Monday, May 7, 2012

My favorite people

Good Morning Family,
 
Well can I just say that you all look so good!!! Good thing I have the best looking family ever because someone is going to have to help a girl out. Which guess who hit double digits yesterday oh ME!! Crazy!! I have so much to learn, and just keep enjoying every second. I really hope everything went well yesterday I sure was thinking about you tons, and a part of me was wishing I could have been there. Then yesterday ended up being a pretty good day. I had my first BBQ of the year we met this cute family who was outside, and just invited us over. I really do love how welcoming the spanish peopel are. It allowed us to teach the first lesson, and get to know them. Also I did receive the email from Colter, but Mom it didn't quite work so I don't know what was trying to be attached. So maybe try again. Well I am sure he did great as really I wouldn't have expected anything less.
 
Well update from Seattle so this week we had zone conference which is always nice to get all pumped up again. Then again at the same time its a little overwhelming. Then again there is so many amazing things that are happening in our mission, and it is such a blessing to be able to be a part of it. On Wednesday we made it our bus day!! Really it was so much fun, and we were able to meet so many people. We met this couple (Rita and Arthuro) I talked to the wife, and hermana spiller was in the back talking to the husband. Well they are a older couple who speak spanish. Well it turns out that he is a member, and has not been to church in over 15 years since he got married to Rita.He expressed how much he wanted to come back, and to get his wife on board. Crazy thing is just a week or so earlier I was on exchanges, and we ended up knocking on his door he expressed the same desires of coming back. Which made it nice because we were able to put all the pieces together, and figure out that it was the same guy. His wife is a pretty strong catholic, but that can be changed. The thing is she has absolutly no idea that her husband is a memeber. So now we just have to figure that one out. Well yesterday was quite the day so we have some investigators (Modesto, Lidia, and Naymma) who live more in Downtown Seattle. Really we go to the city to see them, but for the most parts were are more on the outskirts. So we had an appointment with them on Wed, and they told us they wanted to come to church. They didn't have a way to get there so we told them we would be willing to come and take the bus with them. So Saturday night we are planning it all out, and we have church at nine so in order to be on time for church we had to be in Seattle at the house by about 7:15. The only thing is we needed our car so we then could go to church with Alicia. We had it all set to drive up to the transit center to cut back a little time, but we had to leave our house by six. We had set the alarm for 5:15 we had gotten all showered and ready to walk out the door then at 6:00am we receive a phone call from Modesto saying that he would be willing to drive down to the church. Hermana Spiller and I figured that it would be fine if we went back to sleep just because we had gotten up way before we even need. Maybe a little bit of a justification, but it was well needed. It was actually quite amazing how everything worked out because Modesto, Lidia, and Naymma all end up at church on time. Then we were able to leave a little early to attend church with Alicia. Alicia attends an English ward. She does speak Spanish, but none of her kids do and she wants to start to get them involved. Also the English building is right down the street from her house so it makes it a little easier. Then she also requested to have sister missionaries because of past experiences. She is so great, and it really has been a huge testimony builder to me that the lord really will place people in your path. We met her about a month ago while we were out contacting, and she is so prepared. She is still set for getting baptized this weekend just keep her in your prayers that everything goes well with her interview which I have no doubt she is super ready. We were in gospel principles yesterday and the elders were teaching the class, and made an announcement about her getting baptized. Of course as missionaries it kind of makes your heart beat one because yes we have talked about baptism, but now not only are they asking her they are announcing it to everyone in the class. Well she said yes, and it was so great to see how the ward has just been so willing to just take her in and be fellowship. Then it was cute because after class we were on our way to relief society, and she was telling us how some of her teenage boys were giving her a hard time about going to church for three hours. Then she just told them well I go to church for three hours how much time do you spend in the bar or drinking? Of course that caught her boys of guard, and then she told us how she feels like she should be doing more. When you put it in the perspective of everything that god has done for us, and then what he asks us to do it doesn't compare. Then Saturday I got a phone call from her, and she was just needed someone to talk to because she had a rough morning, and night. She just ended up talking to me for about 12 or so minutes, about how her boys have been doing things shouldn't such as bring drugs into her home. Anyway she had left for the day to go run errands, and told them she wanted everything gone when she came home. Then she said I just want someone to go knock on the door. Of course I volunteered I mean its what we do.  Actually its kind of funny mom leaves, and then sends the missionaries. Of course they had no idea that's how it happened they just figured we had stopped by looking for their mom, and we did play dumb.  Then it allowed us to ask questions, and at least have us stop by.  It really is just such an amazing feeling to realize how much people really confide and trust in you. Then when you realize what people have to overcome or do to even come to church, and then make it to baptism it sure does make it all worth it. That doesn't mean at times it sure isn't tiring or frustrating because I would be a liar if I said it wasn't. Everyday I realize how really I don't really do anything. It is all the Lord, and I am just blessed enough to be able to have the experiences, and the memories. Pretty soon we will get to have Steven's experiences, and I am so excited!!! Don't even worry buddy I am going to be the greatest pen-pal because I know exactly how it is. Well Just so you know transfers are next week so P-day will be switched to Tuesday.  We are having a district activity today so that is going to be fun we are just going to go play outside. Its always nice to just switch it up. Enjoy everything this week. Good Luck with Finals Linnea. I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for everthing you do. Know your always in my prayers. I LOVE YOU!!!
Love Always, Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment