Friday, August 19, 2011

Week 6

My Amazing Family,
 
I have so many things to fill you in on. I better hurry and rush this red timer that is flashing down with the time I have left. I hope you all are doing so well, and that you all have had an amazing week. This week has been AWESOME for me as far as getting mail, and I love it so everyone keep it up. Vay is getting married TOMORROW I cant even believe it. I remember always thinking that would be such a crazy feeling of "oh I am getting married tomorrow". Then again, I always thought that about the day before entering the MTC, and I managed to handle that one. Please go for me to her reception, and give her the biggest hug!!! I am so sad I can't be there, give all my other besties big hugs as well from me. I know so many of them are going to be there. Some other news TOREE is ENGAGED!!! I am so dang excited I screamed in the hallway with Karlie and Kate. We are loving every thing about her and taylor hooking up. She wrote me a quick letter and told me she was engaged, but I am waiting for the actual letter with pictures and the story of how it happened, and seriously I am so antsy. I can't wait!! If you see her tomorrow tell her I love her so much.
Ok now with all of these amazing things happening at home this week I have been a little homesick and sad. I just miss you all so much. This week has been amazing dont get me wrong, and I will get to that.  I know you wouldn't want me any other place, okay maybe you would, but we both know this is where I need to be now. I just wanted to call home, and have someone tell me everything was going to be ok, and that even though I have to miss things such as my two best friends getting married that its okay. It's a roller coaster of up's and down's but its not just by the day but the hours and seconds. Good thing I have always enjoyed a fun ride, because I have buckled myself in tight, for who the heck knows whats next. I promise I am doing so good, and I am positive, happy, and grateful for every chance I have to be here. I have learned to just have fun, not that I never did before but really its about making the most of everything. I never want to look back and realize that I took any of it for granted. With that being said let me give you a little glance of life in the MTC this week. Every Sunday we are asked to prepare talks for sacrament meeting it only needs to be about 3-5 mins, but of course they have to be in Spanish. (The language that I have to tell myself I love every day). Anyway, this past week the topic was Repentance. Everyone prepares a talk, and you don't find out who is speaking until after the sacrament. So its completely on the spot. I actually enjoy speaking in church, "in English"!!! Ya that language you all speak!! Really I just wasn't really in the mood or felt that prepard for my talk like I have previous weeks. That morning I was getting breakfast and Elder R. (the elder writing B) came up to me and said "Hermana Grimes I am really looking forward to hearing your talk in church today" I of course just give him a sarcastic ya right kind of laugh. Well maybe your getting where I am headed with this story. Well after the sacrament a member of the branch presidency stands up and said "today we will be privileged to hear from Hermana Grimes and some other Elder". My Heart dropped to the floor!!! It was quite the experience, and I am almost positive it was the most broken spanish ever!!! After I sat down, and had someone remind me why I am here I just kind of had to laugh. Even though people said they understood what I was saying its not easy learning another language. It is Especially difficult figuring out different ways to share your feelings because you dont know the dang word. Then we had a member of the Branch Presidency speak in English, and he went more in depth about what I talked about. He had more time, but I guess it was inspired. Even though it was the worst talk I have probably ever given, the spirit was present and the message needed to be heard.
Now on to my thoughts about our Devotional. We had Gerald N. Lund (the author of the work and the glory books). It was amazing, and we always joke that each speaker comes specifically for us. Isn't it amazing that they are truly inspired to give talkes that apply to each of us in our own way. This is what I got from it. Well he talked about Faith... that attribute I thought I had before, and I am now realizing I am lacking in that department. Also he mentioned the power of the Holy Ghost and how we are the gatekeepers of our own hearts and we decide what gets in. That is the wonderful gift of agency. Only when we open our hearts can the Holy Ghost come into our hearts. I am supposed to be able to teach and soften the hearts of our investigators through the Holy Ghost. Then they can receive the holy ghost. If you exercise and learn by faith to teach others then you can find people to teach. The Lord blesses us as we act on faith. We need to Act with our faith. Faith is what  got me here and by that same faith I will become stronger thought my mission. The Lord knows where you are and he will make use of where we are and where we are going.
 
I love you all. Have an amazing week. Thanks for your support. Do whats right.
Letters and pictures are on the way
 
Love Always
your favorite missionary
Hermana Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment