Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life Lessons + Heavenly Father's time frame

Good Morning Family!!!
 
Ok so I have tons to fill you in on so I am going to try and make this as quick as possible. Well as you know it was transfers, and guess who got moved!! ME!!! I am going to try and just fall in love just like I have everyother place, but Bellevue sure was a tough place to leave. I am sure you are all curious to know where I am at now. So I am in SEATTLE!!! Yep the city including the space needle, pikes, and everyother lovely thing. My new companion is Hermana Spiller, and she is from Texas!! She seems like such a sweet heart, and I am super excited to get to know her. I was super sad to say goodbye to my bestie in the mission Hermana Stout, but I know we are going to be buds for life. Not to mention we get pulled apart right before our hump-What the Heck? Thats ok we ended up taking a picture together anyway because its super close. Can you believe it?!! We were talking about it just the other day, and it really has gone by super fast but you better believe that I know I have lived everyday!!! Do you want to know something my sweet trainer Hermana Heywood just got home yesterday!!
I don't know to much about the area or the people so I will have to fill you in on all of that next week!!! Just stay tuned for my new adventure.
 
So on Sunday it was probably one of the biggest meetings we have had. It was so great to see so many people. Also Miriam had her little baby blessed, and then she shared her testimony. It was so simple, but so powerful. Now let me tell you on of the greatest things as a missionary is seeing your recent convert continue to progress in the gospel. Our gospel principles class in held in the bishops office and it was jammed packed with at least 20 people, and that has never happened. At least it was a good way to finish out, and just looking around the room at how many people I love so much!!! Of course how many have made such a big impact on my life!! Its amazing, and Steven its one of the best things you have to look forward to. Speaking of Miriam and her family they weren't home yesterday so I didn't get to say goodbye. Which is sad, but I am hoping to boomerang my way back here in the next 9 months. I was showing Yazmin a picture of Adam and Eve they have all there children around them.
Yazmin said " I didn't know they had children"
Me "Well how do you think we got here"
Yazmin "GOD"
It was so cute!!
 
 Now Sunday evening we went over to see Hermana Escamilla who is an older lady, and she has been really sick for the past few weeks so she hasn't made it to church. We have gone over there to visit with her, and of course help her out. Well we get over there and she just gives us the biggest hug, and says I am so glad you came. Then she just starts crying, and keeps telling us how she wanted a blessing. She was explaining to us how there is so many things she wants to do, but because of her health she just cant. So we call Hermano Cardenas to come over. Hermana stout and peak leave to go let him in the apartment building, and she just starts crying!!! We are in her bedroom so I just go and put my arm around her as she cried into my shoulder. It was so sad, but such a touching moment. Once everyone arrived she asked if he would be willing to administer the sacrament to her, and then offer the blessing. He goes and gets everything ready in the kitchen, and we start with a prayer. Its amazing how strong the spirit was, and such a tender moment to have. I have a precious daughter of our heavenly father just lying on my shoulder with my arm wrapped around her as we see the priesthood in action. Its amazing, and probably one of my favorite things is to see the priesthood in action. Its moments like this where I really understand, and recognize the importance of why I am a missionary.
 
Now we have Jacira who we haven't seen in a few weeks because she has been sick. Well yesterday we were able to have the chance to visit with her for a little bit at the home of Hermana Stander. Actually we went on splits so me and hermana stout were only there for a little bit, but we had so many people who wanted to say goodbye. Anyway she calls us her angles, and remember that this lady is my favorite!! I have said since day one that we have a special connection, and we get inside to tell her i am leaving. She just said " No, mi Chiquita y mi amor" then starts crying, and don't worry we probably hugged for about 5 Min's. It was so sweet. Well guess what she is back on date for baptism for april 1, 2010!!!  The second we walked out I put my head up looked at the sky and just said "I don't get it." This is the lady that I have prayed, and fasted for, and I make sure we call her or text her everyday. The lady I never lost hope or faith in, and now that I am leaving things are going to work out for her baptism!! I am so SAD, and I know I am going to learn something real great from this. When I tell you what it is I will be sure to let you know. The thing is I promised her I was going to be there, and so just keep it in your prayers that I can find a way to make that work. You better believe I can't miss this one!!!
 
Well I said a lot of Goodbyes, but i am so grateful for every amazing person in this area!!! It has been more than I could have ever expected. I sure love you all, and am so grateful for your support. Have the best week!!! Enjoy everything, and you should celebrate on Thursday because we are half way!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
 
Simpre Amor
 
Hermana Grimes!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment