Saturday, February 18, 2012

El Dia de Amor-Casi

To the people I love the most,
 
Good Morning from Bellevue. Oh my gosh I love this place, and I can't believe its already P-day man this month is going to FLY!!! Well do any of you have plans for Valentines Day tomorrow? We sure don't other than the fact that I am totally going to wear the cutest red and pink outfit, and maybe someone will invite us over for dinner. Then again everyone else probably has lives with and awesome plans already. You better believe by next year I am going to have a date!!! I am not quite sure who so Stay Tuned.
This week has been so great, and I am so excited to be here for another 6 more weeks. Then I know the transfer will come to an end, and I will want to stay here longer. I am grateful for the time I do get to serve here so I am going to soak it all in. It was cute because in the middle of PEC yesterday Hermano Bassett said  "I don't know if its bad to pray to have our missionaries stay, but prayers were answered. We are so glad that you all are still here." Isn't that just the sweetest thing. People keep telling us there has been a fire in the Branch since we have arrived. Really its just the lord working through each of us, but its so fun to be a part of.
Yesterday in Church was such a great day. First of all Miriam and her family were there. The whole branch has just taken them under their wing. Last week they were invited over for dinner with a group of families. They are getting people set us to go and visit them during the week so they know that they are welcomed. They are amazing. Its cute because I was talking to Yazmin the other day on the phone trying to schedule a time when we could go and visit with her family. She says "well now that we are baptized are you still going to come?" well of course. "you always come on Saturdays so keep coming Saturdays." They are great. No matter how I am feeling the second I walk it to their home its just instant love. On the other note Jacira came to church so Dad you can add a little tally on the flow-chart I sent because this makes time number 5!!! Which is great!! With each investigator you have challenges that you have to overcome together normally its getting them to recognize the importance of coming to church. With her luckily see has already gained a testimony of coming to church, but the only thing is she is super hard to teach during the week. We always try and have lessons after church really quick, but we are going to have to get creative in coming up with ways to get a hold of her. We are going to work on having her baptism before the end of the transfer which can totally happen she is just not aware of it yet. She is great she is the one who doesn't take her medication so she can drive to the church building, she participates in classes, and she is started to make friends. Its nice because she is really good friends with a cute lady in our ward Hermana Stander who actually just got called as Relief Society President. Which I am so excited for because she is going to Rock it. Let's just say it was a very needed change. On the other side of things yesterday we had a few less active families/people show up which is great, and makes me feel so happy. Seriously sacrament meeting as a missionary is STRESSFUL!!! Let me just explain how it typically goes. We spend a small part of the morning calling people, and sending texts to remind them about church. Which they have heard about multiple times during the week. Then not everyone is on time so we are sitting towards the back of the chapel by the doors so we can see everyone that walks in. Then church starts and you look behind your shoulder at the doors every 5 Min's because someone who said they were coming hasn't walked in. So then your saying a personal prayer that they will just come, and your stomach is just in knots because you stress out about it. Then all of a sudden you see them walk in and you get instant JOY!!! Obviously some people don't show up, but then you have the ones that do and it makes it all worth it.
Also during this week we meet a very cute lady named Maricela. We taught her lesson one (the restoration) and the spirit was so strong. She even cried as she was saying the closing prayer because she is so grateful for everything that she has been blessed with. Then yesterday we had another small lesson with her, and we watched a mormon message. She then opened up, and told us that she is sick. Has some type of kidney problems, and thyroid problems. She is waiting for a kidney transplant. She went on to explain that she is not sure why, but she just feels that she can trust us. She talks to her husband, but normally just keeps it between the doctors. Her kid are still kind of young, and she knows that they don't understand all that is going on with her health. Its amazing how much people will open up because they can feel the spirit, and the love that we bring. For a lot of people its something new that they haven't experienced. She is just the sweetest lady ever, and we have a church tour set up with her at the end of the week so keep your fingers crossed that it goes through. 
Saturday night we had our dinner for the Rosca de Reyes. If you remember me telling you about that at the beginning of January how if you find a doll in the bread you have to make a dish for a later dinner date. Well technically the dinner is supposed to be like the 2nd of February, but we moved it to the 4th which they ended up cancelling and moving it to the 11th. Which actually worked out perfect because right after they changed the date Miriam decided she wanted to be baptized!! Anyway well each of us found dolls so I made enchiladas, and of course tons of other people brought food as well. Its was way fun, and I am totally adapting the tradition when I get home. We were served legit Authentic Mexican Tacos!!! None of this ground beef business it was Cow Tongue, and a little different but actually quite good. Of course you pile it up with cilantro, onions, squeeze lime on it, and then all wrapped up in a tortilla. I can add it to the list of fantastic Mexican dishes to make each of you when I return. Be excited!!!
 
On the other side note Isaiah is English is hard enough + Isaiah is Spanish = Not my ideal personal study, and so NOT FUN!!!
 
Also I have heard this great song. Linnea or B your home for the week is to figure out who sings it. I heard it at zumba class one week, which now we can't attend- oh well. I also heard it at someones house. Its way good. I am sure you guys have probably heard it like 50 billion times, but I haven't listened to anything but hymns for the past 7 1/2 months.
Here is the song line that I remember so see what you can do.
" I want love or live ( cant remember) hopeless place." Check it out, and get back with me. Its going to be like a pop song.
That song is totally going on my i-pod when I return. Along with all the other amazing church hymns I hear on a regular basis. ( this may or not be a little sarcastic ) Really I do love hymns. I am not going to lie I will be loving the variety when I return. Also you should listen to a "little bit stronger" for me. 1. Because I totally heard it at a lesson the other day.( kind of distracting) 
2. I totally forgot about that song-wierd how that works. I really love it so you should enjoy it for me. I can't believe you punks are going to lady Antebellum!!! HAVE FUN!!! Remember how I said that last time you two went to I concert I would totally come. Crazy how life works. This is like concert #3 that I have missed with you two. 1. Rascal Flatts 2. Keith Urban 3. Now Lady Antebellum. 4. I AM TOTALLY GOING!!!! BE EXCITED!!! ALL 3 OF US so start thinking of who we should see.
 
Mom have fun in St. George!!! Also you know how I mentioned it was feeling like spring. I LIED!! Well actually I didn't, but it didn't last long we are back to the Rainy State that I Love the MOST!!! seriously though I love the rain!!!
 
Well family I love you all so much!!! Have an awesome week!!! Know that I am praying for you always. Enjoy everything.
Love Always your favorite missionary.
Steven if you go on a mission I will gladly give away that title to you!! Just a thought.
Love Always,
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment