Saturday, February 11, 2012

I love my life!

My Amazing Family,
 
First off all Dad we hit number 8 just a few days ago!!!! We are getting there.
This has been one of the best weeks of my WHOLE mission!!! Seriously I am so blessed to be able to be a missionary right now, and its going fast. I am trying to soak it all in.
Well I know you are all anxious to hear about transfers so are you ready..... I AM STAYING!!!! Guess what none of us are leaving so the three of us get to kick it for another 6 weeks in Bellevue!!! I am so excited!!! I mean one day soon it will be nice to go back to just teaching with one other person but I can't complain. Who would have ever thought that I would have served so much with my bestie Hermana Stout!!! It was actually quite funny because right after we got the call we were getting ready to get into bed and at the same time we both just look at each other and say "Well can you put up with me for another 6 weeks!!" So funny and we got quite the laugh out of it. Are you kidding we have been talking how we could serve our whole missions together and be just fine. Of course I love Hermana Peak, and we are super excited to see what the next 6 weeks has in store. Not to mention in Washington it has felt like spring and its February!!! I mean thats normal for places like St. George, but not here!!! I love it!! It makes it so much better to be outside tracting, and contacting people. Which for some odd reason I love.
 
Now as for last week on Tuesday we had a lesson with Miriam and her family. We watched the finding faith in Christ DVD. It was just the best feeling having all of us piled on the couch and the floor to watch such a spiritual movie with the greatest family. After we were all just talking having some short little lessons. Of course there is always so much going on because we are teaching her kids, as well as teaching her. Then all of a sudden Miriam asked us if she could change her baptismal date. Yeah I know right? Now this is the moment where my heart drops and I have a small freak out inside. Of course when someone asks to move their date you know its going to be later. Well guess what the Lord is Amazing. She Asked if there was anyway possible that she could be her date to earlier!!!! Are you kidding me OF COURSE!!!! I was shocked!!! Seriously the best feeling ever. She decided that she wanted to move the date 1 week sooner so February 4, 2012!!!! She was so cute about it because she was saying that she was thinking about moving the date, but didn't know if she could. All she told us was she didn't want to wait. Can you say Miracle!!! We freaked out in the car the whole way home. Not only that it was right before transfer calls came. When we first set the date for the 11th she told us she didn't want to do it any sooner, and trust me we tried. Oh and guess what the cutest thing each of my companions were both wearing boots, and her daughters were asking why I wasn't wearing boots. Then all of a sudden Miriam goes and gives me a brown pair of her boots that she doesn't wear!!! They are real cute so check them out in the pictures so not missionary appropriate, but I promised her daughters I would wear them to her baptism. I will probably be sending them home in the next few weeks just so I don't have to pack them around so you can keep them safe. When I mean safe I mean down in the basement with all my other things not in your closets. Love you, but these boots are super special to me!!!   Well Wednesday she had her baptismal interview. The rest of the week we made tons of call to the branch to get everything set up for the baptism such as clothing, the building, program, and all just odds and ends. We had a Spanish conference of Saturday Morning so the baptism was set for Saturday night at 5. So needless to say saturday was quite the busy day. We promised her girls that they would have warm water little did we know warm water does not exisit in the Bellevue Stake center so we were there a few hours earlier boiling water. Miriam and her family arrived, and we were taking the back to get there white clothes and miriam just starts crying!! It was the sweetest thing ever. It was such a beautiful program. Of course a few things in the program didn't quite go as planned because our ward mission leader has never conducted before...ya love you, but that would have been really nice to know before hand. Just because I am a people pleaser, and a lady in our ward had planned a small demonstration and didnt have the chance to do it. So I felt bad, but Really that doesnt matter. The most important part was that they were BAPTIZED!!! Well it was time for the baptism, and all the little kids go sit right in front of the font like normal. My comps and I take Miriam, Abby, and Yazmin back to the font. So that means we got a behind the scenes view!!! It was the best because we got to stand right on the stairs. BEST SEAT IN THE ROOM!!! They were all baptized by President Martinez the branch president. Of course the water was not warm. Abby, and Yazmin were like "you promised" then yazmin whispers "I am going to pee" now this girl is so funny she just has a sassy side so when she says things it makes it ten times better. Miriam was telling them that they would be just fine. Of course they were. After the baptism I was talking to Yazmin, and of course we told them we boiled water for them, but obviously it didnt stay warm. It was cute because she say "yeah it was cold, but I felt warm." Isnt that the cutest thing ever!!! Then of course I go on to explain it was because she just did the right thing. After we had so refreshments, and got to visit for a little while. They were just glowing!! Best Day EVER!!! Then the Cardenas family took us out for dinner after the baptism so that was super nice of them. Then on Sunday they were confirmed. It was so great to see the love, and support from the branch. Not only that it was testimony meeting so people get up and bear their testimony on the importance of baptism, and it was the greatest meeting ever. Then we have time in gospel principles for testimonies, and the teacher asked Miriam to share some thoughts. The spirit was so strong as she explained how she met the missionaries, and different experiences that she has had, and then her simple but powerful testimony of the gospel. She also explained the reason why she wanted to move the date earlier which at this point we didnt know she just told us she didnt want to wait. Anyway she had a dream that she was surrouned in dirty water, and couldnt get out then two of her friends both ladies in the branch that she knows came in and pulled her out. It was a great weekend!!!! She was just glowing, and told us that she felt so clean!!! I LOVE THEM!!! We now have THREE more members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love my life, and it was the best feeling to be able to experience a piece of that joy. It makes every door you know, or rude person, or non-progressing investigator so worth it when you have moments like this. 
 
Well I am so blessed to be able to serve in this branch I love them all so much!!! On sunday night we had a dinner with the Bassett family. I love that the branch gets just as nervous for transfer calls as we do, and then just as excited we they found out that we were all staying. Last night we were invited over for dinner and family home evening with the Cardenas.  It was the cutest thing this morning we get a call from Hermano Cardenas because Martha wants to talk to me. Martha is their daugher who is 8 years old who I love!!! Her and I just have the greatest time. Well she gets on the phone "Sister Grimes will you be my new BFF?" How cute is that?!! Of course I say YES!!!
I have made so many strong lasting relationships that I am eternally grateful for, and so many people who have made such an impact on my life. Some days I have time where I am like what the heck am I doing out here, but when I look back on even just the people it makes it all worth it. Of course I am learning great life lessons along the way, and life on a mission is still a roller coaster, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
 
I love you all so much!!! I hope you have the best week ever!!! I am so grateful for all of your support, and love. Know that I am praying for you always. Look all your prayers in behalf of Miriam and her family were part of bringing about one of the best moments of my whole mission!!! Have a great week.  Les Amo!!!
Also WELCOME HOME ASHLEY GIBSON!!! I sure love you.
Linnea and B thanks for the awesome hair color I totally used it so check it out in the pictures at the baptism.
 
LOVE ALWAYS
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment