Monday, September 26, 2011

A dinner deal

My amazing Family!!
 
How are you all?! I hope your doing well. I am on a limited time so I didnt have time to read your emails before I wrote this letter so sorry if I didnt get all your questions answered, but I will. Dont worry. Everything is going just great, like always. First off I LOVED the package!! It was perfect so Thank you so much!! Also great job on the headband and scarf!! They are so cute, I will have to send pictures of me when I wear them. I loved everything green in the package, and it was very appropriate considering I am infact a "Greenie." This past weekend we had a little mexican fiesta with the branch, and it was so much fun!! I love hispanics. They are some of the nicest must humble people, I know. They are always open to listening to what you have to say, which is great. You just have to find what people are really ready to make the necessary changes. Anyway the party was filled with tons of FOOD!! Mexican food, which I am loving more and more. Then some of the traditional mexican dances. It was such a nice break, and such a fun way to get to know the branch better. As far as my investigators Carolina- Her and her family were not at church on Sunday we found out
 it was because they were sick, so thats a good reason. They are so ready to accept the gospel!! The still are planning on being baptized this month, but since they missed church it will probably be on the 24th. Just pray it happens this month. She is really hard to get a hold of because of her work schedule, but she is always making time to meet with us. I absolutely love her, and her kids. A few days ago we finished teaching about them about restoration of the gospel and Joseph Smith, and she started crying when were we telling her the experience in the sacred grove. Its amazing because the Lord really does have his hand in this work. Even if people are not ready to accept the gospel it helps lead you to the ones that really are. On sunday are other investiagtor Joel came to church. Joel is dating Alyson who is a member of the church, and she wont marry him unless he makes the changes in his life. He his such a nice guy, and very nice and open to change. He just has a hard time because he smokes, and drinks but its getting better. This week we are coming up with a plan of attack to try and get him to stop. I want to see him baptized before I leave this area!! He is such an awesome guy!! Speaking of plans of attack today we went to visit with a recent convert Manuel. Manuel is having a hard time with the Word of Wisdom as well, and he did really good for a long time. He has some friends that arent the best influence, and so he cracked!! We had about an hour long chat with him today about it, and he is still struggling. So, my companion and I decided to make a little deal with him. Of course he was part the decision process as well. I have to give up chocolate for a few weeks. Our check in period is in about 2 weeks!! I tried telling him my favorite thing was mashed potatoes, but he wasnt buying it!! I could give those up with no problems at all!! Hermana Heywood is giving up Peanut Butter. We have a little night planned in 2 weeks for dinner so we will see who ends up paying up. My St. George Peeps should know, but I KICK BUTT at dinner deals!!! I will let you know the results. Of course we are checking in with him everynight, and he has to let us know it he had a drink or smoked during the day. Personal Accountablity. He is such a great guy he just needs a push. Last week he took us out for fried ice cream, and he was doing great. I dont know what the heck happened he just has ups and downs. What he needs is a single pretty hispanic lady. Maybe with time.
As far as Washington goes the weather has been Beautiful!! I have still managed to keep my self nice and dry.
There is just a few things I need. Mom and Dad when you send the next package would you please enclose some of my winter sweaters because when it gets cold its going to get cold. I have them in a box in the basement. Labeled "Linds Winter" Thanks!
I LOVE YOU ALL!! I pray for you always. Enjoy Everything, and Know I am thinking about You!!!
Next week we have the temple so P-day is once again switched until Tuesday!!
Have an awesome week
 
Love Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment