Monday, November 19, 2012

Hey Family

Good Morning Family,
 
How are you? I keep hearing how much snow Utah is getting, but than again it is that time of year. Which means ski season is right around the corner!!! Which I am not going to lie I am defiantly look forward to doing a little bit of that real soon. Which I know it will be here before I know it. So I am just going to enjoy every moment good and bad. I am not going to lie this week I have just felt like a balloon that keeps getting blown into, and pretty soon I might just pop. I know missions have rules and regulations, but man sometimes I never feel like I do anything right. Not that I do anything to break the rules, but sometimes the pressure of missionary work is just a little more than I think I can handle. Than again its supposed to make me into some better person which I don't know why its so much harder to recognize your own strengths. Another thing to is I am still just Linds, and so I don't really feel that I have changed that much. Then again maybe its more than I see, and I should learn to give myself more credit. I always wondered why if this is the best thing I could be doing right now, and probably the best I have ever been. Why we always think we are never doing good enough. I guess its all part of the gospel to keep progressing because if you not than your regressing. I guess I will just take little baby steps and see how this goes.
Well as far my week we are really focusing on finding people to teach. Like always, but we really have got to find the ones who are ready. I keep hearing the field is white already to harvest, but I think the hardest part is believing that its true. I guess that's OK because a lot of people have our cards unless they put them in the trash. I know no missionary effort ever goes in vain.
Now with our investigators we had a lesson with Luis this week. Sad part is he didn't come to church so something probably came up. Well actually none of our investigators came. Anyway Wed he let us come over to his house. His "wife" stayed back in the room the whole time. I am telling you this seems to be a common denominator here right now. Why can't spouses just be on the same page? Anyway we get into his house and he already has 3 water bottles on the table and all of his books ready to learn. He is so great, and I know that when he gets baptized he will be a great member. He even called us his angles which I thought was really sweet. The only thing is the girls he is living with is not his wife so they would have to get married, and they are both still married to other people. So right now he is on date for the end of the month. The thing is when he said that I just sank in my chair because a divorce would take at least 3 months, and since they both need divorces. Then they would have to get married so that just seems so far in the future. I guess he also has the option of moving out which could happen as well. Logically in my mind I don't quite see how this is going to work. Now I just have to work on doing what I can so that the Lord can do what he can. Obviously his vision is way better than mine, but this logical human brain that I have doesn't quite know how this situation is going down.
Also we got in to see Alma. I seriously love her. She liked church, but her biggest doubt is the book of Mormon. Which makes sense since it is the keystone of the religion. You have to have a testimony of the book of Mormon to know the church is true, and to know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Well she wants to read it, and she was really interested to read about lehi and his family who left Jerusalem. What I like about her is she is just so honest, and sincere. She didn't come to church yesterday because her daughter is sick, but when we went to knock on the door she was a least awake. So she is making progress, and I know she really wants it for her family. She did tell us that she just doesn't want the pressure, but she will read the book of mormon. Also she did agree to meet with us because she wants to learn. Also she invited us over for Thanksgiving so i am quite excited about that!!! I really love her, and her family. So I want her to keep progressing.
Then another funny thing we got in to teach Veronica and Angel her son. They haven't been at church because of sickness so hopefully next week they can step it up. Its just hard because you have a time when they are prepared and ready. You have to make sure they keep that desire. Anyway we were teaching the 10 commandments with hand signals. Another little girl that was there who is about four when we got to number 6 about not killing. She says well I have a 33 pistol de agua I was laughing so hard. Then angel said that number 10 was is favorite commandment. Then we asked what commandment 10 was, and then he said quiero una sticker. Once again I was laughing!! Just because he is five and really probably doesn't understand, but it just worked out perfect. Just so you know its the CTR stickers that you sent me in my package so they are being put to good use.
 
Well family I am still hanging in here, and I was thinking I just need a little helium to last just a little longer. Don't worry i will be just fine, and I know that every trial and hard time pay off. Just know I love you all, and am so grateful to have your support. Enjoy every moment. Love you Always Hermana Grimes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment