Monday, May 7, 2012

Good Morning Family

Good Morning!!!
 
Words can't even describe how happy I was to see all of your emails. Thank you so much it really does mean more than you will ever know. From the sounds of it you all had a really nice weekend, but I will look forward to reading about it after i send this off. Well this week we actually had some sun..can you believe it? Blues skies do exist in Seattle, and when they do it is so pretty!!! I feel like I am going to being wearing tights until June so much for getting any type of summer tan.
 
I am sure you all have a crazy busy week planned especially because Steven Farewell is on SUNDAY!!! That's so crazy. I really am so proud of you buddy. Its just so weird to think that I am not going to see you for a while after I get home. It makes me a little sad, but I know your doing the right thing. Then you can teach me Spanish because I am sure your going to be way better since you're going foreign you little punk!! That's OK because you really are called where the lord needs you the most. Just know I will be thinking about you tons on Sunday!!! Since I won't be there you're more than welcome to mention something about your amazing big sis in your talk!! Also I think it would be really cool if you got a tape recorder and recorded it for me!! Then of course send it my direction. Really I am just writing to tell you good luck!!! Just know I will be praying for you tons, and I know its going to be great!!!
 
Well update for Seattle. This week we went on exchanges with Belleve so I got to spend the night hanging with Hermana Stout in Seattle. Which really was fun, but it made me miss Bellevue, and my people all over again. I keep telling myself I sure do have some great things to learn, and so reason why I am here so I mine as well take it for what its worth. Good Thing Hermana Spiller and I get along great. She will be ending her mission in July so there is a good chance I could kill her off, but then again transfers never cease to suprise me. Its really fun because she is so down to earth and just chill. Of course we like to have a good time, and laugh so that always makes it fun. Not to mention I found someone who likes to run with me in the mornings!!! We get about and go running usually 3 miles a few days a week. Which is so great, and man I am sure out of shape. I guess we get points for a least going. Oh and we cook together all the time. At least I loved her right from the get go. Well I love Seattle too, but Bellevue still has my heart. Also I found out Jacira is doing really well!!! She goes out and helps the missionaries, and a few weeks ago she was invited to the mission home to share her testimony. Love that lady and she sure is rock solid. Also Emigdio another fav ( basically everyone is my favorite so I can't really choose) from bellevue made it to conference, has stopped drinking coffee, he has been smoke free for about a week, and he is working on getting sundays off!! Its always nice to hear that people you were teaching keep progressing so I am super proud of him.
 Now as for Seattle. Carlos came to church yesterday so he did end up holding his end of the deal which was actually pretty cool. We were supposed to have an appt with him Saturday night, but it fell through...suprise suprise. Gotta Love missionary work. Anyway so we called him Sunday morning at about 8:35ish no answer, and then sent him a text. Well at 8:50 we get a call from him asking for directions, and we have church at nine so he a least made the effort to come last minute. I really don't think he is interested in a change right now he did say he felt more calm, but I don't know if he is ready to change. If not at least it was a good seed planted. Now on to Alex. Alex is this Mexican Guy, but kind of Indian He has long black hair, wears jewelry, and basically is just the greatest. He is one of the people that you get so frustrated with, but you love him at the same time. Very pessimistic, but really great. So He is going through a really hard time right now. Basically he wife cheated on him, and lied about it. Now she moved to California, and took her son but Alex has been raising him for the past 8 years so he is pretty much the dad. Really his whole life kind of just fell apart. He is really sad, and wondering why he has to go through certain things. Not to mention he is mad which he has a reason to be mad. We have been teaching him for a few weeks, and we are trying to help him spark a little bit of faith. Right now he is just not really seeing how he can or why he would even want to talk to god. Its been a really cool experience because we have been reading in the Book of Mormon, teaching him, and showing that god really does care because we keep coming over. The other day we were reading in Alma 30 about Korihor, and he makes a comment about how it sound like him!! Oh Alex. Its been really cool to watch because he really is trying, he really does care, and his heart is starting to soften. For general conference he did end up showing up for the last 45ish Min's of the Sunday afternoon session. Anyway well he came to church yesterday which was nice to have him there, and he will actually make it. Its going to be a little bit of a process, but he is coming along. Now I am going to describe Emma just because I don't want to forget her. One because I love her. She was found just right before I got transfered in so its been nice because Hermana Spiller and I have been able to teach her. She is in her fifties, and just the cutest little thing ever. She is so intrested in learning, and wanting to change. She was on date for baptism, but it has now changed so stay tuned!!! She is almost like our grandma she is just so innocent and cute. She gets so excited when we come over, and is just so sweet. She always call us precious, and tell us how much she loves us everytime we leave. Really I Just love her too. The other day we had a plans to teach the plan of salvation, but she told us she didn't read so we decided that we needed to read with her. She was so cute "No I just really want to know about the plan." In the sweetest voice, but we ended up reading in the book of mormon. You can't be mad a her you just can't, but in our heads we like well if you would have read you would know about the plan...so sorry. Alicia is still doing great she wasn't about to make it to church, but she is still progressing so no worries. We still her baptism planned on the 28th of April so keep praying.
Well thats about the just of what happend this week.
 
Well Family I love you all so much!! I think about you tons, and I miss you tons. Just know I am praying for you always!! Enjoy every moment. Have a great week. Let me know how everything goes on Sunday!!!
I love you all so much. Thanks for all your support.
 
Love Always
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment