Sunday, January 8, 2012

Were gonna party like it's 2012

Hello to my Amazing Family,
 
Well can you believe Christmas has come and gone?! Holy crap I was looking forward to talking to all of you, and now its over. Well until Mother's Day!! It was so good to talk to all of you, and you all sound so great. I loved getting the scoop on what has been happening the past 6 months. Its weird because I feel think it was like we had never stopped talking its weird to think that it has been that long. Of course it was sure a quick hour and 20 mins, but I loved every second!!!  
 
Its sounds like you all had an amazing time in Florida, and I love the Disney PJ's. Mom thanks for attaching the pictures of the Seattle things I sent. I love it!! I am going to give a recap of how our christmas went just because I sometimes dont always have time to write in my journal and these emails I know I can look back on. I just have to thank everyone for the christmas cards, and everything. Thanks for making my Christmas in the mission field unforgettable. On Friday night we had our branch party with way to much mexican food...como siempre, and of course dancing. One thing I love about Hispanics is they sure know how to party. Well Christmas eve we started the day with our normal studies, and for comp study we made sugar cookies to give to all the members in the Branch. Through out the day we made deliveries, and got to check up on a few potentials. We would just share a short spiritual thought, and sing a Christmas song. We also made our delivery to Delia the lady I did the secret santa for. Thank you so much again for that it was all because of you that we were able to do that. Know that she was so grateful it was the cutest thing. We were able to have a lesson with her, and she wants us to continue teaching her.
We made our way to the bassett home, and they gave us so many goodies "stocking stuffers". Love them. Then we headed over to the Cardanas families home for dinner. We played uno, and just visited while dinner was finishing up. Then of course we ate, and it was so yummy. We had fish, rice, rolls, and veggies. Then before we left their home they gave us a Christmas gift as well. We really do get so taken care of. After that we headed home, and I got to open my PJ's!! I love that tradition, and I love my Jammie's. Then of course the next day was Christmas. We woke up and decided we would open 2 presents before church because of lack of time and just so we could get the Christmas morning look. You know the one where you roll out of bed no make up, and your hair is crazy... yep that one. I opened the slippers, and calender. Which I LOVE!!! I cried when I opened that one. Everyone looks so good, and it was fun to see pictures for this past year that I haven't seen yet. Then we had blueberry muffins, and hard boiled eggs for breakfast not Swedish pancakes, but hey you do what you can. Of course church was amazing because they had musical numbers, and focused on the story in Luke. After church we headed home and while hermana beak was on the phone me and hermana stout opened our presents!!! I have tons of pictures...of course so they will be sent to you very soon. I Love you all, and I can't thank you enough. I got a Stocking full of snacks and goodies from Whitney Hansen. I love you Whit!! Ashley Gibson sent me a missionary planner that was all decorated for my next transfer, and I love it Ash!! Then of course the amazing gifts from all of you. Such as a GPS-so I no longer get lost, book-Steven I love the note, and of course Linnea and B all the fun things that make me feel normal!!! I love the makeup, hair color, and clothes. Linnea I love that you got me that sign-keep it safe I am super excited for that when I get home. After presents was when I got to talk to all of you!!! Later on that evening we had dinner with the Barrios, and it was just simple. We had ham, cranberry, and some spaghetti thing. It was very good, and just a very relaxed day. After dinner we just went to check up on some potentials, and of course continue being missionaries. All in all great day!!! Thank you so much for everything. I sure do love you all.
Now on to the mission side of things. You all know about Miriam becasue we talked about that sunday. Super disappointing that she hasnt been baptized yet, but she is now letting us teach her children. So hopefully soon ( within the next few weeks) we can all have them baptized together. Keep praying for them. I love them so much!! Whats good is she has expressed the desire to be baptized, and knows thats what she needs to do so we just cant dumb little things get in her way. We are starting to build up our pool of solid investigators so thats good, and we have met some great people who are really intrested in learning more about the gospel.
Well we just got back from transfers and we said goodbye to Hermana Beak. Really it was quite sad. Her and I have very different ways of doing things, and I can't say we would have been friends if it wasn't for the mission. I have grown to love her more than I thought. I learned so much from her, and I already miss having her around. We sure do have some fun memories such as acting out electrical danger signs (picture attached). We always crack Asian jokes just because we can. So many other many funny inside jokes, and stories. What has helped us become so close is we have had to work hard, and learn all together. She is an awesome missionary, and I just love her. I am still with Hermana Stout like I said who knew we would be a huge part of each others missions? We also welcomed in Hermana Peak so we are still rocking the 3 some. Which by now I have a grasp on how to get it done with 3 so its all good. We got shower times down, who sits where in the car, and how to bounce off of each other in lessons. Gotta Love it. I don't really know to much about her except she is from Arizona, and she seems pretty chill go with the flow type of person. I just get the chance to have a new friend so here it goes.
Of and really quick. So do you remember Manuel from kent. The guy who gave me the NY yankees baseball cap for my birthday, and the one I went off chocolate for to help him with the word of wisdom? If not read my emails. Anyway exciting news!! I found out today at transfers that he got the Priesthood, and he is doing so well!!! 
 
My time is coming to and end!! I hope you all have a great New Year's. Do you have Any Plans? You better listen to that song "Were going to party like, like its 2012" multiple times for me. I am so excited you to headed to toree reception!!! Please give her the biggest hug for me, and tell her Iove her. Take pictures. Have a great week. I love you all. B I love you so much good luck this week, and guess what now you can have 2 missionaries!! Of course we know which one is number 1!!! Enjoy everything, and I love you tons!!!
Love your favorite missionary.
 
Love Always
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment