Monday, June 18, 2012

Loving you from seattle

Good Afternoon Family,
 
First of all I am so glad to hear that you got the package of Seattle Chocolates. Aren't they so yummy?!! OK let me tell you the story behind it. So around Christmas time I saw some elders with chocolate wrappers that said Seattle, and I thought it would have been so cool to get some and send it home. It turns out they ended up getting the chocolate from a member in their young single adult ward so then I didn't think much about it. Well since I got called to serve in Seattle one night about a few weeks ago we were talking to a lady after a meeting we had, and she was telling us about how the factory/ retail store for Seattle chocolates here in our area that we had to go check out. Of course I was all over it so last week Hermana Peak and I had a little fun exploring the chocolate store. Well the cute lady that gave the elders the chocolates works at the store so she let us sample anything and everything. We ended up talking to her for a while just having a great time, and she is not a member but has been investigating the church. So she knows a lot about missionaries having families that live far away. Anyway turns out the one of the presidents of the company is a Mormon, and happened to come in the store when we were there. He actually told us that we could get whatever we wanted, and he would cover the bill. How sweet is that? Then the cute lady working there was like well we can just ship it to your families from here for free, and I will even take your picture to put in the package!!! I even sent one to steven so he got to be part of it as well!!!
There you have our chocolate adventure, and now you each got to be the benefit of some nice people here.
 Something funny the other day we were playing the game two truths and a lie with some of the young women. I totally said I was writing a missionary, and it stumped everyone!!! Little did they know at that time it was my bro.
 
Also I did receive the i-pod with Stevens farewell talk. He did a really good job!! I do have to give him props because of the little shout outs. I am not sure if you noticed, but  I sure did that right in the beginning when he was talking about the story of the Helaman and the strippling warriors he said he has liked that story "since he was like 5." Oh my gosh I laughed so hard!!! Love you kid, and you rocked it.
 
Now for the update from Seattle.
Well the reason why your receiving this email later in the afternoon is because we were able to go to the temple this morning so that is always a nice change. Also on Friday I was able to attend the baptism of Alicia's two youngest boys. The English elders have been teaching them, and they got baptized!!! That was a really great experience to be able to be a part of that, and just watch how in such a short amount of time she has been able to help her family. Also Lynda went to church, and had a great experience. She was telling us all last week how she really wanted to go. I think she felt really embarrassed that we had to see her in that way, but its part of what we do. What makes it even greater is how much she wanted to go to church after everything kind of went down. Another thing that happened I don't know if you remember me telling you about Alex. Anyway he is the one that is going through a really hard time with his wife, and basically has a broken heart. He is kind of pessimistic and has a little bit of an attitude just because of what he is going through. Its actually really great because he is slowly making the changes. The first time after his wife left when Hermana Spiller and I were meeting with him we couldn't even get him to pray. Just because he was so mad and hurt that he didn't even want to talk to god. The best part is that he is trying, and he keeps telling us how hard he is trying. Well he came to church on Sunday. Not only that he now prays at the end of our lessons, and he calls us angels which is really quite nice. We also had another one of our investigators at church named Victor. Then we have another older guy we are teaching named Lucio. Who is great, and I really like him. Once again just reminds me of a little grandpa. We met him a few weeks ago just walking around an apt complex. He had told us that his daughter used to meet with missionaries in Mexico, and that's how he knew who we were. He was busy that night, but he told us he would call and we could start meeting. Now when that happens you just think OK the chance of that happening are the chance of getting blink cards...just aint going to happen. (Linnea that was just for you) Well he did, and he is really interested. He came to church last week. He wasn't able to make it a few days ago because he was in Oregon. He is so interested in learning, and is so funny. He always goes in our lessons at least for the first ten minutes about how he didn't attend school, and is really interested in learning and that's why he has so many questions. We always explain to him well Lucio that's our job as missionaries is to help you learn. He makes me laugh, but he is reading the book of Mormon. One day soon he will be baptized so I will keep you posted.
There you have just a small piece of what has been happening.
Yesterday for Memorial Day we were invited to have a BBQ with the Adams Family.  Anyway we had dinner with them last week because they told us to come over anytime, and then they invited us over for a Memorial day American BBQ. They are such sweet people, and I love how I have been able to get to know them because they are in a English ward that meets in a different building. I met them last transfer because we taught Alicia, and she attends an English ward so I had seen them every once in a while when we were helping Alicia. Just to give you an idea of the kind of people they are he told us "Don't call 911 call Brother Adams." That was really fun.
 
 
Also I need to give a shout out to B!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!! I sure love you, and will be thinking about you tons. I sent a little something nothing crazy, but just to let you know I didn't forget about you.  Party it up in a good way of course. Also I was looking at pictures and wanted to ask how many piercings in your one ear?
Well Family I love you all so much!!! I am praying for you. Enjoy every moment, and Live it up. With a big hug from Seattle. 
Love Always, Hermana Grimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment