Monday, August 8, 2011

Dont let the bed bugs bite!

Hola to the Best Family EVER!!!
 This has been quite the interesting week with crazy things happening. On friday night we were all just hanging out in our room after gym waiting to head to class. When one of the Hermanas noticed a bug on the floor, of course everyone kind of had a little panic attack. I am so glad I have never been that way. Anyway, about two weeks ago some hermanas a few doors down from us had bed bugs. Every one has been a little over the TOP paranoid. Its kind of funny. I know its not something to take lightly at all, but there is a difference between worrying, and aware, to being overly cautious. Well turns out since we found the bug we had to take it to the front desk to be checked. According to the squished bug in a zip lock bag, and a google image it was declared that we indeed had a bed bug. Please notice that word was not PLURAL!!! YES JUST ONE BUG. But, because of this ONE bug we had to miss class, shower multiple times that day, and move rooms. Not to mention we had to wash every little thing we own. I may or may not have been a little annoyed. Its important to take the necessary steps I get, but the hermanas I love so much were a little paranoid. None of has had been bitten, and we didn't find one other bug anywhere around are beds or mattress, and trust me we looked. I mean its not really practical to wash every bobby pin, or every q-tip, or flip through every page of Jesus the Christ or the Scriptures. I mean that in itself is just ridiculous. Seriously Jesus the Christ has 800 and some pages, and the scriptures I am not every going to begin figuring that out. Ya that was how my weekend was spent. Of course I kept a positive attitude, but you have to admit it was  little over exaggerated. That night we were doing Laundry until about 12 which on the mish the one thing you need is your 8 hours of sleep!  Then of course the next day is Sunday and we all were a little sleep deprived, so that night we are looking forward to a good nights rest, and the fire alarm goes off at 2 in the morning. Needless to say, Monday was probably the worst day as far as not falling asleep during class or personal study. Im happy to say as of now we are back in our normal sleeping routine.
Ok you know how a few weeks ago I mentioned that Hermana Stout, and I are always finding ways to laugh at ourselves. Well this week was her turn. On Sunday in the devotional the closing song was Come Come Ye Saints. They put the CD of the mormon tabernacle choir in so we could sing along. Anyway the last part of the song is High like super high, and none of us new it. So of course everyone just stops singing. I mean all 2000 missionaries stop to listen to the choir. Well Hermana Stout didn't quite get the memo and belted out the last part of the song. Good thing she has a good voice. It was so loud!! Everyone around us turned. It was so funny, and we still joke about it. In the gym some Elder came up to her and was like " was that you that was singing really high yesterday" So funny! She keeps asking us if she was off pitch but really she was so loud we really couldn't tell. We heard her more than the CD.  It was the best thing. Speaking of Choir I am in the MTC Choir. Yeah, I know what your thinking considering I only sing in the car by myself. My whole district joined the choir, so I had to. The good part is we have the best seats for all the devotionals, and firesides so I guess I can't complain.
Now for the spiritual thought, Dennis E. Simmons was the speaker. He talked about how Patience is a process of perfection. The growing is part of the receiving. If we are doing what we can then the Lord will give us what we need. I just want you all to know I love you so much. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of you. I know that he sent his only begotten son to atone for the sins of the world. We have to rely on him in every part we do. I know that we have the fullness of the gospel on the earth today, and what a privilege it is to be a part of it. Get to know the savior, and wrap your heart around a little piece of the love he has for each of us.
As of now the estimated departure date is AUG 23!!! Travel Plans will arrive about 2 weeks prior to that date, but there you have it!! I can't even believe it, its CRAZY!!
I pray for you always, thanks for your amazing support. Keep doing whats right.

No comments:

Post a Comment