Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A rough week

Good Morning to my Amazing Family,
Ok gang I am going to apologize right now because I am NOT OK!!! I am so fustrated, and right now I just have to vent. So I am saying sorry in advance becasue it probably won't be the best email you have ever recieved from me. What probably doesnt help is I am on my period which is a good excuse for everything so I am going to take it for whats it worth. Also the fact that I am so sick of feeling like a frumy sister missionary, and wearing skirts. I see all the pictures I get from the family, and everyone looks so good. I mean come on my Brother brought a pair of nice jeans. Who would have ever thought!!!  I want to wear cute clothing. First off all my fustrations started on Friday night during our planning session. I dont know what it was that exactly triggered it, but I was so MAD!!! It was probably nothing that big of a deal, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. It was something that we were supposed to have breakfast with a family in the branch a family that I happen to love.  I have said over and over again its the small things. Well she feels like guilty or doesnt really feel like its that big of a deal. The elders gave us a referral for someone who spoke spanish, and they happened to set up the appt for saturday during breakfast time. Of course the referral is way more important...ya I know. But still. Let me tell you something about these hispanics who I love so much they are FLAKY!!!! During planning it ended up trying to figure out what should be filled at what time. Yes, I know Dumb. Of course I still remained nice sweet linds, but everyone just has a very different way of doing missionary work. I love my companions really I do. One day I might regret sending this email, but not now. Well Hermana Stout I Love we just have clicked since day one so no problems. Hermana Baek on the other hand is super sweet and such a hard work. Like I said we have very different ideas of what is considered productive, and what is not. Really Friday I was just bugged with her like to the point it was better to just keep my mouth shut or I would have said something not so nice. She is just so quite, and never shows her feeling so its hard for her to be sympathetic or talk to her about how your feeling. If you get what I am saying. I am sure we will be great friends after the mission, but I can't say we would have been friends if it wasnt for the mission. Then it just made me miss all my friends. Lets face it I loved them, and we always had such a good time. Then it made me think of how my best friend is getting married in just 2 short weeks, and guess who wont be there...ME. So needless to say I went to bed mad friday night. Which is never good because then I woke up still so bugged at the situation, and not even wanting to talk to Hermana Beak. Of course I was nice, and tried my hardest. We go to the apartment complex for the "appt" oh and guess who wasnt home?!! Oh the Referral!! Then our back up plan was tracting for like 3 hours!!! By this point I did cheer up, and we ended up having a great day. Then Saturday night came. I wanted to attended the Christmas Devotional so bad!!! If it was up to me I would have just gone, but no we have to be obedient and ask the zone leaders. We ask the zone leaders and they say we cant go unless we have an investigator. Come on elders this is the prophet seriously. Did I mention we dont have investigators. We have been working our little bums off starting from scratch in this area. Me being the nice person that I am tried so hard to get them to change their mind.They said they would like about it and let us know.  Then at church the Cardanas( the same family I mentioned earlier) invited us over for "dessert" and they would happen to have the devotional playing in the background. I love them. Hermana Baek didnt quite feel that was the best idea, but she agreed anyway. Sunday afternoon we had to call the zone leaders to get and address. They asked if we had found an investigator for the devotional we said no. Really had tried so hard to get someone there. Then he says well "sacrafice brings for the blessings of heaven" Seriously Elder what the heck do you think a mission is... ya a sacrafice so dont you think we could go listen to the prophet!! Well sunday afternoon we went to check on so many people, and none of them were home. Finally at 4:30 we were in an apartment complex and found some spanish people so we started talking to them, and ended up visitng with them for about 40 mins so if you do the math thats a little past 5 the time of dessert. Right before we left we invited them to attend the devotional, and they said yes. I was feeling a little bit better about only being able to hang with the cardanas for a few mins, but then again way hesitant if they really were going to come. We had a quick dessert, and left for a dinner appt. Then at seven we headed over the church to watch the devotional. We got there a few mins late, and the zone leaders are there. We walk in, and they give us the worst look. Like a look of what the heck are you doing here. We go over and explain we have investigators who are coming. Then one of them says "well if they dont show up then your going to have to leave." Oh its a good thing I am a missionary or I would have killed him. Of course our investigators show up and my companions decide we should leave. Ok girls serioulsy we are already in the stake center we should have just stayed. If was up to me we would have. I mean I am not going to hell for listening to the prophet. At this point in time I am pissed ( sorry for my language) because everyone plan/backup plan we had fell through. I wasnt in the mood to waste time for an hour driving when I could have been spiritually uplifted. So nope I didnt get to watch the devotional!!! Really thats what the night was a waste of time after that point, and to be honest. I really wasnt in any type of mood to teach anyone or have the desire to visit with anyone. We get home sunday night, and I am doing ok because tomorrow is P-day. Seriously this day is inspired they need to give you a day to chill so you actually can make through another week. Then we get a call for some elders who had another referral for us, and they set up the appt on TODAY!!! Yes, my day to chill, and I day I really need right now. The appt was at 11 so this was just like the cherry on top of my weekend. That is cutting it to my personal time which I dont get much of it. Of so we check on the appt, and guess who wasnt home!!! AHH!!! Well there you have it.
Once again I am really sorry, but I promise next week I will try and send something better. Dont worry I am going to be fine, and I am still happy and postive. But I human so I still tend to get bugged, and mad. This week will be better. I really do love the area its hard but I love it. I love the branch and they take such good care of us. This week we have a mission chirstmas party on friday, and breakfast with cardanas saturday and a branch chirstmas party on saturday. We do have some people we are working with that will hopefully come. We do have people that we are working with we just need to get them to church. I guess considering that we were whitewashed and are opening the area, and the elders left us nothing!!! I have to give myself some credit. Everyone person we are working with we have found in the past 3 weeks. Once again sorry I just had to vent this email. One the upside I met myself a boyfriend. His name is Andrew, and he is three years old. We had a dinner with them last night, and me and him had so much fun. We played trains together. Just him and I. When it was time to leave his parents were like ok say goodbye. He starts kind of crying and whining come and grabs my hand and starts pulling me the opposite direction of the door. It was the cutest thing, but he was so sad when I left. I will have to get a picture with him and send it. I am in Love. Well have a great week, and know that I am praying for you!!! I think we are going to the temple next week so P-day might be tuesday. I Love you!!!
Love Always
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment