Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Last Transfer

Well Family,
 
To my favorite people ever!!! I hope you all had such a great week.
I am sure you are all super excited to figure out what exactly happend with transfers. Well we lost 2 hermanas so I knew that changes were going down. Well Sunday night we got the call and Hermana Escobar is gone which we kind of knew was coming just because she had been here for a while. Now she is companions with Hermana Stout in Kent. Now as for me I got not just one but two companions again. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. They are both sweet girls, and I am going to make the most of it. Hermana Stout and I were both a little worried so we are going to keep each other strong for the next few weeks and write each other every week. I serioulsy love that girl!!! Well I love every companion, and know that each one of them will be such dear friends of mine for life. Well my new companions are Hermana Ovary and Hermana Laney. They are both from Utah. Actually Hermana Ovary went to American Fork High School. See I told you sometimes the only way you would be friends is in the mission. They are both sweet, and like I said I am just going to live up every moment. Hermana Ovary has been out about 13 months, and Hermana Laney about 6 so I get to show them the ropes of Federal Way. I will have to attach a picture and send one home next week. This past week I actually got to go on exchanges with Hermana Stout so of course we had so much fun catching up. Do you want to know who I got to see? We went over to see Miriam and her family!!! She is doing amazing, and it was such a blessing to be able to teach her and be part of her conversion process. She was telling me how blessed she has been because of the gospel, and how she never would have expected her life to be that way. She showed me her book of mormon right now she had just read about lehi's dream, and practically every verse was underlined. That was probably one of the most tender moments this week being able to see her progess in the gospel, and knowing that I will keep in touch with her for life.
How was your Thanksgiving? I am not going to lie I have to keep telling myself that I can do the Holidays in the Mission. I know that these next 6 weeks will be more than i can ever imagine, and I am going to live up every moment. So we started the morning with a little mission activity were we just played sports, and got to catch up with other missionaries so that was pretty fun. Then we had weekly planning, and during that time we made apple pies to take over to people. Then we went over to Alma's house. Her husband wasnt home from work at that point in time yet so it was good we showed up when we did. She had been cooking all day, and was a little disappointed with they way things worked out with her husband. We ate with her it was just simple, but so special. We did have turkey, rolls, rice, beans, and corn. It was actually pretty dang good, and she made some pies so I did get some pumpkin pie. It was just so special that she invited us over. Then we played some type of bingo game with her kids, and the bingo cards were in spanish. Other than that after we did some knocking on doors but now one was really home. Then we went over to drop of a apple crumble that we made to Elvia. ( the lady I told you about last week.) That was about my day nothing super crazy, but one I will cherish forever.
Now on to some of the greatest news ever!!! So saturday we had an appt with Luis well since his wife doesnt like us to come inside he was waiting out side for us. Guess what he told us? He told us he wanted to find a new place to live, and he was being completely serious!!! I about died. If he moves out then he can be living the law of chasity, and then he can progress towards baptism. Now we are looking for a place that he could go quickly and cheap so keep him in your prayers. He was also at church on sunday!!! I love this guy.
Also sunday night we had an amazing Lesson with Maria and Leonel Jose's family. Well Jose was present for the lesson, and our bishop. We followed up on a reading assignment that we had left them in Alma chapter 12. It was perfect for what we wanted to talk about. Well it was such a powerful lesson, and they are ready to start progressing, and truly finding out for themselves. There is just a little bit of fear of the changes that would have to be made, but they are right there. Leonel started reading the book of mormon friday and is in 2 nephi, and he was telling us all about lehi and his family!!! Jose did so amazing and was so bold, and he totally rocked it!!! They are such a great family, and I am so excited for them. All of these people are right there...seriously so I am going to do the best I know how. Keep them in your prayers.
 
Just know I love you all so very much!! I was so sad to hear about simba that is going to be so weird. I love that pup. Well I hope you all have the best week. Know that  I am praying for you enjoy every moment. I miss you all!!! XOXOX Love Always Hermana Grimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment