Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Week!

Well here we are again!!! Can you believe we are in the last week of SEPTEMBER!!! Which means I have quite the day coming up this week!! I am so excited. Its going to be especially different this year being that I wont be able to be with all of you!! I just get to spend it with other friends that I have made. I don't have any super exciting plans as of yet, but that doesn't mean it wont just be the greatest, and really its all about the attitude. HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week to an Amazing and Beautiful SISTER!!! I Love you Linnea!! You better celebrate hard for the both of us.... OK. Maybe even have some mocha almond fudge ice cream seeing that's not really the thing I should be buying at the grocery store, and some pie!! I got a little teary eyed as I read your sweet email. You are the best, and you keep me going. I cant wait to open your present. I don't have it yet, but they should deliver it sometime before Thursday. Have the best day ever!!! Of course I sent something home for you as well because that's just what I do. So be excited, and don't you dare open it until 9/29. Take lots of pictures for me. Oh and guess what you will be 23 when I get home.... ha ha. Love you. Also its TOREE's Birthday Tomorrow, so someone can write on her facebook page or something to tell her that I Love her.
 
OK so this week has been really good actually. We have found some new investigators with some really high potential. They have committed to reading the book of Mormon, and they are still allowing us to come and teach them which is always a good sign. Like I have mentioned before its finding the people who are really ready to make the change. We met this lady and I really cant remember her name which is sad, but it was the most interesting visit ever. We knock on the barley pokes her head out, and after a few minutes she finally lets us in. She knows quite a bit about the gospel. We just have to set a few things straight. I think she might have been taught by the Jehovah Witnesses at one point in time, and that's never good. She is 26, and has been married for about 10 months now. She is so nice, but a little different we definitely have to figure out what is going on because she was open to reading the book of Mormon, but when we were quoting the first vision she told us to stop because she is sick. Then she wouldn't let us end with a prayer because of her sickness...Weird. Not to mention she talked to us for about 20 Min's about how we should make sure we get and education. Then another 15 Min's on Boyfriends, and making sure we marry someone who is going to treat us well, and that we can be happy with. It was quite funny, so I call her "potential" because she has a lot of it. I will keep you updated on how she turns out. 
 
Now have to fill you in on Carolina and her family. Last week like I mentioned they didn't come to church. Monday night we went over to visit them, and found out that she was in a car accident. What to know when...yep when she should have been at church. I am not going to judge, but not only was she not a church she was shopping. Which just a few days before we taught her keeping the Sabbath day holy!!! What the heck. Hopefully its a little bit of a eye opener to her. I love her really, but she is super busy and is a little lazy when it comes to getting to Church. This week we have to make her realize the blessings that can come from attending church because she didn't come yesterday either!!! We had a short lesson with her this week because she needed some help with her insurance stuff from the accident. She expressed how she felt bad that she missed her baptismal date, and she is still keeping the commitments of reading, and praying. So once she comes to church she can finally make the baptism step. I keep praying, and staying positive. I just have to stop thinking about it, and let the lord do his work. So hopefully this month, but don't hold your breath.
 
We had a zone fireside last night. Which we have every sunday night to discuss new things in the mission or just how everyones week went. Last night we just had a testimony meeting, and talked about the zone conference we had a few weeks ago. Missionary Work is hard, and nothing really prepares you for it until your actually here. Its more emotionally hard as your trying to be the best missionary you can, getting people to church and make the necessary changes in their lives, and being away from every thing thats comfortable. Some one shared a quote from a talk saying "Missions are made up of disappointments, and spiritual experiences. You just dont remember the disappoinments." Its so true!! This week I have really realized how its the people that make it all worth it. Some examples from this week.
1. A cute little girl about 3 years old giving me a kiss on the cheek as we leave a lesson.
2. Another little girl learning my name, and repeating it to me about 5 times. I had met her once before, but its been a few weeks since I have seen her family at church. She comes up to me after "I remember you, I just dont remember your name."
3. Carolina giving me the most genuine hug, and telling us she is so grateful for how she feels when we are in her home.
4. Being in someones home, and being a conselor as they share everything. Which I still only catch about 50% of whats going on.
5. Kneeling with Carolina and her family for prayer before her kids went to bed.
6. Having people be excited when you show up to there home.
 
Its just the simple things, but it gives it purpose. Even though its hard you just have to look for the small things. Some exciting News Dallin H. Oaks is coming to our Mission on November 19th!!  Also on thursday night (our birthday)  I am going on exchanges with Hermana Stout!! So I get to have a sleep over with her that night, and then do some missionary work with her friday!! That is going to be fun to just catch up with her.
Oh and wasn't Dieter F. Uctdorfs talk AMAZING in the relief society meeting. I know the talk was given to women all over the world, but I kind of think it was just for me. Isn't that amazing how it can apply to all of us in the different stages, and hard times in our lives, and it being exactly what we need to hear. I loved it. Enjoy conference this week!!! I am super excited for that as well. I wil be watching it the same time you will just in a different place.
 
Linnea please UPDATE my BLOG!!!!
 
Well family I love you all!! Your amazing, and I hope you have the best week ever. Know that I always am thinking about you, and praying for your success. Keep doing whats right, and enjoy every moment. Love your favorite missionary!!! Les Amo Mucho!!!
 
Siempre Amor
 
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment