Monday, June 18, 2012

FAMILY

My Favortie People,
 
I can't even describe how good it was to talk to all of you yesterday!!! Seriously best thing ever. I was so grateful that I was able to skype don't you love technology now a days?!!  Of course I am always an emotional mess so I guess I didn't expect anything less than to just start crying the second i got to see each of you. It was funny because after church we were going back to our apartment to do a little bit of studying for about an hour OK probably the less productive study I have had my whole mission because that was the last thing I was thinking about. We were still trying to figure everything out for the time we were going to call, and Hermana Peaks says well are you just jumpy. Well HELLO...how are you not excited?!! I was STOCKED!!! You all look so good even though B was super bored with my stories when I was telling you about my investigators. You all look so great!!!! Dad it was so good to hear your voice, and yes I am so glad that I was able to talk to you!! It was just you, and I loved it!!! You all so sound good, and just know that I love you all so much. Well I can't believe you now have two missionaries. I really have been on a I Miss my Bro kick this week, but I can't wait to start getting pictures and emails!!!
 
Well I am ready to give you an update from Seattle. I know we just talked, but hey your talking about me so i have so many more things to tell you. Plus I am not the greatest at writing in my journal its more of a time thing, but I have to remember all of these amazing things. This week has been pretty good. First of all the weather has been gorgeous like not one cloud in the sky!!! Basically I love my life. Earlier this week on Tuesday we were able to have a zone conference and listen to a member of the 70 Elder Golden. We each got the chance to meet him, and he was so sweet. Honestly you could just feel his genuine love I was asked to say the closing prayer so I was lucky enough to shake his hand twice so that was kind of cool. What I really like about it is for the first little bit we talked about missionary work, and how we can improve. Then for the last few hours he just talked to us about the doctrine, and we had quite a good discussion on premortal life, our purpose on earth, the fall, the need for the atonement, and how we become gods so to sum it up...Amazing. It was so nice to be able to just talk about the doctrine, and put a little more of the pieces together in my brain. It was so good!!! Then after me and Hermana Peak were doing some contacting down the street as we were walking to our next appt. I got talking to this lady at a bus stop so you know that's a quick conversation. Well I was doing good for a little bit just talking to her, and no sign of the bus. Then all of a sudden she tells me she has family in Utah that are members ok well Flashing light cant pass up this opportunity. Well just my luck the bus comes so I grab Hermana Peak, and we hop on the bus. Then I ended up talking to her come to find out she lives outside our mission, but it turns out that when we got off the bus we were a little past the apartment complex where we needed to be. Then we had to start walking back, and as we were walking past this park I see this Lady named Oneyda playing with her daughter. Now she was one of the first people I met here in Seattle in this area, and she was going through a really hard time financially. Basically she couldn't pay her rent so she packed everything up and left. I saw her the day before she left, but the next day Hermana Spiller and I went back and she was gone. We had no idea what she ended up doing so we havent had contact with her in over a month. Then all of a sudden I see her at a park, and was able to catch up with her. It was a park that we wouldn't have been walking by if I didn't hop on the bus. How cool is that. 
Now do you remember Emma the sweet lady that I told you about a few weeks ago? Well we are still teaching her, and this week we stop by her house. She lets us in, but she just looks really sad and not OK. We ended up talking we her, and her and her husband had a fight over the weekend. He pushed her as he was leaving, and she fell so she had busies on her arms and she hasn't had contact with him sense. Which I wouldn't blame her, and now she is trying to figure out how to work out that situation or what she is going to do she just knows that she doesn't want to be with him anymore. We have been able to stop by about 3 times this week, and just be with her. Which I know is exactly what she needs right now, and she was explaining to us how she felt peaceful, and safe when we are around. That's the thing with missionary work you get to hear and see a lot of different situations, and the lord really puts you where you need to be because she needs the love and support.
Then another day we were out looking for a former investigator in a trailer park well she has now moved and no longer lives there which is pretty common for others not from this country. Anyway i just had a feeling to knock on this one trailer door that was open before we left. Turns out it is this Lady named Esmeralda who I actually met my first week in the mission at a birthday party in Kent. She mentioned that she used to have missionaries come over, but now they have stopped. Which is probably because she wasn't progressing or keeping commitments. That's besides the point she expressed how she would be interested in us coming back to teach her family so we have a time set up this upcoming week.
Then as you know Lydna came to church yesterday!!! MIRACLE we have been trying to get her to church for the past 7-8 weeks to the point that we would always invite her because that's what we do. We would knock on her door every morning because she would always tell us that she was coming. Then we would also have rides set up as well. She just has huge anxiety issues, and doesn't like big groups of people. She has had a rough past, and so there is a reason she requested to have sister missionaries. Well see made it to church, and she was actively participating. In Gospel Principles her and her daughter were asking questions, and answering questions. Then she turned to me about half way through, and says "I feel really calm... its weird." Then we were talking about the plan of salvation in the class and at the end of the class she says "There is so many people who don't know about this plan that's just sad." She is so great. She has been through a lot, and its so amazing to see the changes that are happening. Of course she still has things to work through we are working on the smoking thing right now, but she told us she didn't want to buy any more tobacco so we are making progress. Also Jocelyn came to church yesterday so it was so good to see them there. We had a lesson with her Saturday she is also struggling with financial issues, but its amazing how much she wants to attend church and learn more!! Also this weekend a cute couple in the branch got married so we attend their wedding, and then they had a little get together at the park. I really am loving this area more, and more each day!!! You know there are just different lessons and experiences that you need to have the lord knows exactly what I need.
 
Love always,
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment