Monday, August 29, 2011

5 Days Left!!

Good Morning to my Amazing Family!!!
5 more days!!! I can´t even believe it. Before I know it I will be headed to the best mission in the World!! I hope you recieved my flight plans that I sent last week. I am so excited to talk to you at the airport I can´t even handle it. I still need to hear need what phone number you want me to call. If you could figure it out and let me know that would be great. Then I don´t have to play the guessing game that morning. I am also not sure what time its going to be...before I board the plane so I guess you just have to be ready for a few hours because even I don´t know when the call is going to come!!
First off thank you for my amazing package. I loved it!! I love getting packages they make my day. Thank you so much for that Awesome T shirt Dad I love it!! Of course I love it, it's a mater shirt. Well I will be putting letters in the mail so expect them this weekend. Also before I leave the MTC I will send my memory card with all my pictures so you can have access to them as well.
This week has been amazing. Nothing super out of the ordinary, but really my days don´t really ever change. I am so excited, and so nervous to get out in the field. I have no idea what to even expect. I am not thinking I am ready one little bit, but our teachers say you never really feel ready. It's like jumping out of a plane and having the faith that your parachute will open and of course it will. The Lord has me on a special errand to teach someone the gospel in spanish. I am not only on a mission to serve, but I am here to do it now. Certain events and decisions got me to this point,  and the lord has reason behind everything. I keep hearing the word foreordained, and thinking what did I do right in the premortal life to have an amazing calling to be a representative of Jesus Christ. It really is such a blessing. Each day I realize what an honor I have to bring others to the gospel. The other day I just spent a few minutes getting caught up in the "I dont knows" about the field. Lets face it I feel like I am walking into a dark room and just hoping the light will come oneventually and not knowing what to expect. I kind of like to have a plan or some idea of what is going to happen. The next little bit of my life is just up in the air, and I was getting a little stressed out about it. Then I walked into class, and we had this amazing lesson on focusing on today. All we have to do is take it one day at a time. You can focus on today, and you can still have a vision of what you can and want to become. Missionary work is called work for a reason. In the scriptures we hear the common phrase knock and it shall be opened unto you. We just have to ask, and we can be comforted and shown the way. Who better to ask about the path then the one who knows the way.
The experiences I have had in the MTC are Amazing, and I am truly so grateful for the opprotunity I have had to be here for the past two months. Not very many people get the chance to be here, and I have loved it. Its all about having the right attitude and enjoying the journey. Your attititde for your mission and the experiences you have show your love for christ. Let me share with you a few of the things I am going to miss about the MTC
1. Only at the MTC would someone write the word Eternal about the life cereal
2. Only in the MTC would you have 2300 people being prepared to teach the gospel.
3. Walking around the campus and having missionaries bear there testimony in what ever language they have been called to serve
4. Having the Elders always take my tray after meals
5. Having the Elders stand up when we walk in to a room or always having my door opened
6. Devotional and Firesides. District testimony meeting after every Tuesday Devotional
7. Singing Called to Serve at Every Fireside
8. My class room!! I have spent a good chunk of my day in that room for the past 2 months
9. The view for the room. Its looks right out and the temple, and the mountains
10. The five flights of stairs I have walked up multiple times a day
11. Looking forward to mail after lunch and dinner
12. Having the Mail Room being the popular hangout spot
13. Getting excited over stupid things such as an erasable highlighter
14. The book store becoming the new mall
15. Having the elders scream when they find the last piece to the puzzel
16. Meeting new people everyday
17. My teachers were the best ones in the MTC
18. Walking around campus and seeing missionaries studying and praying
19. My amazing district we have all grown so close these past 2 months
20. The spirit that is felt so strong everywhere you go because of the power of missionary work.
Just a few of my favorite things!! I want you to know that I love you all so much, and its so fun to hear how your lives are progressing. All of the small changes that are happening. I want you to know that I know this gospel is true, and this is an amazing work. Know I pray for you always. Enjoy every moment, and do whats right. I am so proud of all of you, and am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. Thank you for all your love and support.
Love Always
Your favorite Missionary
Hermana Grimes
I will talk to you TUESDAY!!! Monday is the last day I will recieve Dear Elders in the MTC so WRITE ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment