Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here we are again

To my Amazing Family,
 
Sorry about the delay yesterday was a Holiday so of course libraries were closed. This morning we were helping Hermana Cardenas take down some of her Christmas decorations so that's why its a little later than normal.  Love that family.
So guess what happened in Washington? It SNOWED!!! Yep on Sunday we walked out of church and it was snowing. I love snow, but my level of love decreases a little bit when I cant ski or sit by the fire. Luckily for me when it snows in Washington its like a freak thing and only lasts a few day, but its bitter cold for much longer. I will say one thing since there are so many trees its beautiful because every tree is covered in white!!! Now we just need the sun to come out, and I would have MY PERFECT DAY!!! so funny. I also attached some pictures of some proof of the snow so enjoy. Well like I mentioned snow is kind of a freak thing so people aren't super prepared for it like they are in Utah so we got the chance to help a few people out. First off on Sunday we were on the way to the Barrios for dinner and see this man walking up a hill carrying bags of groceries and you could tell he was struggling. We of course pull over to offer and help. He accepts thinking that we will drive him home, but nope that's not in the mission rules so we ended up hiking up the hill with him back to his house. Super nice guy, and actually gave us his information but he doesn't speak Spanish so just a seed planted. One other funny thing he was carrying a 24 pack of Budweiser so the first thing when he realizes that we are mormon was like "I can carry the beer its super heavy, and oh its not for me its for my room mate." Not that we care... I mean we do it was just super funny that he had to make that crystal clear. Next story we were on the way home from dinner at the barrios are you seeing a common theme. Just kidding. We see this car that has slid of the road up over a curb, and this one nice gentlemen who offered to help. We of course pull over and help as well so you have 3 girls in skirts, and this other guy pushing this car out of the snow. Then cat barrios (daugther) sees us and pulls over to lend a helping hand. After 4 girls, and this one guy we managed to a least get his car back on the road. Poor guy.
 
Now as far as the whole missionary end of things it was a great week. Jaciera didn't make it to church, and I am not quite sure why. I am sure it has something to do with the weather, but seriously I love this lady so next week for sure. On the up side of things we had another investigator Manuel who attended sacrament meeting. Let me give you some background information. He is an eternal investigator. I keep joking that we just need to have a priesthood leader push him in the lake. Seriously though he is from Nicaragua, and is waiting for his wife to come to the US before he gets baptized. Guess how long he has been married 20 years and she hasn't been here yet so he has been saying that for quite some time. Any way he is a great guy, and we had an awesome lesson with him, and you know what one day he will be baptized. One other funny thing so we do daily contact with some of our top 5 investigators the ones that are actually progressing. Well after about a few days of texting him first he finally caught on to the idea, and he is the one who texts us first everyday sometimes multiple times a day. We got him trained. Then another less active that we have been working with lillian showed up for church!! I can't even describe the feeling I get when a less active or investigator walks into the church building. Pure Joy!!!
Now for the most exciting news of all. Ready? Miriam and her 2 daughters are on date for baptism and the day is FEBRUARY 11!!!!! I am freaking out!! I am so excited, and they are so prepared. We had a lesson with them last week, and took over a baptismal calendar so she could have a visual checklist of everything she already knew. Well she accepted a date, and she is the one who picked the 11th so full force here it goes. Expect guess what that is the week after transfers so pray everything works out for me would ya? Not only that her whole family was in attendance at church on sunday!!! We had a lesson with her earlier in the week, and she said I want to go to church I just need help getting there because she is still recovering from surgery. How amazing is that!!! The lord is blessing us so much, and that is going to one of the happiest day on my mission!!! I love every member of that family so much!!! Another cute story I was reading in the book of mormon picture book with Jensine she is 6 well we were reading about Abinadi and king noah. We got to the part about how it was explaining how the people are wicked. She turned to me and says "What does wicked mean." I said well thats when you have people who don't do what there are supposed to or follow god's commandments. We had taught them the commandments last week. So I ask Why do you think its important to follow God? "Well he is the one who made us." Oh my gosh how precious is that. Then she turns to me " you know what my teacher taught me, that if I cant say anything nice I shouldn't say anything at all." I love KIDS!!! Then also another time we were watching a mormon message that had a calendar with with big black X's on some of the days. Then Yazmine turns to me and says "hey I am doing that to." I had made prayer calendars for the two oldest daughters to check off everyday that they say there prayers. I love them so much!!! Now I am starting to realize more about why its so important to become like little children because they really do have the love of chirst so much. Not only that they can make me laugh.
 
Well thank you so much for all your prayers!!! Seriously I couldnt do it without you!! I love you all so much, and I hope things are going well. Enjoy your week, and know that I pray for you always. Until next Monday!!!
 
Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment