Friday, August 26, 2011

Travel Plans Arrive Today!

Hola to my Amazing Family,
 
MY TRAVEL PLANS ARRIVE TODAY!!!! I am freaking out. I serioulsy can't even believe it!  We get them after dinner, so around six today. I will make sure I write it down and send them to you today so you should have them by this weekend!!! Man, its crazy to think that I have been here for 7 weeks. I never thought this day would come, but yet it has come so fast. I am so nervous, and excited I can't even take it. It is just a big step into a whole lot of unknown. Ready or not is coming. I am most excited to call you at the airport. Oh my... I cant even wait!  The thought of talking to you all of you makes me want to cry!!! ONLY about 12 more days!!! During the next week you can  figure out what number would be the best for me to call, and arrange it so you all can be home at the same time. Like I mentioned you will figure out the time this weekend!!! So be on the Look out!!!
Well it sounds like you are all doing amazing like always. Its always so good to hear from you, and hear what is going on in your lives. Thanks for attending the wedding for me!! I am so glad you got to see all of my besties. I just love them all so much. That morning during personal study I had a minor break down because everyone I love was in the same town supporting vay and I couldnt be there. I was studying my scriptures instead. Which is amazing don't get me wrong. After I realized I was where I need to be, I put it all together, and had the best day. We were teaching our investigator David for the first time about the restoration of the gospel. Right after I quoted the first vision in Spanish I looked at my watch and the time was about 10 so the same time the temple sealing started. Later he committed to baptism so why my  friend was getting married, I invited someone to follow the example of christ and be baptized. It was great!! I even got a package from Sister J with cookies, and that was the theme of vays wedding. Tender Mercy... I think so. So even though I wasn't there I still felt a little bit a part of it. I also received toree's letter with the story and pictures, and I am so excited for her!! The other day I was talking with Natalie Belka, and we were counting to see how many of our friends will probably be married by the time we get home so I guess we will have to see if our predictions come true.
This email is all over the place, sorry. It really has been such a fun week. We find all of these crazy things, and appreciate all the small things by  finding joy in the little things. The other day was Hermana Griffins birthday so that night we had a little fiesta with all the goodies from packages we have recieved. It was fun! You have to find different ways to celebrate when your circumstances are different.
This week we also said good bye to one of my favorite districts. They were an awesome group of elders and they are going to be amazing missionaries. B, Elder R. was one of them so he is in Panama now so I will get someone else to write you once I get to Seattle. Actually they just have to see your picture and they volunteer. All I have to do is put in good word.
Now for my amazing spirtual experience that I have had this week. I was watching a talk by Elder Uchtdorf and he mentioned how we are Geographically Seperated, but Spiritually United!! That just hit me because even though the people I love most are all over the place we are all united spiritually because we have the gift of the gospel. Even though at times I feel so far way we can still feel the love for eachother through the spirit. He also talked about how we need to except and claim our challenges. He said to think of it more like a treasure hunt to bring out more talents and abilities, then we have the oppurtunity to becoming more like our savior. It's an opprtunity to bring out our potential! We have talked alot about the meaning of the word sacrafice. We think we are giving things up however, we all made sacrafices to be here, but we are consecrating to do his will, and do what he has asked of us. Well my time is running out. I just love you all so much, and hope you have the best day ever. Know I pray and think about you always. Enjoy Everything
LOVE YOU
 
Love Always, your favorite missionary
Hermana Grimes ( Lindsey)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment