Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome to June

To the people I love the most,
 
How was your week? Welcome to Summer Vacation. You punks by the next time you get my email you will have been starting your vacation. It sure does sound like fun so I hope you all enjoy it, and I am sure you will tell me all about it. Also dad we hit fast Sunday number 12!!! Crazy!!! I was thinking about you yesterday like always, but its always a little extra on fast Sundays just because its our thing.
Well this week has been great. We had a investigator well actually he is the elders investigator Gonzalo. Who wanted to take us out for seafood. Well I love sea food so i am not going to turn down that offer. He ended up taking us to a nice place that over looks the Seattle skyline and right by alaki beach. The restaurant is named Salty's. He told us he wanted to take us somewhere nice because all the sea food restaurants around where we live they fry everything. He heard about this place, and decided to try it out. Of my gosh it was fantastic. One the view alone, and the food. It was a little pricey so I felt kind of bad. He told us we could get whatever we wanted. He actually convinced me to get my dish because he knew how much I love salmon, and told me not to feel bad about it. Even though I ordered the most expensive thing out of all of us it was 50 dollars!!  It was a copper river salmon that comes from Alaska and they only have it a certain time of the year for about a month. So I took full advantage!!! I attached a picture just because my food looked that pretty, and tasted that good. Also that purple stuff under the fish I did not consume. Luckily I had a great piece of fish, asparagus, and bread so whatever that purple mashed crap was I did not eat because I pretty sure we all know it is. At least I think it is I must have over looked that part of the menu but it worked out because I was quite full by the time I got to that point. SO YUMMY!!!
We were finally able to do our exchanges. On Friday to Saturday I got to go kick it with Hermana Stout in Bellevue. It was so needed. Its so nice being able to have a bestie in the mission because are just like little girls with so much to catch up on. Friday night of course we had some people to visit, but we went to some Burger Joint for dinner just because we could. Also we were able to stop by and see the Cardenas Family. Who I love with all my heart. It was so great, and I love they have become such a big part of my life. They are such a great family, and no matter what happens I know i will always have that connection with them. It was so good to see them. Then on Saturday once again we caught up on all shorts of crazy things, and then went out to lunch. I seriously love that girl, and we have such a great time. It was nice to have a recharge. Another thing I realized the work still continues after you leave because its the Lords work, and is never going to stop. It was part of the Restoration we were promised that it would never stop again. The greatest thing is really is all for me I just am blessed enough to be a part of it, and be able to meet people to establish these relationships, and to grow in ways I never thought possible.
Also in talking to Alicia this last week she was asking her 9 year old son Carlos who just got baptized. If there were 3 things that he could teach his friends what would they be. She said she was just asking it in general conversation just to know and guess what he spits out?
1. Word of Wisdom
2. Law of Chasity
3. Reading the scriptures.
How cute is that? We got a little laugh as she was telling me that.
 
Yesterday Lucio came to church!!! I sure do love that guy, and he absolutely loved it.
Now let me tell you about our other miracle for the week. So Last Sunday we had an appt to visit with some members in the branch. We arrived at the apartment complex, but were not sure what apartment they lived in. Guess what we do check it out in the ward directory. OK wrong. We go and knock on the door of the apartment we think is theirs, and some white lady answers. In our minds we are thinking OK she is not Hispanic, and not who we are looking for. I am telling you, you never know whats going to be behind the door. Its actually quite thrilling. She asked us what church we belonged to. Then of course we told her the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. She went on to explain how she used to meet with the elders and has attend church a number of times. They had moved, and hadn't had contact with missionaries. Then we go on to tell her that we teach in Spanish, and that we could get her set up with missionaries. Then she says well that's perfect because my boyfriend speaks Spanish, and he never went to church with me because he thought it was only in English. We were able to go in and get to know them Crystal and Misa. She expressed how much she wanted to be baptized because she is 34 and has not had that opportunity. We were able to go back earlier this week and teach them, and but them both on date for baptism at the end of the month. Now the thing is they are not married, and she is a smoker. Get this we talked about the law of Chasity and the word of wisdom and then invited them to church. We get a call about 25 minutes before church starts a 9 usually when that happens its is some one cancelling. Well not them!!! Then called telling us that they were already waiting in the parking lot. Then during the Gospel Principles she wanted to talk to the branch president and spent a good 45 Min's talking to him in his office. Of course he brought up the same things. She has this attitude I don't even care what I have to do or not do nothing is getting in my way!!! She already told us that they would get married because they have been together for 8 years, and just had never done it. The branch president can also be the one who marries then. She told us that if she has to quite smoking she would do it, and the president got her involved with a guy in the stake who help with addiction recovery programs. After church we had a lesson with them, and the BOTH LOVED church!!!! Misa mentioned the gospel principles class 10 times through out our whole lesson, and it helps because he works with the teacher.  Well they see each other around so it was good for him to see a familiar face. Also crystal asked a question about why there are so many different churches if their is only one god. We of course have a little object lesson planned to explain, and help people understand. You just have to know her personality but she just stops us and says " I get it, it all makes sense god just has multiple personalities or he is schizophrenic." We all busted up laughing for a good solid 5 minutes. I promise she was kidding, but we were dying so funny. Really they are so great, and I LOVE THEM!!! Lots of questions, but they have such a desire to learn, and to change.
 
Also talking with Alex. I don't know if you remember the story about the complements a few weeks ago that were so funny. Well i found out the reason his brother thinks I am so cute is because apparently I look like some famous Mexican singer named Belinda. So you should check it out, and let me know. Since I don't have access to that kind of stuff.
Well family I love you all so much!!! Thanks for your emails. I hope you all enjoy your week. Know that I love you and am praying for you always. Also transfers are next week!!! I can't believe I am actually saying this but I want to stay, and I would actually be OK if its with Hermana Peak. Trust me I don't know if I would have said that even 2 days ago. I have been praying for charity so much, and its coming. I sure do love what I am doing right now even though I have times where I just want to be done. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! 
Love always, Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment