Thursday, July 21, 2011

Part of a marvelous work

July 14, 2011
Hola Family,

Can you believe it? We are here again!! Time is starting to fly by. It’s crazy, but the other day at lunch we were talking about how we feel like we were born here. Really though, it’s quite funny. Of course, life is amazing, and I appreciate the small things more and more everyday. I have started writing down the little tender mercies I notice throughout the day, even if it is just as simple as the sun is shining, or seeing the temple from the classroom window, or receiving MAIL!! That’s always a tender mercy, so keep it up. It’s truly amazing how the Lord has blessed me, and the spirit that is felt here at the MTC. Sometimes I feel like I may take it for granted how close I really am to the spirit, and how if I rely on the Lord he can give me the strength, and the power to do what I need to do. The other day during personal study, us hermanas were talking about faith. I feel like that is a huge part of what is going to make us become what we can become. Anyway Hermana Griffin said "you know how they say faith can move mountains....well we better grab a shovel." Missionary work is hard work, and it is supposed to be. If it was easy everyone would do it. We are constantly telling ourselves to keep digging. We watched the most amazing talk by Elder Holland that is only shown at the MTC. I  can’t even begin to tell you how amazing it was. I have probably 5 pages of scribbled messy notes about it. He mentioned how we are part of a marvelous work and a wonder. In Moses 1:39 it is the fathers will to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. How we are part of bringing souls unto Christ. He mentioned how he didn't want us to miss any minute or take any of the hard time for granted. This is the greatest opportunity you have. You are NOW doing the most important thing in the world, and there is nothing better for you to be doing at this stage in your life.

The atonement has been quite the topic this week as we have studied and heard talk after talk about it. It is truly is amazing, and uncomprehendable. It has been mentioned how each of us are going to experience times of hardship, but you will also experience joyful times as well. We have to utilize every minute, and we can't give up. We had been talking about how the savior is the perfect example, and what if he decided that he wanted to give up and not live the last week of his life. There would be no Gesemene, Calvery, or  no resurrection which means there is no atonement. In the fireside on Sunday it was mentioned that we TEACH WHO WE ARE!! It’s part of what we know, but the gospel makes us the person we are today. We have to experience feelings of doubt, fear, and repenting, in order to experience love, joy, grace, and mercy. I have learned so much these past 3 week and still have an incredible amount to learn. I am loving every second that I get to be a representative of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I am learning more and more about this powerful, humbling calling that I have chosen to do.
This past week I have met so many elders that are headed to Seattle. In fact, they are there now. Those dang English speaking elders...oh well. Anyway the more I am here, the more I have a love for the calling to serve in Seattle. Not one person that I have talked to has said one bad thing about that place.

Oh, really fast, switching gears. I just have to mention that being a hermana in the MTC is the best. Some one holds the door open for us all the time, we always have elders offer to take our trays, or get advice. It actually has been quite fun meeting so many new and amazing people. I have become so close with our zone, and we have all started to get to know each other well. As well as the district.
Oh, I have to tell you the funniest thing ever. It’s a little embarassing, but me and Hermana Stout probably laughed for about 30 minutes straight. Ok, so we went to the bathroom and we were walking out and she was behind me and yelled "Lindsey, oh my gosh stop" of course she is dying of laughter, but my skirt was tucked in my garments!! Luckily no one noticed, but we could not stop laughing. I promise, me and her are always finding ways to make fun of ourselves. Laughter really is the BEST!!!
Well, I hope you all have an amazing week. Know I pray for you ALWAYS!! We have started SYL, speak your language, hard cord so pray for me!! I am pretty sure I am learning more sign language than Spanish, but its all good. It is coming.
I am sending a memory card home today, so you should have  tons of pictures. Hopefully Saturday!!
How was Cars? Steven, sounds like your birthday was the best. Thanks for the package!! I am so blessed to have all of your support.
Be good. Enjoy every moment.

Love always,
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment