Monday, September 26, 2011

The rainy season has begun!

Well I had quite the interesting week!! I can't say it was the best one by any means. Its seems this week we had a lot of appts that we had scheduled, but they all pretty much fell through. No one was home!! Its so frustrating  because Hispanics really are kind of flaky I love them, but they are flaky!!! They really have no sense of time either so when you say Wednesday night at 6 it could be anywhere from 4- 9 that they might be home. I just have to keep telling myself there must be someone else we have to see instead. It makes you feel a little bit better. Its hard because the Lord has a time that he wants people to be ready to hear and accept the gospel, but everyone has to use there agency. I just want to say to them " you know I am doing you a favor, this is your eternal salvation we are talking about." It doesn't quite work that way though!! Oh well. Also some other disappointing news, Carolina didn't come to church which means she is being pushed back again!! I am so sad. She is so ready to be baptized, and she has been to Church before. Its just hard because of her work schedule. Another thing with Hispanics in the states is they work on Sunday's, and jobs are hard to come by for them because some of them are here illegally so they cant really just quite. The goal is hopefully for next week, but don't get your hopes up. Just keep praying it works!! 
This week we had a zone conference and Keith R. Edwards-( I think he is in the quorm of the 70) came to speak with us. It was amazing. You always walk away from those kinds of meetings just feeling pumped, and ready to go. He talked about the spirit of revelation and using the spirit of prophecy to teach. Only the spirit can change people, so we need to make sure we invite the spirit. Then he talked about Abraham and how he was commanded to sacrafice Issac. How we have to be willing to put it all on the altar to come to know Christ, and do what he needs us to do. We are the ones who signed the paper, and submitted the papers to be the missionaries he needs us to be. It was just encouraging, and always adds something a little different to the week. He mentioned its supposed to be hard because Jeffery R. Holland said it best "Salvation is not a Cheap Experience" we are here to represent Christ, his journey wasn't easy for us with the atonement so, what makes us think that we are going to have it easy. There is a special calling in bringing forth the work. We are promised that if we do our best we can and will make up the for the rest.
Also its started raining so needless to say I no longer stay  dry!! Which means I start to look a little special because I am not going to be doing cute things with my hair, and then  5 mins later have is soaking wet, so don't judge. Mom that cute rain coat has become quite handy especially with the HOOD!!! I am thinking more and more I will learn to appreciate the rain. People arent kidding when they say Washington has two seasons August and Rainy. Gotta Love it! Well we do get a few sunny days here and there, like today!! Of course because its P-day, and its the one day we can a hangout inside in our warm and comfy sweats. Oh well, Its just the beginning.
Well family I love you all so much, and I can't thank you enough for all your support. Each of you have such exciting and big things happening in your lives. Know that I pray for you always so keep being the best you can. I Love getting all of your emails. Until next week. Also saturday is the Relief Society Broadcast, and I cant wait!! So mom and Linnea just know at the exact same time your watching it so will I- well an hour later, but still!!!
 
Siempre Amor
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment