Saturday, February 11, 2012

My amazing family!

Buenos Dias!!!
 
My Amazing Family. How are you? I sure hope everything is going well. Can you believe we are almost in February?! I am so excited!! It really is going fast so it makes me feel bad for thinking January was dragging but really it kind of was.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! I was glad to know that my package arrived it time, and I am so excited for you to open it!!! Well since I wrote you a list of things that I love about you last year. I know that doesn't make me exempt for writing one again, but I still love all the things that I already wrote so I will just add one.
#52- I love you because you are so supportive to "your missionary!!!" I love getting your emails every week, and I look forward to hearing from you because you think I am the best missionary ever!! Which some days I don't feel that way, but knowing that I have your support and love makes it that much better. Thank you so much for all the good memories, and everything all these years. I am so grateful to have a dad like you. I love you so much, and I hope you have the best day. I realized that I haven't been present for your birthday in years so I promise next year I will be there!!! Enjoy your day!!
 
Well fam, I feel like not to much has been happening. We had zone conference this past week which is always nice to go and feel motivated. Not to mention we got to play volleyball in the gym for a little while after lunch. Please just picture this in your mind tons of elders, and then a small handful of sister missionaries with tennis shoes, tights, and skirts. So Funny, and fun little change to the normal everyday stuff. Also we were challenged to read the book of Mormon cover to cover by May 7, 2012 which is great because I actually just finished it right before so now I can just start over. Which I love the book of Mormon, and have gained a new love for it by coming on a mission. Not to mention I learn so much every time, and I have so pretty great insights that you will have just have to wait to hear until I get home. If your look for an awesome read in the Book of Mormon check out Ether!! It is so good!! I am not going to lie I probably in years past gotten to ether and rushed through it because I was almost done. Man, that little book is packed with some great things. So hear it goes again. This time I am going all the way through in Spanish. Last time I would just read bits and pieces because by the time I started reading it in Spanish I was already part way through. So here it goes. I am still getting so much out of it!! I seem to be paying a lot closer attention because I need to understand so it goes a little slower, but I will be done by May 7, 2012!! Other than that we had a lesson with Miriam here and her family are doing great. We have already taught miriam so now we are working on teaching her children. Which is fun because we get to come up with creative ways to teach the lessons. We taught them the doctrine of Christ which consists of faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and enduring to the end. Anyway we made foot prints, and labeled each foot with the principle we put them in a line and let them walk the path. It was actually quite fun, and I have got to start writing down all of there responses because they sure a funny. I am so excited for them, and I know its going to be such a big change for their family. I attached a picture of them so you can finally get a name with a face.
Also Guess what? Jacira came to church yesterday!!! Not to mention Stake Conference people aren't very good at that even if they are LDS, but yes she showed up. It was crazy because we haven't had contact with her in about 21/2 weeks. I love her so much!!! Which is great because it allowed me not to lose faith in her because just a few weeks earlier she told us how much she loved coming to church. So it was weird that she just dropped of the face of the earth. I have been mentioning her a lot these past few weeks because we have tried so many times to get a hold of her and nothing. Its so sad to see someone who you know is so ready just not make the small steps or you just lose contact. Sunday morning we finally call her. I am just sitting on the couch  praying, and saying she is going to answer while hermana peak is on the phone. Then all of a sudden I hear her voice!!! Oh man I freaked, and she had told us she was already getting ready to come to church, and she did get our message about it starting earlier!!! We get to the church building, and she is already there comes and embraces us with the biggest hug. She explained that she had been out of town, and she is job hunting and hasn't had tons of money to pay for her phone or gas, but she wanted to save enough gas so she could come to church!!! She is so AMAZING, and I really can't describe how much I love her.  
Also I attached a video of me and the famous David doing his dance moves. I love this kid. His family is such great members of the branch its a single mom with 2 kids, and we have had dinner with them multiple times. They are great, and treat us even better. Anyway last week me and him had way to much fun so enjoy he was teaching me some of his moves!!!
 
Can I mention how much I love tracting!! Serioulsy I am so not being sarcastic because every door you knock it is quite the new adventure. I have so many funny stories!!! One day soon I will tell you all of them because they will be so much better if you get the linds details, and actions so look forward to that!!!
 
Also this week is transfers so P-day will be switched until next TUESDAY!!! Yes, its the time we all love the most because I wont find out if I am leaving until Sunday night. Gotta love all the change. Do me a favor and just pray that I stay here in Bellevue. 1. Because I love it!!! 2. Miriam is getting baptized, and it will be so much easier to attend if I am here. 3. Jacira  4. The Branch
Obviously what ever is supposed to happen will, but i really want to stay here!!!
 
Well I hope you all have a great week!!! Know that I love you all so much, and I MISS YOU!!! I am not homesick or anything so dont worry just miss my family!!! Enjoy every moment, and know that someone in Washington loves you!!!
Love Always
 
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment