Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween




Good Morning Family,
How is it going? I hope you all had a good week. Also do you have any plans for Halloween? I totally have an idea of what I am going to dress up as next year. I know not that it really even matters at this point in time, but hey it doesnt hurt to plan ahead. There is this cute girl who I love she is 6, and anyway we were talking about halloween a little while ago. I asked what she was going to be for Halloween, and she told me a witch. Then she said "well what are you going to be?" I just said well I think I will just be a missionary. Then this week we were at there house for dinner she is sitting over by me, and says "are you still going to be a missionary for halloween?" I just laughed and said yes I am. I expect to get pictures next week of all your costumes!! On Saturday we had our little ward Halloween Party. It was actually combined with another ward so it was so crowded, but it was fun to see all the kids dressed up man they sure do get creative. Then we had a trunk or treat. Ealier that day we had a lesson with our investigator Irma, and we invited her to come to the activity. Well she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to come, but she wanted to buy treats just in case. She had us follow her to walgreens so she could by candy for us to pass out in behalf of her. So that was really sweet. Other than that it was pouring so we were a little wet by the end of the night. Luckily a sweet lady let us climb in the back of her van to pass out our candy.
Even though Irma wasn't able to come to the activity she did make it out to church!! She is somebody who already qualifies to be baptized its just helping her feel the confidence so she can gain her own testimony. Saturday she was sitting on one side of the room and she said ok if the wall on the other side was baptism i would say I am getting closer. She stands up and starts telling us how much closer she is feeling. Honestly I thought she was just going to take one step which I would have loved because then I know she is at least thinking about it. Well she takes a giant step and then just keeps taking them she didn't get quite to the wall, but she is right there. Also yesterday at church was our primary program which I love. I feel like such a baby because I always tear up. Whats happening to me? It was really sweet because they invited the missionaries to come up and sing we'll bring the world his truth with some of the older primary kids, and then we did the second verse in spanish.
Also Luis who I love accepted a date to be baptized this month!! We had such a good lesson with him this week, and it was so cute because he was nervous that if accepting a date to be baptized he would have to be a missionary. His concern was that he wouldnt know enough. I thought it was the sweetest thing. He did he took some sincere time to think about it, and then he said well yes I will be baptized why not. The sad thing is he didn't come to church yesterday which is so not like him so we have to figure out what happend. 
Now on to the most amazing news ever!!! Sean and Riley were both baptized yesterday!!! The spirit was so strong I can't even describe it. I think what made it the most amazing is just the feeling of accomplishment of what they have gone though, and how much this is really going to bless there family. So let me give you a little bit of background information. The boys had there interviews last week, and were all set up to go. Now with child baptisms you have to have parent permission well mom has been completely on board the whole time. You could just tell how much she was ready to come back to church, and have this for her family. Well Alfonzo has been a little bit more hesitant, and he has a crazy work schedule so he wasnt present for a lot of the lessons. Well when we were talking to them he said that he wasn't sure if they could get baptized because they werent prepared enough. Well Danielle said at interviews that they were going to just do it anyway because she was thinking that maybe it was alfonzo who wasn't quite prepared to make the changes. This week Alfonzo had a meeting with the bishop just because he kind of has some different ideas like stuff that is kind of out of our control, and stuff that we really don't want to mess with. Then we had a lesson with Danielle and the boys, and danielle mentioned how she wasn't sure that they were going to be able to be baptized because alfonzo had been more hesitant about them being prepared. By this point we were really just stuck because everyone wanted it now it was just getting the permission for dad. Friday we decided to fast so that we could some how get him to recognize how important this was for his family. I am not going to lie I wasn't so into the idea of fasting. I know kind of selfish but I knew it was out of our power, and I needed to support my companion. I decided to just pray for the desire to do it, and I know that now I really do have a stronger testimony of fasting. Well friday we just dropped by for just a min, and then saturday we tried to set up a lesson with him but he wouldn't commit because of his schedule. Well Saturday we drove by and saw his truck so we were able to have a really good lesson with him. We talked about how the gospel will bless his family. We talked about how the boys need to have his support, but they can all do it together. We bore testimony of the importance of children and how easy they are to recognize what is good and true. He softend his heart, and said that if they wanted to be baptized he would let them because he didn't want to hold them back. We brought the boys in and talked to they right away of course they both wanted it. Danielle and the boys came to church. I actually went to the first part of primary with them so that they could feel more comfortable, and sean went off to young mens. Then the baptism was later on that evening. The whole family was present, and it was just amazing!!! The boys asked Hermana Escobar, and I to give talks so she did the one on baptism I did the one on the holy ghost. Then for the baptism we went and stood in the girls bathroom with Danielle so we got the back stage view, and then on the other side you could see alfonzo and the boys. Riley who is 9 is such a stud I am so excited for that kid he was so nervous, but he did such a good job!! There was so much support and love from everyone who was present, and now we have 2 more members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!
Well family thats the update for my week. I think we might be going to the temple so p-day will be on tuesday. Just know I love you all, and pray for you always. Enjoy Every Moment, and I miss you all!!! Love always Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment