Thursday, April 12, 2012

Okay family, I am here! Where are you?

Good Morning Family,
 
Ok I am not going to lie today I was so super excited to hear from all of you, and not one of you sent an email. Is everything ok? I look forward to emailing every week because its the one day with out fail I know I will get to hear from you. So Now that I didn't get one letter from any of you your making me a little worried. I am way super sad I didn't hear from you. Just know I love you, and I really do love hearing from you each week. Well thank you so much for the Easter package I loved it!!! I also loved how the box was all decorated. I loved all the drawings B they were great!! Thank you so much for always thinking about me and sending such thoughtful packages.
I hope you all enjoyed your Easter Sunday as well as your crazy weekend with Weddings? How were they both?
Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting the missionaries had to sing. Really I don't sing, but for some reason that has to be some talent I keep having to develop because I have done it quite a few times on my mission. Not that my voice is getting better, or my love for singing. I only like it when i am driving by myself, and doing it to songs on my i-pod. Anyway it turned out really pretty we sang I know my Redeemer lives with the Elders. Of course in Spanish, and then after the branch president made us sing it again. It was really a spiritual moment as I looked out at every one in the congregation who were crying or just thinking about the life of Jesus Christ. What a great time to recognize
 
Well this week has been great, but of course like everything thing in missionary work it has its ups and downs. Sometimes I have these moments when I love being a missionary, and this week I had one of those moments. So on Saturday Afternoon we had an idea of someone we should go and visit so we head over there. Well come to find out they don't live there anymore which occasionally happens. They was a cute little house next door, and Hermana Spiller saw a lady out side smoking. As we drove away she mentioned how we should go talk to a lady. Now really by this point I didn't see her because she was talking to some Hispanics on one side of a car, and i was on the other. We had already gotten in a car and drove off, but since we really shouldn't ignore spiritual promptings so we turned back around. Knocked on the door and this lady answers named Tami who is probably about 45 we just introduce ourselves and tell her that we had a feeling to knock on her door. She started crying, and just told us that she has had a really bad day then she let us in. For the first few mins she just kept asking "Ok Girls Really why did you knock on my door?" We told her about the Gospel, and how much god loves her, and how she can change her life to become better. She opened up, and explained to us that her boyfriend had broken up with her, she has been to prison twice, and she is an alcoholic. Then Hermana Spiller ran out to the car to grab something, and Tami once again asked "Ok out of every door why my door you just felt like it?" I just told her Tami the only thing I know is we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and really I don't know why I do a lot of what we do. We just had a feeling to knock on your door. She just starts crying and gives me the biggest hug. I told her how much I loved her, and we were here to support her every step of the way. She told us how badly she wanted to change her life, and become better. Really she is super funny, and explained how just broke up with her boyfriend then god sends two church girls. She told us how she almost didn't open the door, but she saw two young cute girls. Then we go on to explain about Church and baptism. We extend a baptismal invitation, and she accepted. It was funny because we extend a date for the first part of may, and she said "really do you think I can be saved in two weeks?" Then she just say gosh dang it god OK I will do it. Its like one of those things where you know you need to change, but you don't really want to accept it. After we left her house she called us about 15 Min's later and expressed how much she appreciated us stopping by, and how she already had her alarm set to attend church.  We were going to her house at 10:40, and she said you better be here. Its just a great feeling knowing that you are where god needs you to be in a specific moment. Well Sunday morning came and we get to Tami's house and we see a not that says
"Sorry girls I cant do this. Cant ever live the Mormon lifestyle. Thanks for stopping by when you did That helped me out. Have a good Easter. I wish you both happiness. You're great girls, and Thanks again. God Bless. Tami" 
That was it. We tried calling her a few times, and nothing. Lucky for us as missionaries we don't give up quite that easy. I just don't know what changed. Saturday she had such a desire to change, and there was nothing in the world that would stop it. She was willing to live the law of Chasity, and the word of wisdom then Sunday was just a turn. I really do love her, and one of the biggest lessons I am going to be learning probably my whole mission is that people have there own agency.
I will keep you updated.
Now Alicia attended church, and a baptismal service that we had this week. She is doing great, and going full force.
As for Carlos you know the guy that we attended church with last week. Well he called and asked about church and we told him the hour. First of all he called us which is Huge second of all he explained that he wouldnt be able to come this week, but next week he is coming. He also wants to meet during to the week to have a lesson.
Another really cool thing. So last week we were in a mexican tienda with alicia. There was this one guy who just asked me if I was cold. Which I was blowing into my hands so I just said yes, and then we started talking about church. I gave him the information, and invited him to general conference. Well guess what this guy ended up coming to general conference, and the elders are now teaching him. He is great he as come to the church about twice this week for lessons, he came to a baptism, and he was a church, and he is planning on getting baptized this month.
 
Well thats about the just from seattle. I hope everything is going great. I sure did miss hearing from all of you this week. Thats super weird, and I hope everything is ok. Your kind of making me worried, and I am way Sad about it. Well have a great week, and I am praying for you always. Enjoy Everything. Mom and B I know you have spring break this week. Do you have any plans? Just know I miss you, and am thinking about you.
 
Love Always Hermana Grimes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment