Friday, March 2, 2012

Still going

My fam,
 
I feel kind of bad because this week the email is going to be pretty dang boring. Really nothing new and exciting is happening or changing. It is still raining. Oh B I have a movie quote for you so do some research, and get back with me. You and I both know how well you are at naming movies, and how bad I am at it. OK so here it goes name that movie "There is 100% chance of precipitation."
I still love Bellevue. I still work hard. Investigators still go on date, and fall off. So basically everything is still going as normal the crazy life of a missionary, but yes still normal. 
 
So Jacira has been really sick for the past few weeks. Of course because she is supposed to be baptized. Dang Satan its always little things that pop-up everytime. That's OK because her date will probably be pushed back a few more weeks so hopefully the 10th or the 17th. Really I am going to work my little bum off because I would love to see her baptism before transfers. This lady is going to be Rock Solid. Keep her in your prayers because she struggles with health problems, and financial problems so she could use a little comfort. 
 Remember how at Christmas time I was telling you how is like some vicious cycle getting someone on date for baptism because its so exciting, and then I end up getting my hopes up. So I decided that were going to turn this into a game or better yet a thriller movie. I will of course be the same detailed Linds as always- some things never change. Which means you will get my awesome emails everyweek. I am just going to keep you on the edge of your seats so then you won't be expecting anything.  Then BAM all of a sudden you will receive an email with the great news of someone getting baptized!!! So stay tuned because it will be coming soon to Bellevue. As far as with Linda and Leslie. Leslie is pretty sure she was already baptized into our church as a baby. Well yep NOPE not our church so we have to do some explaining on that one.  Linda is really cute, and she could still be baptized soon. The only problem is she works every other Sunday, and the "investigator" should come to church three times before they are baptized. Well with her, her grandma is leaving March 20th and wants to be baptized before she leaves, but because of work she might not make it to church three times. We are going to have to figure that on out. Until then just stay on the edge of your seats. As far a yesterday for church goes a lot of people didn't make it because they were sick. On the good side of it we are starting to have all of these random people just start popping up such a less actives who haven't been to church or people bringing friends. Which is great because its a way to have the branch grow, and opens up opportunities for missionary work.
Now I have to tell you about an amazing lady that we met named Estella, and her family. Now I am not really sure how interested they are, and so we are going to have to get creative in that sense. Anyway the first time we knocked on her door she was telling us how after her dad joined the church he went crazy so really she doesn't have a good image of the church. Well I asked if we could just share a short Mormon message, and of course she let us in. Then they couldn't find their DVD remote so we ended up acting out the story of David and Goliath. Well basically that turned into them inviting us back over because we came back the very next day. Then this week we went over to their house twice for lessons, and dinner, and then Friday they treated us to Red Mango. Anyway I love them so much they are so great, but its going to be a little bit of a slower process. Like I mentioned we have to get them to get a new image, and view on the church because they haven't had the best experiences in the past. Of course figure out a creative way to teach them, and help the recognize the importance of the gospel.
The Cardenas had us over for breakfast Saturday, and I was able to experience Eggs Benedict for the first time. It was pretty dang good. Love them, and everyother person in the branch!!! They are all so good to us.
Also this week was Birthday week so we went to our share of Birthday parties. First Yazmin turned 9 so we were invited to celebrate with Miriam, and her family. Next their was a party for the Perez family, and pretty much the whole branch was in attendance, and then Saturday a part-member family had a party. Now this is one reason I was called to speak Spanish they like to party. Well like I mentioned things are still going, and I am still doing great.
 
Also, Dad monday holidays we still have P-day Monday, but the libraries are closed so we get time to email Tuesday. The times when P-days are switched is when we have transfers or we get to attend the temple.
I hope things are going well with you. Just know that I love you all, and I love hearing from you each week. Its my recharge, and of course I like all the updates from your lives. Enjoy everything, and have the greatest week, and know that your favorite missionary loves you.
LOVE ALWAYS
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment