Friday, March 2, 2012

My amazing family!

The people I love the most,
 
How are you? I hope you all had a great week, and enjoyed your 3 day weekend. I am not going to lie p-day's are so lame if I can't email. It happens to be my favorite hour on p-day because I get to talk to all of you!!! Linnea I am so glad you got my package. I so badly wanted to be there when you opened it so I could see you reaction!!! I thought it was pretty creative on my end so I hope you loved it. Not to mention Linnea your hair is so cute!!! I love it so much!!! Also, Steven I put a letter in the mail for you yesterday so its on the way!!! Come on kid I am an awesome letter writer, and always write people back so don't even worry. Now B are you still alive? If so, then you should totally use 44 cents to tell me you are. Love you. Also Mom and Dad thank you for your emails, and the wonderful valentines package. The boots arrived the same day as well so that was another nice treat. Mom they are cute you did a good job. I did have to laugh because I was really surprised when you bought sued boots!!! Do you realize where I am...Seattle aka Rains all the Time. Don't worry I sprayed them, and they actually have held up well. It just made me laugh because i know how much you worry about my "practical shoes." Also, do you want to know what else is cute Bonny Harris sent me a cute valentines package as well how nice. So thanks for all the love!!!
 
Now on to what is happening in Bellevue!!! OK so best news of all this week. Jacira has a baptismal date for March 3!!! I am so excited. I told you it was going to happen soon. I don't know what it is, but I have just a special bond with this lady. I have had it ever since the first day I met her. She is so great, and I am so excited. Let me explain how the whole process went down. Ok so it was Wednesday so February 15. Brian Carter was in town, and offered to take us to dinner. Now please tell me why everything has to always happen on the same day!!! We had a crazy day, but I didn't want to miss on the opportunity to met up with him so we figured out a way to fit it in our schedule. Well wed morning I woke up in a really weird mood. Nothing crazy just inside I couldn't tell if I was annoyed, sad, mad actually probably a combination of all three. So that day we had appts with talkers like the ones that the appt last forever. You love them they just need to talk, talk, and talk. Don't get me wrong some great lessons have come out of these, but this was our whole day. When you have one person that goes over every ones appts are already getting pushed back. Jacira was the last appt before our dinner appt. We get over to Hermana Stander's home who was nice enough to let us have the lesson in her home. Not to mention her and Jacira are really good friends. Now they are both from Brazil so they speak Portuguese as well as Spanish. For the most part the lesson was in Spanish, but then it would switch in to Portuguese so then my brain is going 100 miles an hour to try and keep up with the conversation. By this point in time I really wasn't feeling so well I had a headache, probably because of lack of food and water, and we were running late for the dinner appt. so of course added stress on top which probably didn't help. So it was just a combination of a lot of things. Then Jacira goes on to tell us this story a quite intense story.  Basically just crazy evening. Then finally we are already about 30 Min's late for the dinner appt we have set up with Brian, and Hermana Stander just say "Jacira why don't you just get baptized." Yes our amazing Member!!!! I love her so much. Well of course Jacira accepted the date for the third of March!!! I am so excited. It was a huge mix of emotions by this point because I was so excited, but also I felt like crap. Anyway one of my favorite ladies is getting baptized, and I am so excited for her to be able to have the blessings of the gospel. She needs it so much so keep praying for her!!! After we made it to dinner. Brian was nice enough to be patient to wait for us, and he treated us to a nice pizza place. What a day.
Also this week we received a referral from the church for 2 women. Linda and Leslie I guess there grandma went on the church website, and submitted their information. Which is a huge blessing in itself. We ended up meeting with them both last week and they are now both on date for March 17!!! We do have to work with them as far as teaching, and getting to church. So hopefully that is a date that they can keep. They are both so great, and have such a desire to learn. I have realized that some of the most basic doctrines that we have are they very key to answering doubts. As members growing up in the church we just know that yep we lived with god before we came to earth, and he has a plan for us. For most people they have no idea, and they are just looking for someone to answer questions, and that's how these girls are.
 
Ready for an insight from Linds? Ok this week I was really focusing on the value of listening. Now I would consider myself a really good listener. I know that is a lesson some missionaries have to learn even companions that I have had, but that is really besides the point. We were in a lesson the other day and this guy just was talking to us, and he is a member so he had some really good things to say. After one said "man I had so much to say, and didn't get the chance to say it." I was thinking about the power of listening. As missionaries its our job to talk and preach the gospel. I mean we share our testimonies all the time its what we do. For some people they just need the chance to share their own testimony, and experiences. We can sit and preach all we want, but the most powerful conversion is when they can actually explain their points of view, and understanding. Sometimes people just need someone to talk to, and if that's all we are there for then its good enough. Our job is to help others grow their love and testimonies in the gospel, because obviously we already have that or we wouldn't be doing what we are doing. Anyway my random thought slash vent for the week.
 
Well I love you all so much. I hope things are going well. Oh and guess who hits NUMBER 8 tomorrow!!!! Hermana stout and I are going to take our famous picture so I will post it next week. Her and I have spent 1,2,4,5,6,7, and 8 together!!! I mean for number four we werent companions, but we were on exchanges that day. Crazy.
Well thanks for all your prayers they are working. I miss you all, and pray for you always. Enjoy Everthing.
Love Always
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment