Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Good Morning Family,
 
Ok first of all can you believe that it is Thanksgiving!!! Dad it makes me think a while ago when I was packing all of my stuff up, and you told me before you know it you will be sitting around for Thanksgiving wondering where all the time went. Man, that seems like it was a while ago, but than again its crazy to think that it's already here. I read that you have a small group for thanksgiving, but really that is the best thing ever. Just know I will be thinking about you all so much, and I am so grateful to have each one of you in my life. Also enjoy the rolls do you want to know something so funny the other day I was telling Hermana Escobar that exact same story. In my defense it totally was not my fault even though I got the blame of running the best park of thanksgiving as well as the left over sandwiches. Just so you all know next year my rolls are going to be bomb so get excited!! As far as my plans we
have our mission Thanksgiving activity that morning so actually today I have to go get myself some new jeans because I ripped mine picking blackberries for that wonderful Jam I know you all loved.
Then the night before actually so wed. we have a ward activity of pie night so you better believe I will be making an apperance.
Then after we received an invite to go with our investigator Alma and her family. If that doesn't work out we have had about 5 other people who have invited us over so needless to say we will be well taken care of however it works out. Oh and just so you all know I have probably had a piece of pie every single day this month. Yep tender mercies if you ask me. It seems that all the desserts at dinner appts are pie, and everyone sends us home with pie. You better believe I am not complaining.
Well this week has been really good. I am telling you its like a roller coaster so you never know whats coming. We are still working on our finding. Which is a real test of patience and faith, and sometimes  I do things more out of strict obedience. Not necessarily because I am going to get the fastest results. For example we are supposed to tract 5-7 everyday because its the best time to find people at home. Well sometimes its a little hard as far as building up our spanish teaching pool, but I do it so that the lord can work his miracles in the lives of others that we are working with. Not to mention I really do like tracting, and I am pretty sure that is when Hermana Escobar laugh the most. I mean it mine as well be fun, and we hear the funniest things. Anyway we taught Luis, and i almost wanted to burst into tears as we taught the law of chasity. Its stinks because the desire to be baptized is there and he defiantly would do it this month, but its just going to take time. I love him so much. Also yesterday Jose Valencia and another recent convert Bonifacio both were ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood after stake conference. So that was pretty amazing, and so now we have to more priesthood holders for our little group. Last night we went and taught Jose and his sister and brother-in-law Maria and Leonel. They are such a great family. It was great because Jose was just on fire and he had starting reading the book of mormon again after he was baptized and now he is almost finished with alma. Also he was making comments to his sister about how he could baptize them when they both just said they were ready. Which we found out last night that she is scared to read the book of mormon. One because she grew up catholic and she really likes church and likes when we come over, but she is afraid of changing just because traditionally thats what she is. Also they both said they wouldn't get baptized if one of us got transferred. Then of course we went on to explain that the church is still true no matter what missionaries then we got to tease them a little more about how if we both say then they have to be baptized. So we will see what happens with them they are so great, and they have so much potential. Also this week we have found 2 ladies who I guess you could say have been under the radiator. They are members, and have just been less active so now we get to work with them to come join our little Spanish group. Also last night we were able to get in and see a potential investigator Elia who is a pretty strong Cristian, but we have gotten in to teach her about twice. Well last night she opened up so much to us about her whole life story. She is a single mom. Her husband left her about 7 years ago to go to Mexico to visit his family but ended up meeting another woman there so he never came back. So it left her to raise her four boys here. At this point she had never worked because she would stay in the home as he husband worked. So she basically had to start for scratch because she didn't know English, and didn't have a job. Last night she just opened up so much about the last 7 years of her life and not feeling like a good enough mom. Or how she works so hard and its under appreciated. She was just crying the whole time she was explaining everything. She is so amazing,
and it really is so amazing how fast you can grow a connection with people. Well she invited us to come over on Thanksgiving
so we will be making an appearance. Her oven doesn't work so she is going to just buy something so we are going to make a pie and take it over.
Oh also this week I had my last interview with the president. It lasted about 5 mins it was super quick, and basically he just was like well your almost done. Work hard, and know that the choicest blessing will come in your next few weeks in the mission field. I totally got all teary eyed. Then at stake conference it was all about missionary work. It started with someone who just got there call, then to a RM, then to a convert, and then all of the other leaders. The whole theme was missionary work, and how the gospel is moving. Then a member of the 70 came and was talking about when he was a stake president and how he would set apart missionaries, and give them one of the most sacred callings that they would have. Then he went in to explain how it was when they got released. Then once again I got all teary eyed. I don't know whats happening. Its just a lot of mixed emotions, and since timing is the weirdest thing ever it feels so close but not really.  They even talked about what it was like for the parents to drop missionaries off.
I guess I have just had a few moments as so many memories kept flooding back into my mind from the beginning. Crazy. Well family just know that I am so grateful for all you do and being such amazing supporters in the decision I made to serve a mission. Of course always listening to every up and down, and all your prayers. Have the best holiday!!! I love you all so much, and just enjoy every moment. Also transfer calls are this week so P-day will be Tuesday. Just know your in my prayers. I miss you all. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to POPPOP!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to CHELS!!! Love you both.
Love Always Hermana Grimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment