Sunday, July 24, 2011

One month down, 17 left to Love!!

July 21,2011
HOLA FAMILY!!!!

ONE MONTH DOWN and 17 LEFT TO LOVE!!!!

First off, Karlie and Natalie entered the MTC yesterday, and I ran into both of them. It was the best day ever!!! It was a little St. George reunion. Of course, a good chuck of the people who I love most weren't there, but it was the highlight of my day. I also received Vayla’s wedding invite, and I seriously might cry. I am so sad that I have to miss it. So would you please, PLEASE, if you can, go for me. I know she sent you an invitation, which is just the cutest thing ever. She even offered to have Chad be my getaway driver, if I decided that I wanted to go, but they say EXACT obedience brings miracles, so I need all the help I can get. So I better stick with saying here.

I received your amazing package that you sent. So thank you so much. I even got a package from Kort, so this was a great week!! Of course I love all of your letters, notes, and dear elders. I am getting responses back so don't even worry.

I have gotten into a routine of how my day goes, that I don’t even feel like I have much to fill you in on. I LOVE class!! I am always working so hard learning Spanish, or preparing to teach our "investigators". Our teachers are just spiritual powerhouses that keep us going. Speaking of "investigators" which are our teachers who play the part, and trust me they get into it. Anyway, his name is Carlos, from Seattle of course, committed to baptism in our lesson last night. I am starting to get more comfortable with speaking the language even though it’s not perfect, and I can't expect it to be. We have such a strong spirit when we teach. I really am so blessed to have the best companion ever, seriously!! I know I mention it every week, but we get along so well. We have never had the problem of teaching with unity, and love for the investigator. If you don’t have the unity you don’t teach with the spirit, and that is the real teacher. By the way her name is Kathleen Jane Stout or Katie. More and more each day we realize how much we need each other, and how we keep each other strong.

I don’t even know where to start on filling you in with all of the spiritual insights I have had this week. Sunday devotional we had W. Blake Sonne and his wife come and spoke to us about our focus and purpose of this amazing work!! We are servants of God expected to do what He needs us to do. When we are focused on the Savior, we gain a clearer aspect of him, and how to detect the adversary. In class the other day we watched a talk by Elder Bednar. He explained how if the adversary didn't know it
(gospel) was true he would not be fighting so hard to stop it. It made me think about how me, and each person here, has a story of how we got here. Our paths are directed by the Savior.

Bonnie Hammond, our Tuesday devotional speaker, said, "each of you gave up something to get something better." This is just the beginning of the amazing work that is going to come forth. How even bringing forth the Book of Mormon and the Fullness of the Gospel each person has a story of how they came to know of the truth. How the sacrifices of the early saints to gain something much better. That is the good news of the gospel. The Savior is with us every step of the way, especially as we declare his word. What a privilege it is to have the best and more perfect missionary as my companion. More and more each day I know how much I have to rely on the Savior. Living the gospel has never been something I have questioned and I have always had a testimony of the truth or I wouldn't be where I am today. I am learning so much of how to fully rely on the Savior, and put my whole trust in him with everything that I do. I have to work on it every day, and rely on him more than I ever have had to before. It’s not about what I say or do, but how. Doing everything that is in accordance with our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.
I love you all and am so grateful for your support. The more I am here the more I come to learn why I am here. Keep doing what is right, and know I pray for you always. It sounds like each of you are having an amazing summer. I love, LOVED, the pictures. Have an amazing week.

Love Always
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment