Monday, June 18, 2012

Staying in Seattle

Good Morning to my Favorite People
From Seattle to Newport to the Prove MTC!!!
 
I am staying here!!! My companion is still going to be Hermana Peak. Which I am not sure President made to many changes with the Spanish hermanas this transfer. Actually I am quite excited. You know for some reason the last transfer really was more on the rougher side. I am not 100% sure why I think it was probably a lot of little things that kind of just were building up. Its amazing how much my attitude had changed just the last week I was here. Not that I didn't love the people or the area, but I am starting to love it more and more. Just over the last transfer I have come to realize how much I really do love the work, and love being a missionary. There were just times where I just wasn't happy, and like I said I don't know if one thing triggered it or if it was just a bunch of small things. I realized I can't really depend on other people making me happy. I have to learn to be happy no matter the area, investigators, or my companion. I have also been praying for charity a lot, and I am actually quite excited for whats coming next.
 
Now we had the biggest miracle of all this week!!! You know how I talked to you about Crystal and Misa last week, and how absolutely amazing they are. So to recap: we taught the law of chastity Friday and  they talked to Branch President Sunday.  Well we had an appt on June 5th so last Tuesday. We walk into their apartment, and the first thing she pulls out is a 8 1/2 x 11 Manila envelope. Guess what was in the envelope? Their Marriage License!!! Yes first thing Monday they went and got their marriage license. We had a minor freak out. That day she also went and got her self a dress, they looked at rings, and are making all the other plans to have a small wedding. They were even able to contact the branch president who will be the one to marry them. They are getting married June 25, 2012 and then baptized on June 30, 2012!!! Can you believe it?! Also this weekend we had a stake picnic which they were both in attendance, and they were even at church on Sunday. Come to find out they weren't even feeling very well, but they didn't wanted to miss church!! Just in talking to them this week I can't even believe we have to chance to know and teach them. I mean that is the greatest thing ever to help to people not only get baptized, but help them get married so they can be living all the commandments to be baptized. Then the fact that they are so willing to do it is even better. Also come to find out the day we knocked on her door which would have be May 27, 2012 happened to be her 34th Birthday. Well Her and Misa had just had an argument, and the in her words "then we got 2 girls knocking at our door." Now nothing will ever be the same for them. Its amazing because they have been reading, and praying personal and together. Basically they are just on Fire!!! Keep them in your prayers.
Also Alex and Victor came to church. Victor has the goal to be baptized this month we are working with him on the Word of Wisdom, and as of Friday he hasn't smoked. He told us that the desire to smoke is getting less and less. So we just have to keep working, and supporting him. Now Alex on the other hand he need to gain a testimony so we are still working on that with him, but a least he is coming to church.
 
Now on to some funny stories because I have a few. Last Monday we were tracting and we met a younger guy named Luis. Who of course was busy at the time, but said we could come back. We set a return appt for Friday evening. Well Friday evening rolls around, and we knock on his door. He opens the door with a mouth full of food, and a surprised look on his face. Kind of like I can't believe you actually remembered. Well hello we are missionaries, and since its your salvation were talking about what makes you think we would forget. Anyway he told us he was eating. Gee never would have guessed that I think only the mouth full of food gave it away. Then he told us to come back in 20 minutes. Well 20 Min's pass and we pass by his door again and posted on the door is this note. "Disculpenos tuvimos que salir que Dios las bendiga." Which basically says Sorry we had to leave god bless. Then we write a little something back on the note, and hear dishes clashing. We just laughed, and walked away. I mean if you didn't want us to come back you could have just told us the first time come on buddy lets save our time and yours. At least we got a good laugh.
 
Now speaking of good laughs. This one is great. Now I have to tell you this one in person because it will be that much better, just because its that good, but I just can't not tell you. Just so you have something to hold you over. The other day we made our way up to North Seattle to teach Rey and Elsa brother and sister from Argentina. They are probably in their 50's. Now the English elders have been working with them, but they wanted our help because Elsa doesn't really understand English like Rey. Now we are tag teaching them with the elders, and its actually quite fun. They had us over for the lesson, and after the lesson they fed us dinner. OK well he went to culinary school so he knows his stuff when it comes to cooking so we had a great authentic Italian dinner. Besides the point. Anyway I always offer to help after the meal to clean up just because is polite. By this point Elsa was taking dishes into the kitchen.
So I ask Necesita ayuda con las trastes. Which means do you need help with the dishes.
Elsa says no estoy bien.
Segura, porque a mi me gusta a lavar las trastes. Are you sure I love washing dishes
Elsa in her sweet little voice just tells me she we do the dishes later.
Ok so everything gets cleaned up. Rey waits until everything is off the table. Now really quick let me just tell you Rey is just one of those guys who likes to give you a hard time which is good he has this kind of personality because thats what made the story so funny. Then he says you speak a lot like a mexican. Now remember they are from Argentina even though we all speak spanish its different. He says because you just asked to help with las trastes. Which in mexico they say that for dishes, but in places like Argentina it means ass. (Sorry for my language) Then by this point all of us our dying of laughter. Rey goes so you just asked to help wash our asses, and then you told us that you love doing it!!! Now he was not kidding, but I sure got teased about it all night long. Then another thing. You know that stuff that I sent you home for Christmas that is like the sweet carmel spread. Well Elsa pulls that out and I mentioned how much I loved it. Well guess what the word Cajeta means...the same thing. Then that gave Rey even more reason to give me a hard time. Basically I just provided the entertainment for everyone that whole night. At least we got a good solid laugh. Note to self I am going to stick with Los Platos instead of Las Trastes for everyone. Its not like I never said platos I just had no idea that trastes was so different in everyother country expect Mexico. I guess I missed that one in the MTC amazing that wouldn't teach you the swear words.
 
Well family I love you all so much. I hope your enjoying your vacation it sure sounds like fun!!! Know that I am thinking about you, and praying for you always. Keep doing whats right, and having fun. Enjoy the new cars land it sounds legit!!!
Love you Always, Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment