Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I did it...AGAIN

Yes, I decided once again to sign up to run a half marathon. I had so much fun running the first one, and was actually quite suprised at how much I really enjoyed it. I was talking with my roomies, and Jacki decided she wanted to train and run it as well. Of course she was a lot more dedicated than I was with staying consistant. I guess I get this idea in my head that goes something like oh maybe you should register for a half marathon, and then it will actually force you to go work out. Ok I have learned that is not really the case. As we were standing at the starting line at 6:30 in the morning, and not to mention we had been up since at least 4:30 that it is a vicious cycle that never ends. In the moment your getting ready to start your thinking what the heck did I get myself into. Then the days your supposed to do a long run and your just not in the mood, but you have to because you registered. Then as the gun goes off your adrenaline is pumping, and your ready to kick butt. As your run each mile counting up to thirteen you just try and keep yourself motivated then you cross the finish line feeling so accomplished. At that point everything you did or didnt do is now over. Then you decide that you have to do it all over again because it felt so good, and you know you can probably do even better next time....see it never ends. Some how I still secretly love it.The course was beautiful with running around Sand Hollow, fields of green, orchards, and not to mention some killer hills!! Even though I didn't nearly train nearly as hard as I know I could have I finished!! That is enough of an accomplishment in itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment