Wednesday, October 3, 2012

100 baptism in a month and a Birthday recap

Linnea I am so glad you liked your birthday package. I was so worried that the jam wouldn't get to you in one piece. You can also share with the rest of the family as well. I made that Jam with fresh picked blackberries by yours truly all the way here in washington. I really hope you had a good day, and just know I was thinking about you all day!!! My day was pretty much like any other day. Are alarm went off at  6:10, and Hermana Escobar sang me Happy Birthday. We went for our little jog, and then came back to get ready for the day. She also made me breakfast which was really sweet. We had these breakfast burritos which were way yummy, and she even had a little something for me. As part of our companion ship study I opened my packages which were delivered to me that morning by my district leader. Which was really sweet because I am pretty sure the zone leaders made a trip up there so I could have them on time. Thank you so much for all the packages!! I loved them all, and it means so much to have all of your love and support. We did stop by a recent converts house, and they sang me happy birthday. Then after we had just a pretty normal day actually a lot of our appts fell through, but I am sure we planted so great seeds for some day in the future. Then we went to the relief society broadcast, and dinner was served there which was some chicken pesto pasta, rolls, and salad. Then Hermana Escobar and I watched the broadcast. We wanted to watch it in spanish so we went into the spanish translation room, and yep we were the only ones. Which was fun, and I absolutly loved the Broadcast!! It was amazing so that was a really nice treat. It was pretty a relax day, but thank you so much for making it extra special. Of course all the cards and notes from family and friends made me fell loved. Then actually last night we went to have a lesson with Gustavo and Mireya and he got a job working at some pie company. Last night I was able to get my "birthday pie" it was even cherry!!! Also they let me take a few pieces home as well.

This week has been amazing. First of all Gloria came to church!!! Then last week we met this amazing lady name Marisa. She used to attend church about 9 years ago in Arizona so she at least knows about the church. Well she is great we have been able to get in and teach her. Friday we had a church tour set up with her well she doesn't drive, and we were having a hard time finding someone to give her a ride. So we decided to take the bus, and the best part is she was all for it. She brought along her two little girls, and we made our way to the church to have a lesson. Then the best part is she came to church on sunday. She had her husband drop her off with her daughters before he went to work. Then he couldn't come and pick her up until about 1:30 so after church the elders were having a baptism so she stayed for that, and then we just went outside to wait with her. Basically she is so prepared, and I love her!!! Another thing amazing this week is Alfonzo and Danielle are less active members who haven't been to church in 5 years. Well anyway last week there whole family came to church. This week we were able to get and and teach there boys they have 3 and 2 of which are baptismal age. Well they want to be baptized so we are helping them get prepared for the end of the month!! I love them so much, and they are just the cutest.

Also another thing this weekend was our final countdown. We have had a goal of baptizing 100 people in a month for a while, and it is something that has never happend in the Washinton Seattle Mission before well September was the MONTH!!! Well Family just know I love you all so much, and I am praying for you always. Enjoy confernce, and know that I will be watching it!!! Have the best week, and enjoy every moment.

 "ELDERS AND SISTERS OF THE WASHINGTON SEATTLE MISSION: AFTER TWO YEARS OF WANDERING IN THE WILDERNESS, JASON WAS BAPTIZED IN THE BONNEY LAKE WARD AT 7:16PM LAST NIGHT AND THE WASHINGTON SEAT-TLE MISSION AT LAST OBTAINED THEIR FIRST SIGHT OF THE LAND OF ZION AS OUR MISSION BAPTIZED 101 PEOPLE IN A SINGLE MONTH!!!

NEVER FORGET THIS DAY!!! GENERATIONS OF MISSIONARIES TO COME WILL LOOK AT THE RECORDS AND REALIZE THAT WAS THE DAY THAT CHANGED THE COURSE OF THE WASHINGTON SEATTLE MISSION FOREVER!!!
IT HAS CHANGED EACH ONE OF US FOREVER. YOU WILL ALL LOOK BACK UPON THIS DAY AND REMEMBER THAT THIS WAS THE DAY WHEN YOU SAW THE HAND OF GOD AND THE POWER OF THE LORD IN ALL HIS GLORY AND MAJESTY!
There has never been nor ever will be a Mission President and his wife who are more proud of their missionaries than Sister Larkin and I are proud of you this day! There simply are no missionaries in this world who are as diligent, as exactly obedient, or as full of faith as the missionaries in the Washington Seattle Mission. You are the holiest and the finest missionaries in all the world." President Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment