Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pushing our buttons

Hola Family,
ONE WEEK!!! Can you believe it?! This has been the most stressful overwhelming, exciting week ever. There so many adjustments all at one time. I want to thank you for all the dear elders, seriously. I want to kiss who ever invented that AMAZING program. I love getting mail it really is the highlight of my day. It feels like christmas morning at lunch and dinner! Thank you for all of your support.
I am finally getting into the swing of how the whole MTC works. It really is an amazing place!! I am loving every second. It is really hard work! This week has been about all the above when it comes to how I have been feeling. Its amazing that even when your doing the Lords work satan really know us and knows how to push our buttons. When had a fireside on sunday and Stephen B. Allen was the speaker. He talked about how the adversary pushes our buttons. It was the most amazing talk ever!! He talked about how satan wants to stop us and tear us down because the adversary knows exactly what we are about to do, and all the people who will be brought into the gospel.  Stephen B. Allen read a scripture in Alma 26:27 he talked about how he was depressed, and then he found success. He asked each missionary who has ever been depressed or lonely at the MTC to stand up. I kid you not every person in the room stood up. He said congratulations your missionaries. He mentioned how we are going to feel alone, but if we put our trust in the lord he well get us through. The joyful times will far exceed the challenges. He also talked about what each of us had to sacrafice, give up, or miss out on things in life in order to be here. He talked about how the Lord knows every part of who we are and what we had to do in order to be here. We are going to be blessed more than we will ever know if we fully commit our 18 months to him. We can't let the adversary win this game, and he is going to try and tear us down. For instance this week we had to teach our first lesson in spanish. AHH!! I am so overwhelmed. It is so fustrating because I have so much I want to say I just don't know how. After we taught our first lesson in spanish I walked back into the class room and put my head on my desk and was laughing and crying all at the same time. Of course it was kind of funny because I was being a little dramatic, but I was so mad!! Everyone in my district was laughing with me because all of us stuggle with our own things. I just have to focus on what I do know, and try to not  get discouraged because guess what, that is the adversary pushing my buttons. I can pray and bear my testimony is spanish. Its sound like I am in primary, but Hermana Griffin who is in my distict gave me the best advice. She also gets just as fustrated as I do with the language because we both have such a desire to teach. She told me Christ taught that we need to become as little children. Even if are prayers or our testimonies aren't as profound as we would like the lord knows are efforts. I just have to put my faith in him. I thought I was a faithful person, and I am but it comes after the trial of our faith. Now on to  my amazing district. We have become so close this week its crazy, but I love it!! Its going to be hard to say goodbye. I should be used to goodbye's these days, but that doesn't mean I ever have to like them. Anyway our classroom is on the 5th floor, so the top. I have to walk up 5 flights of stairs multiple times a day!! I cant complain because we have the best veiw in the lobby. It looks over the whole valley, and our class room window looks right at the temple and the mountains behind it. It's awesome. Okay so there are six elders in my district, they are pretty funny.  five of them are super quiet-they but they are warming up. There smart, and kind of nerdy but I love it. One Elder gets like 50 billion letters from girls each day, and dresses really nice. so we tease him. Like "Mr. Popular" in high school. B, he looks like somebody you would be intrested in. I will see what I can do. He is so funny!! Now for the sisters there are 5 of us including me. We are the only Hermana's in the zone so needless to say we are quite popular. I will have to explain each of them next email because of this stupid 30 min timer I am so bugged it erased half my email!!  I love you so much, thank you for everything. Have a fun weekend. Watch some fireworks for me because they are my favorite! Love you tons. Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment