deep breath slapped myself ( well not really) and got back to work, and lets not forget I prayed!! Which I do a lot of now a days, but I promise I am all better I just needed my moment.
 
One Friday night we had our mission christmas party. Well it was only half the mission, but all my buddies from my first area were all there so it was such a fun reunion. We had a nice dinner, and we watched the movie 17 miracles. I am in love!! That movie was amazing, and very inspiring. Then saturday morning we had breakfast with the cardanas family. They treat us so well, and already extended an invitation for us on Christmas Eve. So we already have Christmas Eve and Day plans. Saturday night was our first ward Christmas party we have another one next week. It was cute because this older gentleman Hermano Mayorga and his sweet wife bought us some choclates from costco for chirstmas, and gave them to us at the party. We went over to visit them and let us try them, and of course we loved them. (hello its chocolate) Well they remembered and gave us some for our christmas present. I love this BRANCH!!! We get treated so well, and they are like a family away from home.  Anyway we had so many members bring friends, and an investigator Miriam come. I felt like I was running around the party like a chicken with my head cut off because i was going around talking to so many people. It was such a crazy night, but a very needed blessing to have so many nonmembers so up. This week we are working on getting appts with them and turning them in to progressing investigators. There was one guy who came with his wife and daughter to the party. I ended up talking to him for about 1:30 mostly because he is a talker. He is very intelligent, but wants to learn more so he could be a hard one to crack. The lord can crack anyone right. Since we talked for so long I am pretty sure I can figure out how to get in his home. Especially because the conversation was not just about the gospel but school, families, friends, and just anything and everything. He offered to make me dinner since he is a chef ( one of his many jobs) so I am going to take him up on it, and then teach him. I will let you know how it goes. Now as for Miriam she is a single mom with 5 kids. She was being taught by the elders, but they were having a hard time with her. When we came in the area they just said all you can do is love her, and maybe she will be baptized. We have gone over to see her a few times, but both appts were kind of crazy. Its always hard to talk to her because she has so many distractions, and we werent really sure if she was keeping any of her commitments. We invited her to church, but said since she has a baby boy who is a few months old she didnt want to take him out in the cold. During our planning session her name was at the bottom of the pile we just figured we would have to wait until she was ready to actually do something. Hispanics like to party so we called her about the christmas party, and she mentioned she was already on her way. It was so fun to see her come in with all 5 of her kids. She has met people in the ward before so everyone was so loving, and welcoming towards her. Through out the night and talking to her she mentioned how she was thinking about baptism!! Which is huge, but she told us she was going to come to church, and didnt. Keep her in your prayers we need our Christmas Miracle. Now speaking of Church i had to speak in church on sunday along with my companions. It was quite intresting people tell me I did a good job, but they are probably being nice. I still feel like I can't express my self in spanish like i can in english. Dont worry I managed, and the spirit speaks the same language so hopefully they got something out of it. Other than that we are working our little bums off trying to figure out how to get our investigators to become progressing so if you have any grand ideas they would be greatly appreciated!! Like I said keep praying for our christmas miracle!! Well I love you all so much!! Dad just so you know the reason I dont give you my "real" address is because
1. I dont really know it.
2. If you get transferred its a lot harder to get your mail so I would rather be sure!! The mission office gets it sent out right away!! I Live in Bellevue so I get it extra fast. You never know when your being transferred so then if I did that I would have to warn you every 5 weeks to send it to the mission office just in case I leave the area. Thats why.
3. Oh and Dad I am way cooler than jason white...just sayin.
 
I hope you all have an amazing trip!! Enjoy the sunshine, and take in a few rays for me!! Its starting to get pretty cold, but i just dress warm. Luckily not as much rain as I would have been expecting, but I am sure its coming. What do you have planned to do why your there? Your going to have an amazing trip!! Take lots of Pictures, and I can't wait to hear all about it.
 
Can I just tell you how amazing i think you all are!! Seriously I have the best family in the whole word and I am not baised at all. I am so excited to play secret santa this past week we have had a few people express concerns for christmas- no members. I cant wait to be able to put a lot of thought into making some feel so loved all because of you!! So stay tuned!!! I got toree's wedding invite. Love that girl, and she gets married Saturday!! Maybe you could just write her a little message on face book, and tell her I would be there in a heart beat if I could, and that I am going to be thinking of her!! 
 Would you please go to her reception for me on the 27th?!!
 
Enjoy Everything. I am always praying for you.
Love Always, Hermana Grimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment