Sunday, January 22, 2012

The peeps I love the most

Good Morning to my Amazing Family,
 
I have so many funny things that I have to fill you in on this week!!! Let me just say it has been one of those weeks where we have had quite a few appointments fall through, and people not being home. Seriously I hate that it just feels like I am wasting so much time, and then if your not meeting with anyone your not making progress. Good thing I have had quite a few laughs along the way because sometimes thats the only thing that gets you through. You just have to have fun. Before I get started Dad we hit fast sunday number 7!!! We are making progress!!! Of course I was thinking about you.
 
Ok so story number one. Last monday night we are sleeping so peaceful when all of a sudden our fire alarm goes off. Now do you remember that this has happened to me once before in the MTC. Whats with this? Ok so we stubble out of bed because its one of those noises that you really can't ignore. Hermana stout grabs a towel to try and fan it out I guess you could say, because you know there was no fire. Then we are thinking it has to be a battery problem. So we open the door to the hallway and realize that its going off in the whole apartment complex. We make our way outside, and we have a set of elders and the vehicle coordinators that live in the same place. Of course we are all make sure each one of us made it out of the apartment. Heck its 12:30 I mean we have been sleeping for a good solid 2 hours at this point. Of course every other person outside is still dressed normal, oh but not us we looked real special. We are outside for 40 mins before they let us go back in. Then we make our way back inside get struggled back into bed, and guess what the alarm again!!! So once again we make our way outside. Luckily this time it was only about 10 Min's, and we were told everything was fine and we were safe to go back inside. We still have no idea what the problem was, but the alarm went off 3 more times that night. For the last few times we just stayed in our beds considering it was only for a minute each time, but still that's cutting in to my sleep time. I have mentioned how important that is, and to just not mess.
 
Number two. On Friday January 6th their is a tradition in Mexico called the Rosca de Reyas it is to celebrate the wise men bringing gifts to the baby Jesus. We have this family we have been trying to teach, and one day they will become progressing. Anyway they invited us over that night to break bread with them. Just for my future memory sake their names are Ricardo and Lucia. Anyway you just eat bread in the bread are little plastic dolls, and if you get a doll in your piece you have to make a dish for dinner on February 2. Of course since this is the first time I have ever done this right before I cut my piece I totally said "I sure hope I get a doll."  Then as I was eating my bread what do you know a small plastic doll was in my piece!! Yep, first one found for the night!! Its actually quite funny because the Mexicans don't want the dolls, but us American girls will do anything. Then my companions wanted the same experience so they went searching for the dolls, and got some as well. Technically we all ended up with little dolls, but I happened to be the one who didnt have to do any looking for it. It was such a fun tradition, and you are all totally doing it with me next year. The best part is we get to have another party in February, and what another great chance to be in contact with this family. ( pictures attached)
 
Next. I hope your not sick of these yet. So yesterday was fast sunday so we were on our way to an appt, and this lady always feeds us so we figured just to save the trouble we would start our fast in the car after. We say our personal prayers to begin our fast saturday evening. Hermana Stout right after she said her prayer expressed how thristy she was. Oh crap because guess what your going to be thirsty for the next 24 hours!!! The whole night she kept mentioning it, and so i realized how thirsty she is. Now you know the only time you get water on fast sunday is during the sacrament. Of course  I am sitting next to her knowing excatly how thirsty she has been for you know the past 20 hours. Hermano Avena passes us the water and of course he has to wait until everyone takes it before he moves on so he is looking straight at us. Hermana Stout drinks the water, holds in her mouth for a min, and then all of a sudden you hear this huge gulp. The look on Hermano Avena's face was priceless, and then he points at his throat and says "is everything ok with your throat?" Oh my gosh so funny. Right then and there we lost it!! Like full on dying of laughter to the point I had to put my head down so I could try to remain a little bit of quite dignity. Then the cute lady Hortenica that we were sitting my was smiling, and lovingly says "tranquilla" ( which is like a calm down, peace kind of word) Then of course she is laughing, and I am laughing the two of us laughing together oh man!! You know once you start you can't stop one of those type of experiences.
 
Then later that night we are just chatting right before bed. Hermana Peak was in the bathroom brushing her teeth-important note for later. Anyway hermana stout is telling me about this book she was reading about in pikes. About why people fart. I know random, but she was explaining to me how if its in the small intestine it causes you to burp. If you have the pressure in the large intestine it causes you to fart. Right at the moment hermana peak makes this noise as she is brushing her teeth that sounded just like a fart. So once again Hermana Stout and I loose it. Like rolling on the floor with laughter for about 10 mins. High pitched noises, and barly breathing for yep a whole solid ten mins. Man, I love that girls we have way to much fun. Yesterday was quite the ab workout.
 
Now speaking of sacrament Jacira came!!! Love her so much, and last night we had a dinner with the stander family they invited her over as well. She is such a strong lady, and she is going to be rock soild when she gets baptized!! She has expressed the desire we just have to purpose a date, and pray that she will accept. The thing is most of the time people really do want to be baptized its just having them show a little faith, and trust in the lord to realize that they can be ready. She is amazing and so many times she expresses her love. She has already gained a testimony of the importance of regular church attendance which is huge!! Yes, people like this actually do exisit. I may or may not have been questioning that for quite some time.
 
Miriam we had tried calling her multiple time this week, and she never answered. She is a single stay at home mom so its unusal for her not to answer. We decided to do a little bit of investigative work, and we found out she was in the hospital. This poor lady never gets a break. This time it was for herself she had her gallbladder removed on tuesday and then was released on thurday. Then we found out she was having tons of pain still so she was back in friday morning and stayed another night. We did go visit her, and were able to help her out a little bit. Right now she is just on the recovery road. Mom I love that you put her name on the temple because she needed it last week. We still she her a few times a week, and I love that family more than ever. Keep praying. We keep telling ourselves that she is going to be a rock solid member because satan is working hard, and its a fight. She is amazing, and so strong. Right now if I just need to be her to help her thats ok. I know soon she will be baptized, and you better believe I will be there for it.
 
Last night we went and had to say good bye to Papa Cardenas. He is the grandpa of the Cadenas family. He came in from Mexico to visit, and got her right at the same time we did. I have a great relationship with him, and he is the sweetest old man ever. Probably the only one that can get away with hugging us. Of course we have become super close with him, one because he loves us, and two because the cardenas take really good care of us. So we have spent quite a bit of time with them over the past 2 months. I did attach a picture.  He did say I could come stay at his house in Mexico so I might have to take him up on that one day. He is great and treated us like his other grand-daughters. I am going to miss him!!
 
Well family I hope everything is going well. I got the package of the pictures, and the shirt!! I love it!! Of course you all look so great, and I love each picture with the cars things. Looks like it was quite the fun trip. Keep working hard, and know that I am thinking about you, and praying for you everyday. Enjoy everything. Lots of love from Bellevue!!!
 
Love Always
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment