Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good Morning

You know this has been quite the week. Of course just like any other week they never cease to suprise me. Well the cold has officially hit, and sometimes I ask how the heck I did it last year. Then again I really do have a love for the rain, and not to mention it really is beautiful so I really can't complain. Now are you ready for the update? Ok first of all lets talk about breaking my heart. Gustavo and Mireya investigators that we worked forever with who I grew to love we had to let them go because they just weren't acting!!  Then also Marisa I don't know if you remember her, but she wants to progress so bad. The thing is her husband heard something about how we do baptisms for the dead, and now he is all against her coming to church. Which is so sad because he is not even willing to talk to us or let us explain. Its just so sad because she wants its so bad, but then it causes that conflict with her husband. I think what makes it even worse is yes its sad when someone uses their own personal agency to not want to progress, but its even more sad when its someone else who is stopping them for progressing.
Now on to a little lighter note. Last tuesday Hermana Escobar and I made pupusas for Danielle and her boys we went and had dinner with them. We have been teaching them all of the final little things to help them prepare to be baptized. We had a lesson where we brought the elders quorm president, and he was asking them just different things about why they wanted to be baptized. Riley who is nine says "I have gotten in some fights before, and I know that God doesn't like that. The missionaries said that I could start over." I was so proud!!! He is such a stud. They are such great kids, and they were going to be baptized friday, but they slept in for church. Which totally stinks because we had only been talking to them the whole week about how important it was that they came. Apparently the youngest was awake Logan he is 6, but didn't wake up his family because he didn't want to go to primary. I was like what a little punk dont worry we teased him about it because we totally had it planned that I was going to go to primary with them. Right now the plan is for next sunday.
Also guess who came to church Luis!!! I wanted to freak out because he actually came late, but when we walked in to sunday school he was sitting there. I love that guy. He is so great also we found out that his wife is not on board or doesn't really want anything to do with the mormons. What is it? Anyway he just told her well I am going to church, and I will be back. We have appts set up with him to teach him at the church since she doesn't want us to come over.
Then we had veronica at church. We met her a few weeks ago. Actually it was pretty cool because we contacted this guy in an apartment complex who was not intrested. He said that his ex-wife/girlfriend was a mormon. So of course we took her information. We go and check up on her thinking that she is just less active well she is not a member. We ended up teaching the whole first lesson on the door stop, and then after she let us inside. Ever since then we have been meeting with her once a week, and the lessons are so good!! She is so amazing, and really just takes it all in. We went to her house yesterday at about 8:30 and she had just gotten up, but she hurried and got ready and followed us there. Also she has the cutest little 5 year old ever his name is angel. I was sitting by him during sacrament, and pretty much just stayed entertained by him the whole time. Since we have headsets for translating he of course wanted a headset. Then he would play with the volume, and make me put on his headphones. Then he would talk so loud because of the headphones he couldnt tell how loud he was actually being. I probably have about 10 sticky notes that have his name written on them. The cutest thing ever he was sitting between me and hermana escobar. When the sacrament came around well the water I was holding the tray, and he picked up a little cup and after I said tu puedes ponerlo aqui as I pointed to the spot where he could put his cup. Then he helped me pass the tray to Hermana Escobar, and after she took the water as was about ready to put her cup in he says tu puedes ponerlo aqui. I laughed so hard he is such a cutie!!
Then of course we have had some pretty intresting moments doing our tracting. We were knocking on a door of a potential and a little kid answers the door. Then we see the dad sitting on the couch with a blaket, and he totally invites us in. Well his wife wasn't home so we couldn't which worked out in our benefit because then the next thing he apologized that he couldn't answer the door because he was naked. Ok really some people just give way to much information or why would you even answer the door. Then another door we are knocking at I promise some people think we can't hear them, but its actually quite funny. So we knock and we hear someone coming to the door looks through the peep hole and says " dos muchachas bonitas son tus amigas." Oh we laughed so hard. Then the lady answers and we had met here before we were acutally teaching her older daughter who probably early 20's. The funny part was that he totally stood there in the door way the whole time.
 
Well thats about the update from my week. Just know I pray for you always, and I hope you all have to best week. Enjoy every moment. Love Always, Hermana Grimes XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment