Monday, September 26, 2011

Another amazing week in Seattle!!

My Amazing Family,
 
Hello, Again!! Thank you for your emails!! I love email day, its the best to open the inbox and see your emails. I know life is getting busy with school and work, mail has really started to slow down so hearing from you is the best. It just is the tender mercy that keeps you going. Linnea I am so sorry about not sending you a letter last week, but this week should make up for it. I already have it written, and it will be going in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. Be excited!!! I hope you had fun at your concert, and I cant believe that Lion King is this week!!! I LOVE LOVE that play, and steven is going with you, man your going to have a blast. Also that nashville tribute thing so sounds cool!! I totally would listen to the CD mom but we have a dumb rule that we can only listen to Hymns. Dont get me started! I dont know why but I am so bitter about this rule. Its because of a few stupid missionaries that the whole mission gets punished. I love hymns dont get me wrong, but there is so much other good inspiring church music thats not hynms. Whatever. I am going to have a great appreciation for regular music when I get home. The other day we were having a little chat outside with a lady and her neighbors were blasting the Kings of Leon song "Use Somebody" and it was great!!! Well Carolina and her Kids are just as amazing as ever I cant even describe how much I love that family. As of right now she is scheduled to be baptized on the 20th of this Month!!! We taught her the word of wisdom last week, she is a coffee drinker and she had absolutly no problems with it at all. She didnt come to stake conference last week because she got called in to work which was a huge bummer. She has to come this week or we are going to have to push the baptism back another week. She is still going strong. Speaking of church this last week we had stake conference. It was broadcast from Salt Lake City!! We got to hear from Elder Snow, Sister Dalton, Elder Holland, and Elder Packer. It was amazing at least the parts of the talks that I happened to understand. I had to watch it in spanish which I was a little bummed about. We just had our little spanish branch in the Relief Socitey Room while everyone else was in the chapel. I was a little bitter about it, but I got the gosple part of each talk. I didnt quite understand every little story or personal experience they were using. A lot of the talks were on the importance of the holy ghost, and how there are 3 places in our life that need to be a santuary, are family, church, and the temple. Last night we had a lesson with Joel, and he is doing a lot better with drinking and smoking. We had the Elders come over and give him a blessing and it was amazing. He just kept explaining how its not easy because obvioulsy he has grown an addiction over the years, and all of his friends drink so its a social thing as well. It was mentioned in the blessing that Heavenly Father is aware of him, and his difficulties so I am sure that will help give him the strength. It was powerful. This week and Last we are finding new people to teach, and really figuring out which of our investigators are really ready to make the commitment. Last week about 50 missionaries were invited to a meeting with the President. I was one of them along with my companion. We are still not sure why he called all of us there he said there was a common thread between all the missionaries there, but he wouldn't tell us what it was. Anyway basically he talked about Gideons Army, and the 50 of us need to be Gideons Army for are mission. We have a yearly goal of baptizms in the mission which of course was set by the mission president. He talked a lot about that goal, and how he wants us to be a part of making that happen the next 4 months. It was way intense, and I felt very honored to be there. It was such a spiritual meeting, which every meeting I have had with the president is, he is a spritual giant. This morning we got to attend the temple. I attached some pictures. Then afterwards we went and had a little zone party at deseret book while each missionary was in amazment looking at everything. The things you get excited for. Then a few of us went to lunch at dairy queen. I love making friends with the elders it adds something a little more to the mission, and we have such a fun time. Ok I have to tell  you about my experience yesterday with food. It was the typical missionary food experience. Ok so I made myself a small lunch around 12 which consisted of a fruit smootie and some crackers- healthy right. I am trying. Then we had an appt at 2 with the Branch President so we get over there and his wife gives us some yogurt. Ok thats just fine. Then she asks if we want lunch we politely say yes so she makes us 3 eggs I dont think I have ever eaten three eggs, the we have rice with some type of mexican seasoning, and tortillas!! Then after we have cake. I havent had sweets for a week!! The first thing I have is some leftover birthday cake thing with strawberries between both layers, and thick frosting. It was a good meal I am not complaining, but I was pretty content by this point. Like I would have been fine with out food the rest of the Night. Then at 4 so 2 hours later we had another appt with the relief society presient. We get over there and she is feeding her kids-of course. Her mom lives with her as well, so with an older mexican lady you have to be careful with not offending. So they feed us more!! So we had rice, and some type of batttered chicken, with tortillas. I was dying!!! My comp just took it like a champ, but I really was not even a little hungry because 2 big meals with in 2 hours. None of these were supposed to be dinner appts. Then She brings out more chicken!!! By this point I will throw up if I put one more thing in my mouth so we ask her if we can take it to go. Then the cute little grandma the whole time we are eating she just keeps pointing out we have vegtables, and pico. I dont know how my comp did it. I have never eaten that much before it was worse than a thanksgiving, probably because there was no time for any digustment whatsoever. After we had about 30 mins of a little break, we both went home and curled up on the floor. I told her I was never doing that again. I refuse to get fat!!! Its nice because the elders are in some biggest loser competition with each other, and they always say Hermana Grimes you dont even have anything to lose. Thanks guys, but really I was dying. It was not even a little funny, and I love every meal we have its all good food so thats never the concern. At least now I have one of those stories. Also saturday night we had a less active/ recent convert teach us how to make tortillas I am going to come home an awesome mexcian cook!!! I attached pictures of that as well.
Well You all have an awesome week. I still always pray for you!!! Enjoy
Also Birthday ideas
1. Purse- needs to fit scriptures, and a camera-side strap kind of stylish
2. Slippers- Like the ones Linnea and B have from Target
3. All sorts of Tights- different colors as well.
 
Love you All!!! Thanks for your amazing Support.
Love Always Lindsey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment