Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To my Favorite People

TO MY FAVORITE PEOPLE!!!!
 
Good Morning from Bellevue!!!! I get so excited to check my email its a tad pathetic, but guess what thats when I get to hear from the people I love the most. I have so many things to tell you so I better get typing.
 
First of all I cried like a baby Wednesday night, and my heart was pounding. I LOVE SURPRISES!!!!! That was the best surprise ever!!!! I can't believe it Steven I am so proud of you, and Santiago Chile is going to get the best missionary in the entire WORLD in just a few short months!!!! I LOVE YOU!! Not to mention it was the best hearing your voices, but sad thing is I think i was so in shock that I can't remember if I said I love you. Really I love you so much, and I don't care whatever rules you had to break because that was the best moment ever!!! Thank you so much, and I am so excited to get the pictures!!! Get ready for the biggest roller coaster of your life buddy!!! You better believe I am going to be here supporting you every step of this crazy process. AHHH!!! Oh man I am so EXCITED!!!!
 
Now I hope you are all having the greatest week!!!
OK so First of all I attached a picture of Estela and her Gang. I love them so much, and I love how creative we have been getting in teaching them the lessons. So Estela's father joined the church, and after went crazy so she really doesn't have any interest. Well actually I think deep down inside she really does she is just nervous. One because she always lets us come back, and she is always actively participating in the lessons. Whats good is she is letting her kids make their own decisions so she is more than willing to let her children come to Church. One of her daughters Brenda who is eleven gets so excited every time we come over I am pretty sure she is one of the reason we get to keep coming back. We had given her a picture copy of the book of Mormon so she could read all of the stories. Of course being missionaries we always follow up so we asked "are you reading the book we gave you?" She said yes, and so we asked what she had been reading. She then explained to us how she read the story about how some boy found these golden dishes in the ground. Isn't that the cutest thing in the entire world? Golden plates- Golden dishes close enough. It was the sweetest thing, and helped me realized why we are supposed to come like little children. They are so open to new ideas, and I love how their little brains work. Anyway well guess what family came to church? The children of Estela so yesterday we had her 2 older teenage boys Pedro, Humberto, and her daughters Brenda, and Marisol. We are making progress!!! Its going to be a little bit of a process with them, but I am so excited that they came to Church!!! 
 
 Saturday night we had a church tour with Max who is now on date for baptism the end of the Month!!! So stay tuned for more details to come. We also invited him, and Emigdio to attend a baptismal service that night and they were both in attendance. Speaking of Emigdio he still has to work so he hasn't been able to make it to church, but he is still one of my favorites. He is such a tease. On Wednesday we had a lesson with him now this guy has tons of questions, and really needs to stop thinking so much. Anyway so he had is bible sitting on his lap, and I asked if I could see it. So he puts it right in front of my eyes, and quickly pulls it away. Then I ask OK can I touch you bible (not catching on to his teasing acts at this point in time) he lets me touch it, and then once again quickly pulls it away. By this time I know what his mind is thinking so I ask May I use you bible and he flat out says No!! What a punk, and then just starts busting up. Then I called him a tease, and I said it in English. Then at the baptism he comes up to me, and says will you right that word down that you said. So Funny!!! Man, good thing I love him oh and he is probably like in his upper 50's or so it makes it that much better.
 
Now on to Eddie. We were in Issaquach at some apartment complexes trying to find a certain referral, but of course we didn't have the apartment number so we just decided that we would tract. We start knocking doors because we can pretty much tell which was actually might speak Spanish. We are getting ready to leave, and a I see an apartment that I want to knock on. I am positive that they speak Spanish one because they have a dish-500, two low ride truck, and three there is a taco bell dog sitting in back window. I know what they are called, but I can't spell it so you get the idea. So I walk up the stairs by myself while my comps wait at the bottom. This white guy answers the door speaking English so I do my little spill about how we are missionaries, and gave him a mormon.org card so he could check out the website. Then I asked well I actually teach in spanish so do any of your neighbors speak spanish? He goes on to point out all these different doors around him, but still hasn't said anything about him. I just had the impression Ask where he is from. So I ask, and he says Mexico entonces habla espanol? He of course replies in spanish, and then we ended up having about a 30 min lesson on the door step about the restoration. It was pretty sweet, and It was just me who taught the lesson. I don't know if anything will come of it, but a least it was a good seed.
 
Miriam is still doing really well she was actually going to have a baby blessing for Taylor on Sunday, but she wasn't feeling well so that is being held off until next week. Poor thing, but it was really actually kind of fun because Saturday we had a crazy day so we ended up going on splits, and since Miriam is a member I got to hang out with her. Well hang out is not the best word because I helped her organize her thoughts because after the blessing she is going to share her conversion story, and her how she felt after she was baptized. It was the greatest thing ever. I love that lady even though she does have her share of trials she is the sweetest person ever. As I was writing some her thoughts down she mentioned to me how she knows that she still is going to have problems, but how now she just feels so much comfort because she knows that god is there to help her.
 
Also I got Kristen Beckers Invite!!! Its darling!!! They are way cute together. Also I got Whit's so they are both on my refrigerator. All my friends are getting married what the heck its like its some new and everlasting covenant or something. Its exciting
Anyway just so you know TRANSFERS are next week so p-day is tuesday, and you all know that you should pray I stay here!!!
 
Well family I hope you have the best week ever!!! I love you all so much, and just enjoy everything. Know that your in my prayers.
 
 Love your favorite missionary HASTA MAY 9, 2012 then that title will gladly be passed to the best brother in the WORLD!!!!!
 
Siempre Amor,
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment