Thursday, April 12, 2012

God loves me and answers my prayers!!

 
Good Morning to the Best People Ever!!
 
WELCOME TO APRIL!!! I hope you all enjoyed General Conference. I loved it as I always do. I was a little preoccupied for the Sunday morning Session which I will explain to you very shortly so i will have to read that next month. First of all I loved how the missionaries sang!!! Not to mention I felt very special every time missionary work or missionaries were mentioned. Wasn't it great that David Evans mentioned something about writing letters to missionaries?!! Which means I should be expecting lots of letters soon!! Just kidding, but seriously I thought it was pretty dang funny. Now for some of my favorites I absolutely loved the one Saturday Morning by Donal L. Hallstorm and how he talked about the being members of the church and the gospel. How there is a difference to call yourselves members of the Gospel. It was great, but really I loved them all. How did you all enjoy it? I am sure you already told me about it in your emails that I will read right after I send this off. Also, Thank you so much for the "Hump Day" Package I loved the sweater and the scarfs!!! Thanks for keeping me stylish. I Loved it.
 
Now are you ready for the biggest blessing ever. First of all Jacira got baptized April 1, 2012!!! I love her, and I am so grateful I have gotten the chance to know her and to be a part of the process with her. Now if you remember I was devistated that I was going to miss this baptism, and I have been praying so hard to be able to be there. Well Thursday I got the text from my hermanas in Bellevue telling me all the information on her baptism. It was going to be held inbetween sessions on Sunday Afternoon. Ok first of all that is just a really hard time. Second in order to go to a baptism outside of the zone you need an investigator. I just remember thinking on Thursday I had to figure out a way to do it, but really I had now idea how it was going to work. Especially because we had our own investigators we needed to make sure got to conference. I talked to the ward mission leader to see if he could help me find someone who would be willing to take me and an investigator up to bellevue. The church building is in Burien being spanish sisters we cover a huge area so its about a 25min drive. Well Saturday night came, and I had the investigator but no ride and we weren't having any luck. Especially because our branch was doing so kind of lunch thing during sessions. I remember saturday night talking to Hermana Stout and trying to figure something out, and it just wasnt working. I had even called a few members who live in Seattle, but attend in Bellevue ya still now luck. Hermana Stout was telling me how Jacira said that if one of us wasnt there it would be as if she was missing one of her body parts. She is so sweet, and calls us her little angles. Right from the get go we have had such a special connection. She is one of the reasons I know I was called to serve in Seattle. Anyway I had been praying so hard just telling Heavenly Father how bad I wanted to go, and how he knows my desires. Well Saturday night I am laying in my bed probably about 11:30 yes still not sleeping because I am stressing out, and then I just start to cry. I just curl up in a ball, and just say I have to be there. The thought of not being there for her was so heartbreaking. Sunday Morning yes yesterday the day of the baptism I got a number for the Atehortua Family who attendeds in Bellevue. Another sweet couple who I adore, and admire. I called them at 8:00ish, and no answer so I left a message. About 15 mins later they called back and said they would be willing to do it. The thing is the thought conference started at 10:00 so they were going to be late. So we head over to the church, and are making sure we get everyone there that we need oh and we stopped by our investigators house they one who is supposed to be coming to the baptism guess who is not home? The investigator, so I call the Atehortua really by this point I had already made up my decision that I was going. Hermana Atehorua just said "honey don't worry we are on our way, and we have two investigators for you." When they came I just expressed my thanks, and told them I would make it up to them somehow. They said "oh no you will not we are doing this because we love you." I love them!!! I am so grateful for them they were such an answer to my prayer. They drove 25 mins out of the way to come and pick me up, and drop me off after the baptism. Words really can't even express the emotions I have had the past few days, and I am so grateful for them!! That way Hermana Spiller could stay with a member in the branch here to see if any of our invtigators came. We ended up arriving at the church at about 10:30, but I was just so grateful to be able to attend the baptism. As soon as Jacira saw me she came up and gave me the biggest kiss on the cheek, and she was so grateful that we could all be there with her. Right after conference we went and got her all ready to start. It was amazing, and once again we got back stage passes so we got to stand back by the font and get the best seat in the house. She was so prepared right before we walked her back for her baptism we were helping her pull her hair back, and she just said "it has to look good I have to look pretty for Jesus when I get baptized." I was asked to give a short talk on the Holy Ghost, and after we had a small lunch. It was amazing!!! Jacira just expressed so much gratitude, and how she felt so clean and she knows that this is where she needs to be.
AHHH One of the best Moments on my mission, and biggest answer to my prayers. I am so grateful for so many people who love and take care of me. Don't Worry I really am watched over. One day you will get to meet all these amazing people, and I will have to give you the longer version of the whole story when I return. So yes Jacira was Baptized as the newest Member of the Church!!!!
 
Well now for Seattle Life. Ok so Friday we met this Lady named Alicia walking outside of her apartment so of course we stopped to talk with her, and we ended up getting a return appt for Saturday. We even invited her to conference, and she said she would attend. Saturday after noon in between sessions we walked over to her house, and then walked to conference with her. After conference we were able to walk her back home, and teach her a lesson. She explained how she was never baptized, but she has been looking. She has had quite a few connections to mormons whether its just friends or going to utah. Anyway we were able to put her on date for the end of this month!! The best part is she told us that she would come to conference on Sunday, and just take the bus. Well guess what she actually held up her end of the deal, and took the bus down the road to come to the stake center. She stayed for both sessions.
Now for another experience so we met his guy Carlos tracting about 10 days ago, and he said "I will come to church with you if you come with me." Well last night he invited us to church with him, and yes we went. Ok first of all probably not the most productive thing to do as a missionary. The fact that I might have permant ear damage because the preacher pretty much just yelled for 3 hours. I was talking to him on the phone asking how long the service would be and he said 3 hours, and i almost freaked out, but then we have services for 3 hours as well so I guess we would be asking him to do the same thing. Oh by the way the name of the church is Centro Familiar Cristiana.
 Well our church is True!! Not that I ever doubted but it sure was more of a testimony builder. The spirit, the reverance, the authority, and bascially just the restored gospel yep were not present last night. Sure was quite the experience that I kind of need to remember. Just because it was pretty dang funny. Oh the things you do as a missionary.  Luckily he seems like a guy to hold up his end of a bargin so stay tuned because he should be coming with us next week.
 
Well Family I love you all so much!!! I hope you enjoy your week, and especially your Easter Sunday. I will be thinking about you tons. Know that I am always praying for you!!! Enjoy Everything.
Con un brazo muy fuerte de Seattle
LOVE ALWAYS, Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment