Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My Amazing Family!!!
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
From Seattle to Florida.
 
Guess what I get to talk to you in 5 DAYS!!!! I am so excited I can't even handle it. As of right now I am not sure what time we will call so maybe I can try and give you and idea. We are allowed to talk for an hour, and its going to be the fastest hour of my life. If for some reason we go a little over I don't think I will care to much...just saying!! I guess they do that so you and your companions all have time to call home, and still be doing missionary work for a good chunk of the day!! I am so glad you made it to Florida its sounds amazing!!! You will have to give me all the details in just a few short days!! I am so glad you got my package its nothing super crazy, but seriously fam you know how I am so why would I not send a package. Speaking of packages I got the package that had all the presents from the best siblings ever. They are nice tucked under my tree!! Mom and Dad I am loving the 12 days of Christmas!! I am so spoiled. My comps are jealous because you guys are creative, and I get to open something everyday!! Not to mention I have the best parents ever so of course it would be above and beyond. Ok I do kind of have to admit that I am a little dumb and caught on day three that each day I would get that same number of things!! I guess its just my dumb Blondie side that kicked in a little bit on that one. I love it!!! Speaking of Christmas I know the vacation was your present, but do you have any other plans for the break?
 
Now on to my AMAZING WEEK!!! First of all we received a referral for a cute lady in our ward Hermana Stander by the way the investigators name is Jacida. For our Christmas party I made a phone call and invited her. You can always get people to show up for food. Well she was the sweetest lady ever, but wasn't able to make it. This past week we called her, and she set up her own appt to talk in the church. We were blown away first of all no one ever does that, and actually keeps their appt at least not Hispanics. Love them, but they are a "go with the flow" type of people. We get to the church and she walks in, and made the connection that I was the one who invited her to the party. She gave me the biggest most sincere hug like we have known each other for years. We visited with her in the chapel, and she just pretty much let it all out so we didn't do much talking mostly her. She has had some rough things with her children and just other things in her past. Anyway we invited her to church, and she told us to remind her to come and she would. Hello we are missionaries we are in the business of reminding people/annoying them to come to church. Well we texted her that morning. We are sitting in relief society which is our middle hour and then after we have sacrament. She walked in, and it was the best feeling ever!! Once again gave each one of us the most sincere hugs ever. She is amazing, and needs to have the gospel in her life. Not only that she loved church, and is coming next week!!! She said she feels so much peace, and comfort. Everyone in the branch was so welcoming, and seriously cutest lady ever. She has such a desire to learn more. Keep praying for her as we continue to teach her.
Now do you remember Miriam? The single mom of 5 who came to our Christmas party last week. During the Christmas party she had told another member that she was thinking about getting baptized. Now if you remember she was one we weren't thinking was progressing at all. Of course once we heard that she became a very important person we were praying for, and one that we needed to go and see. Last Tuesday night at nine we decided as a companion ship that we would fast that she would have the desire to be baptized. Wednesday evening we drove up to her house, and guess what not home!! Which is fine because this was the day we met Jacida. Still it was a little disappointing because we had been fasting to be able to have the spirit with us during the lesson. Thursday we decided that we should call her to set up and appt for friday. So we make the call, and she had plans all day friday so she just asked if we could come over now (thursday night). We drove up there decided we were going to teach the 5 basic principles of a testimony
1. God is our loving heavenly father
2. Jesus Christ is the savior of the World
3. Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith
4. The gospel has been restored
5. Living Prophet
Before the lesson we prayed so we could just have the spirit.
We talked about each step, and had her share her feelings as well. She has the sweetest most sincere testimony. After we told her that is what she needed to know about the church, and invited her to be baptized. She replied that she as been thinking a lot about baptism, and wants to be baptized before the end of the year!! Hermana Stout and I said at the beginning of the transfer how we wanted to have a white christmas. Meaning we wanted to have a baptism Christmas eve and they would be confirmed Christmas day. So told her we had a baptismal date on December 24, and SHE ACCEPTED!!!! On Saturday we had a joint lesson with her and another lady in the ward who has two daughters the same age as some of Miriams daughters. Anyway they all spent the night together saturday night. Sunday Miriams baby boy has been sick so she took him to the hospital, and he has ammonia. The branch has been taking such good care of her daughters they brought them to church, babysitting and letting them stay in their homes, and feeding them. If you would please keep her in your prayers.  Miriam as of right now will be baptized at 1:00pm Christmas Eve. She is so ready, and the lord has been preparing her so much. Its been so amazing to see the changes that have come. I couldnt be more excited!! We are getting our Christmas Miracle!!!
 
Well Family enjoy your week in Florida!!! We have quite a great weeked planned. We have dinner with someone every night!! We have another branch party on Friday. Cardanas Christmas Eve, and Barrios Christmas Day. We really do get so taken care of, and I love this branch!!!! Of course doing missionary work, and preparing for our baptism!!!
 
Enjoy every moment. I can't wait to talk to you!!!
 
I love this gospel, and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. I would love to be with each of you right now, but I realize more each day that I am needed here. Know that I have a testimony of this gospel. This is the Restored Gospel, the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. Through him we are able to live together forever, and enjoy every blessing we have on the earth. What a special gift we have been given. As we celebrate his birth we celebrate the life he lived, and the example he was for each of us.
Enjoy the Christmas Season!!
 
LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment